• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord help us with the Ball family

:exploding:

LaVar Ball, father of UCLA star Lonzo Ball, has not been shy in front of a microphone and has an idea of where he'd like his son to play in the NBA.

In an interview on the Kevin and Mike Show on KCUB 1290-AM in Arizona, Ball said his son has one destination in mind.

"My son will only play for the [Los Angeles] Lakers," he said, via Michael Luke of KCUB.

Per ESPN's Jeff Goodman, Ball later clarified those comments to make sure other teams know the Lakers aren't the only club he will play for when he's drafted:

All I said was that my boy is going to play for the Lakers, and I'm going to speak it into existence. I want him to be a Laker, but I wasn't saying he's only going to play for the Lakers. I'm not trying to say he won't play for a different team. But I'd like him to play for the Lakers because it's home and I'd love him to learn from Magic (Johnson) He's the best guard ever to me, and nobody better for Lonzo to learn from than Magic Johnson.

His dad strikes me as a cancer. Lonzo Ball looks like he has the makeup to succeed at the next level. I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is one of those types that it's all about basketball and nothing else.

Situations like this make me really question if I'd give this kid a look on my team given the dad would be a constant distraction.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dad strikes me as a cancer. Lonzo Ball looks like he has the makeup to succeed at the next level. I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is one of those types that it's all about basketball and nothing else.

Situations like this make me really question if I'd give this kid a look on my team given the dad would be a constant distraction.

The good thing about the NBA is that with the schedule, number of games, constant travel, etc. It makes it really hard for parents to be over involved. I think it would be very difficult for him to get away with that kind of stuff with an NBA team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about the NBA is that with the schedule, number of games, constant travel, etc. It makes it really hard for parents to be over involved. I think it would be very difficult for him to get away with that kind of stuff with an NBA team.

Agreed. But I have a feeling that there are going to be some players that put a target on Ball's back when he gets to the league just to shut the dad up. God help the kid if he ever gets put on a poster or a highlight reel.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe his dad will be his agent or manager? Or maybe Lonzo will bring him on the road with him, with his NBA salary...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, the Lakers would shut that shit down.

He shows signs of being the next Richard Williams * Venus and Serena *.

But, so did the Levine family and it's been pretty smooth in Minny.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber didn't get his 10-day contract renewed. I heard that's the reason the Dubs aren't re-signing Bogut off of waivers. Because they feel they like guard depth. Calderon definitely helps.

Yep. From what I've heard they want a guy they feel good about playing 3-4 mins in the playoffs and weber isn't the guy. I'll take Calderon as the 3rd guard

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe his dad will be his agent or manager? Or maybe Lonzo will bring him on the road with him, with his NBA salary...

Worked for the Conley's.

But, no.....Dad's a big mouth, hood rat.

I'm a UCLA homer.

But, this Dude needs to be muzzled.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But I have a feeling that there are going to be some players that put a target on Ball's back when he gets to the league just to shut the dad up. God help the kid if he ever gets put on a poster or a highlight reel.

I laughed my ass off when Lonzo's dad said he's better than Steph. Talk about being 100% delusional. I'm not trying to compare the 2 @ all but Lonzo's coach Steve Alford is proof being a great CBB player doesn't mean success in the NBA. Also see Danny Ferry. He was supposed to be the next Larry Bird.:pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are 4-20 without 2 of their big 3 or just Lebron. One of those two, but I think it's more towards the former. I know the Cavs record w/out Lebron isn't all that great. And you're right, this is why these long-winded essays about how great Kyrie is is always pure gold. I think the guy's a really good player, probably top 15-10. But yeah, without James that team would be sunk. Which is sad because on paper, that roster actually looks pretty good, even when you take Lebron off the list.

I'm pretty sure it's 4-20 without James and for some of those games 1 or the other of the big 3 were out, but not all of the games.

The problem the Cavs have with Kyrie running the show, imo, is what Wiggy himself has said on here multiple times. Kyrie is a Kobe protege. The problem with that is that Kobe was a shooting guard and Kyrie is a point guard.

When the Lakers were at their best, they had D-Fish as the PG, so it wasn't all Kobe all the time (just most of the time). On the Cavs, when Lebron is playing, Kyrie is more of a 2 guard because Lebron is so good at distributing the ball. They just don't get the same ball movement without Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, there's no doubt that players will target him. Especially after his Dad's "Lonzo is better than Steph Curry right now" comment. Pretty sure Steph will have a little something extra for him. lol

Having said that, from what I've read and heard, this is his Dad and Lonzo himself is actually pretty grounded and a good teammate.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it's 4-20 without James and for some of those games 1 or the other of the big 3 were out, but not all of the games.

The problem the Cavs have with Kyrie running the show, imo, is what Wiggy himself has said on here multiple times. Kyrie is a Kobe protege. The problem with that is that Kobe was a shooting guard and Kyrie is a point guard.

When the Lakers were at their best, they had D-Fish as the PG, so it wasn't all Kobe all the time (just most of the time). On the Cavs, when Lebron is playing, Kyrie is more of a 2 guard because Lebron is so good at distributing the ball. They just don't get the same ball movement without Lebron.

420 is a great #. Dammit, wrong thread again!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he's a big mouth.

Worst part, there are two more Ball boy's * see what I did there * to follow.

We are gonna be dealing with him for awhile.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like how Doug Christie's wife? lol

Nothing in this world screams " BITCH " louder than your wife jumping into a fight and hitting the other guy with her purse ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!

You think she unscrews his balls and walks around with them in her purse all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.