• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think LeBron just won the Finals over a 73-win team with a lottery roster... you must have him as the hands-down GOAT.

You're not grasping it.
The roster works fine WITH James.
His presence allows the others a lot of their success.
Take him out of the equation and then suddenly those wide open looks aren't there any more.

Black and white.
For 3 seasons now, they are what, 4-20 without James?

When is the last time the Cavs won a playoff game without James?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how I said this week will give us a good idea of the Pelicans team? Well that team ain't shit and I highly doubt they make the playoffs. Fully expect them to lose in OKC tonight which would push them to 0-3 with Cousins.

I wasn't on the side of it ever being that great of a move considering the rest of the Pelicans roster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't on the side of it ever being that great of a move considering the rest of the Pelicans roster.

True. They traded most of their perimeter players that could have spaced the floor and contributed around those two. I would expect to see a lot of 50-60 pts combined games between the two with nobody else in double figures.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the Cavs playing without 3 starters somehow becomes "cavs without LeBron".

Well, it's not like the Cavs were going against the Spurs or the Dubs. Chicago's not exactly an elite team, especially after trading away McDermott and Gibson.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they need him? I kinda don't get it. Thought they were happy with Livingston. Guess this means Weber time with the Warriors is over.

Weber didn't get his 10-day contract renewed. I heard that's the reason the Dubs aren't re-signing Bogut off of waivers. Because they feel they like guard depth. Calderon definitely helps.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make a single excuse. They played bad, especially in the 4th quarter. It was a bad game. The Cavs had enough talent to get the job done and they didn't. End of story.

Having said all that... you guys look silly trying to turn it into a "look at the Cavs future with LeBron". I just think that is disingenuous when they're missing not just LeBron but 3 of their top 4 players.
It's not an excuse. But, it is a reason they lost.

Kinda like my dog shit, Clippers.

However, when a guy has been chronically broken, out an extended amount of time, it's the new norm.

We can't say " If Cp3 played or Blake " we'd probably win....they are always hurt.

In fairness, folks are taking shots because we are inundated, daily, with " Kyrie the great " love sonnets.

The narrative was that Kyrie can't carry the Cavs as a #1.

So far, that looks correct.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make a single excuse. They played bad, especially in the 4th quarter. It was a bad game. The Cavs had enough talent to get the job done and they didn't. End of story.

Having said all that... you guys look silly trying to turn it into a "look at the Cavs future with LeBron". I just think that is disingenuous when they're missing not just LeBron but 3 of their top 4 players.

What looks silly is the Cavs record without Lebron and Cavs fans acting like it doesn't mean anything.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's why he wants to be a Laker? Only has to play Miami twice a year. :noidea:

Lord help us with the Ball family

:exploding:

LaVar Ball, father of UCLA star Lonzo Ball, has not been shy in front of a microphone and has an idea of where he'd like his son to play in the NBA.

In an interview on the Kevin and Mike Show on KCUB 1290-AM in Arizona, Ball said his son has one destination in mind.

"My son will only play for the [Los Angeles] Lakers," he said, via Michael Luke of KCUB.

Per ESPN's Jeff Goodman, Ball later clarified those comments to make sure other teams know the Lakers aren't the only club he will play for when he's drafted:

All I said was that my boy is going to play for the Lakers, and I'm going to speak it into existence. I want him to be a Laker, but I wasn't saying he's only going to play for the Lakers. I'm not trying to say he won't play for a different team. But I'd like him to play for the Lakers because it's home and I'd love him to learn from Magic (Johnson) He's the best guard ever to me, and nobody better for Lonzo to learn from than Magic Johnson.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, there is plenty of reason to question the future of the Cavs without LeBron. I just think its dumb to try to use a game without 60% of their starters as an example of that.

It's a good thing no one's doing that then. What's been pointed out is that this is another loss without Lebron. It's not like this is the first time they've played without him and everyone jumped on it. There is an obvious pattern.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, some here telling me the Heat are what they are because of their overall record is what it is, but the Cavs record without James is excuse filled.
Too funny.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What looks silly is the Cavs record without Lebron and Cavs fans acting like it doesn't mean anything.

I feel for Gordon because he doesn't get on here talking reckless about the Cavs.

But, that statement wasn't directed at him or reasonable fans of that team.

We all know who that was meant for.

I can't remember who said the Cavs with Kyrie as the #1 = the Blazers.

But, that's exactly what it looked like last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord help us with the Ball family

:exploding:

LaVar Ball, father of UCLA star Lonzo Ball, has not been shy in front of a microphone and has an idea of where he'd like his son to play in the NBA.
In an interview on the Kevin and Mike Show on KCUB 1290-AM in Arizona, Ball said his son has one destination in mind.

"My son will only play for the [Los Angeles] Lakers," he said, via Michael Luke of KCUB.

Per ESPN's Jeff Goodman, Ball later clarified those comments to make sure other teams know the Lakers aren't the only club he will play for when he's drafted:

All I said was that my boy is going to play for the Lakers, and I'm going to speak it into existence. I want him to be a Laker, but I wasn't saying he's only going to play for the Lakers. I'm not trying to say he won't play for a different team. But I'd like him to play for the Lakers because it's home and I'd love him to learn from Magic (Johnson) He's the best guard ever to me, and nobody better for Lonzo to learn from than Magic Johnson.

Yeah, they commented on that during the UCLA/Arizona game last night. The Lakers have to keep the lotto pick though.

Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if Magic is the one who goes to the lotto drawing and the Lakers get the #1 pick? Especially after Lavar's comment. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Gordon because he doesn't get on here talking reckless about the Cavs.

That was I who said.:D

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an excuse. But, it is a reason they lost.

Kinda like my dog shit, Clippers.

However, when a guy has been chronically broken, out an extended amount of time, it's the new norm.

We can't say " If Cp3 played or Blake " we'd probably win....they are always hurt.

In fairness, folks are taking shots because we are inundated, daily, with " Kyrie the great " love sonnets.

The narrative was that Kyrie can't carry the Cavs as a #1.

So far, that looks correct.

Cavs are 4-20 without 2 of their big 3 or just Lebron. One of those two, but I think it's more towards the former. I know the Cavs record w/out Lebron isn't all that great. And you're right, this is why these long-winded essays about how great Kyrie is is always pure gold. I think the guy's a really good player, probably top 15-10. But yeah, without James that team would be sunk. Which is sad because on paper, that roster actually looks pretty good, even when you take Lebron off the list.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I think gordon knows who the comments are directed at. Good for him to be reminded sometimes though.

Just sucks for him that he gets the fallout from it. gordon is as solid as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.