• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- i dont know- who knows-- its def. not even 100% (though seems likely) the Cavs get Williams.

but- i gotta think Williams and Bogut talked- they were teammates- both had to have an idea those guys would get bought out- the rumors about it have been out there for a long time....why couldnt those guys just say- hey- were both going to Cleveland to try and win a title.....

i dunno...itll be intresting to see

i just hope they get Williams because he is a guy that would immediately step into a playoff rotation- and the same cannot be said for guys like Tj McConnell or Shelvin MAck or Jameer NElson- guys they were supposedly engaged in trade talks for.

I would be really excited to see Williams playing some point in a lineup where Kyrie and LEBron are off the ball a little bit.

as far as PURE point guards go- Kyrie is obviously not a pure point guard....Deron Williams- even in his current state- would probably be the best pure point guard LeBron has ever played with, wouldnt he be?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just so great when you get the last laugh.

The Cavs had a trade exception worth about 5 million- they could have absorbed Jameer Nelson, TJ McConnell, Shelvin Mack-- (or signing Chalmers or Heinrich etc)....since those guys all made less than their exception

Deron Williams makes 9 million. The ONLY way they could have gotten Williams- a HELLUVA lot better than those other 3 guys- was to break up a member of their core- a Frye or a Shumpert etc.

so - by being PATIENT- David Griffin, one of the best GM's in the game, has an idea that Deron Williams will be bought out---- and it works like fucking magic. They are able to add a guy on a 9 million dollar contract- that is SUPERIOR to any of the guys they had rumored talks about...just because they were patient and didnt panic.

so by NOT USING THE TRADE EXCEPTION WORTH ONLY about 5M- they will be getting a BETTER player than they could have if they panicked.

Its why Griffin is one of the best in the game. Hopefully it gets done today- im not holding out any hope for BOTH Bogut and Williams- but that would be ideal.

poor Dan's payroll is just gonna continue to climb...lol....geezus.

Everyone here knew that.
Maybe tweet it to LeBron cause he was the only one being impatient and publicy crying.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i rooted for russell westbrook-- my favorite noncav in the entire game......you have no clue what you are even talking about....you are so butt-hurt at this point this is what you resort too....its just hilarious. Sorry man....

Pretty ironic for you, of all here, to attempt to tell someone they have no clue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are interesting. They started out 11-30 or whatever which seems to suggest that they are one of the worst teams in the league.

But they've also won what? 15 of their last 17? That seems to indicate that they are pretty good. So, are they a bad team that has just gotten hot over the past 17 games and built some momentum with their 13 game win streak over mostly sub .500 teams? Or are they actually a good team that just took awhile to hit their stride?

My best guess is that they are a team that isn't as bad as their 11-30 start and not as good as their 15-2 record over the past 17 games and will ultimately settle in as a pretty average team overall.

I agree. I never felt like they were as as their 11-30 record indicated.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• The Heat has been winning with two starting forwards that, as a tandem, likely wouldn’t start for many teams.

But credit Rodney McGruder and Luke Babbitt for doing some of their best work recently.

Babbitt entered Saturday’s game having made seven three-pointers in 10 attempts in Miami’s past two games, impressive road wins in Houston and Atlanta. Overall, he’s 9 for 12 on threes in his last five games.

And after uncharacteristic shooting struggles early in the season, Babbitt has raised his three-point average to 39.9 percent, barely below his 40.2 career average.

Babbitt said he never worried about his shooting early in the season because the sample size was too small to judge.

Though Babbitt starts, he averages just 15.6 minutes per game.

McGruder, who has impressed the Heat with his defense and hustle plays all season, has evolved significantly offensively in recent weeks.

After reaching double figures just eight times in his first 47 games, he has done it six of his last seven.

Over that stretch, he’s averaging 10.7 points and shooting 50.8 percent from the filed (31 for 61) and 42.9 percent on threes (12 for 28).

The shooting percentages represent dramatic jumps from earlier in the season, with McGruder now at 40.6 percent overall and 34.4 percent on threes.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the Heat's roster, it doesn't really make sense for them to have won 15 of their last 17 games. But they play hard and play as a team, which is what you want to see. Would it have been better for them in the long term to be 12-15 games under .500 instead of competing for the 8th seed? Maybe, but a lot of those players are playing for their NBA futures and aren't gonna intentionally lose games so the team is better off 3 years from now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the Heat's roster, it doesn't really make sense for them to have won 15 of their last 17 games. But they play hard and play as a team, which is what you want to see. Would it have been better for them in the long term to be 12-15 games under .500 instead of competing for the 8th seed? Maybe, but a lot of those players are playing for their NBA futures and aren't gonna intentionally lose games so the team is better off 3 years from now.

Exactly you hit the nail on the head. Also coaches always would like to win so they're not going to coach to lose

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players always try.
2 years ago, game 82, Heat needed to lose to guarantee a lotto spot.
Spoelstra attempted to play 5 guys all 48 minutes, but had to end up going 6 deep because of foul issue.
The 5 who played ( lead by Beasley who had a monster game), went at it as hard as they could and ended up winning the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nobody cares about Raptors, but why is nobody talking about how stupid Lowry is?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid D-League assignment for Kay Felder last night: 32 points on 13-for-25 shooting, six assists and four rebounds in 35 minutes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nobody cares about Raptors, but why is nobody talking about how stupid Lowry is?

Yeah I didn't get why he played in the AS game if he knew he injured his wrist in the last game before the break. I was so shocked when I saw him in a suit last night and to find out that he may miss an extended period of time?

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why Joerger likes to start the vets. I wish he would start Skal/WCS and give Papa G some minutes. See what we got here.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the raptors last night though. They will be tougher this time around compared to last year. But I still have my doubts about them though

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the raptors last night though. They will be tougher this time around compared to last year. But I still have my doubts about them though

I don't have any doubts with the Raptors. I know they're not beating Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.