• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has changed a lot this last year. He no longer the humble and quiet guy he used to be.

It's kinda funny too. It's like he's trying to be a badass, but doesn't really know how.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat dominate the Hawks. Won 15 of 17 but I was told it's all luck

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold, wet, still pissed off about Brexit.

Here's a question: what the hell is this 'Supporting Member Level 1/2/3" thing?

There's some way, I think it's in a thread on the Members Only board (but I haven't found it), that folks can get a paid membership that allows certain privileges (like animated avatars). I sent a PM to find out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some way, I think it's in a thread on the Members Only board (but I haven't found it), that folks can get a paid membership that allows certain privileges (like animated avatars). I sent a PM to find out.

I'm away for three weeks and everything changes :tsk:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just found it: Supporting Memberships!

Wow, some people have paid $75 a year for a Level 3?!?

I mean hey, good for them and good for SportsHoopla but seems a bit excessive for a free message board.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said 'they arent the only bad team thats beat a good team this year'.
The Heat are no longer a bad team.

Whiteside scored 2 and it wasnt even a competitve game.

Pacers tonight.
Lets see how it goes.

They aren't that good this year, you just refuse to admit it. Name another current team under .500 that's called a good team. The Kings are 25-33 & your Heat are 26-32. So if the Heat are a good team shouldn't the same be said about the Kings? After all both teams are currently sitting in 9th place in their conferences.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found it: Supporting Memberships!

Wow, some people have paid $75 a year for a Level 3?!?

I mean hey, good for them and good for SportsHoopla but seems a bit excessive for a free message board.

Depends on what the poster wants. Personally, I'm considering it, but I don't really care about or want any of the stuff that comes with it.

Hammer wrestled with this idea pretty much the whole time he owned tHoop. But, could never come up with a way to do it that he was comfortable with.

Shaggy seems to have come up with one that he is comfortable with which is good, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't that good this year, you just refuse to admit it. Name another current team under .500 that's called a good team. The Kings are 25-33 & your Heat are 26-32. So if the Heat aren't a bad team shouldn't the same be said about the Kings? After all both teams are currently sitting in 9th place in their conferences.

The Heat are interesting. They started out 11-30 or whatever which seems to suggest that they are one of the worst teams in the league.

But they've also won what? 15 of their last 17? That seems to indicate that they are pretty good. So, are they a bad team that has just gotten hot over the past 17 games and built some momentum with their 13 game win streak over mostly sub .500 teams? Or are they actually a good team that just took awhile to hit their stride?

My best guess is that they are a team that isn't as bad as their 11-30 start and not as good as their 15-2 record over the past 17 games and will ultimately settle in as a pretty average team overall.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are interesting. They started out 11-30 or whatever which seems to suggest that they are one of the worst teams in the league.

But they've also won what? 15 of their last 17? That seems to indicate that they are pretty good. So, are they a bad team that has just gotten hot over the past 17 games and built some momentum with their 13 game win streak over mostly sub .500 teams? Or are they actually a good team that just took awhile to hit their stride?

My best guess is that they are a team that isn't as bad as their 11-30 start and not as good as their 15-2 record over the past 17 games and will ultimately settle in as a pretty average team overall.

There's no question they've been playing some good basketball lately. As far as how to really describe them I agree w/ the end of your comment. They're better than their 11-30 start but I can't say they'll be making any noise in the playoffs this year if they get in. Maybe in the off season Riley can go after some players to improve the roster?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't that good this year, you just refuse to admit it. Name another current team under .500 that's called a good team. The Kings are 25-33 & your Heat are 26-32. So if the Heat are a good team shouldn't the same be said about the Kings? After all both teams are currently sitting in 9th place in their conferences.

Their overall , season record is what it is.
If your opinion is only based on that, fine, but to me thats very tunnel visioned.

During the losing they were injury devestated, but still competitive.
Plus, mostly all new players learning how to play together.
I think average margin of loss was less then 6.

The current Heat isnt that team.
Waiters/Dragic are causing nightly havoc for everyone.
Johnson/Johnson never let you relax.

I watch alot of NBA, every team.
The Heats execution during this run is off the charts.
Always the extra pass, looking for the higher % shot.
The court spacing is near perfect.
If I were a top 4 playoff team, the last team I would want to face is this group in round 1.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat definitely have a lot of talent and they have a champion coach and GM. I'm going to guess that they're finally clicking and will continue to play well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question they've been playing some good basketball lately. As far as how to really describe them I agree w/ the end of your comment. They're better than their 11-30 start but I can't say they'll be making any noise in the playoffs this year if they get in. Maybe in the off season Riley can go after some players to improve the roster?

Yeah, if they make the playoffs, it'll likely be as an 8 seed and that means a short stay in the playoffs vs. Cleveland. They might beat Cleveland once in Miami (I don't think the Cavs have won in Miami since Lebron went back to the Cavs), but that's about it (but how much fun would it be if the Heat pulled the upset? lol).

I think Riley will definitely be active in the off season. If nothing else, this turn around they've had should make them more attractive to FA's.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they make the playoffs, it'll likely be as an 8 seed and that means a short stay in the playoffs vs. Cleveland. They might beat Cleveland once in Miami (I don't think the Cavs have won in Miami since Lebron went back to the Cavs), but that's about it.

I think Riley will definitely be active in the off season. If nothing else, this turn around they've had should make them more attractive to FA's.

I can see the Heat passing the Bulls. The Pacers and Hawks haven't been impressive for a while either.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their overall , season record is what it is.
If your opinion is only based on that, fine, but to me thats very tunnel visioned.

During the losing they were injury devestated, but still competitive.
Plus, mostly all new players learning how to play together.
I think average margin of loss was less then 6.

The current Heat isnt that team.
Waiters/Dragic are causing nightly havoc for everyone.
Johnson/Johnson never let you relax.

I watch alot of NBA, every team.
The Heats execution during this run is off the charts.
Always the extra pass, looking for the higher % shot.
The court spacing is near perfect.
If I were a top 4 playoff team, the last team I would want to face is this group in round 1.

Hey my bad for looking @ Miami's entire season & not just the run they're on right now. Instead of looking @ what they have done through 58 games I should just focus on their last 17 or so games. Making what they did before their run meaningless.:D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they make the playoffs, it'll likely be as an 8 seed and that means a short stay in the playoffs vs. Cleveland. They might beat Cleveland once in Miami (I don't think the Cavs have won in Miami since Lebron went back to the Cavs), but that's about it (but how much fun would it be if the Heat pulled the upset? lol).

Just to see wiggy's head explode it would be funny as hell if the Cavs & Heat met in the 1st round & Miami pulled off the upset.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are the Hawks a good team?
This Heat murdered them twice lately.
Ask them how much fun it is to play THIS version of the Heat.

Now, im realistic.
Truth prob is somewhere more in the middle.

They play Cavs twice next week, but of their last 24, 14 are ar home and 12 are vs teams under .500.

If they play .600 ball, my guess is thats good enough to make playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.