• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be correct. Called him the 2nd worst starting guard in the league

Lol. All you had to do was look at the 76ers guards and the Kings guards and you could already put him above the 2 worst at minimum.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. All you had to do was look at the 76ers guards and the Kings guards and you could already put him above the 2 worst at minimum.

Exactly lol but you have to remember who we're dealing with

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we heard those same rumors before he signed his last extension. We heard the same stuff about Russell Westbrook. We heard the same stuff about Kevin Love.

what did they all do? they all took the money.

Every one of those players chose to stay with a team that had a better chance to win than the Lakers provided at the time. Hopefully, the Lakers will present a better chance to win after next season when guys like PG are due to be FA's again.

You keep confusing guys taking the money and a better chance to win with them just taking the money. It would have been interesting to see what happened if the Lakers actually presented an opportunity to win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one of those players chose to stay with a team that had a better chance to win than the Lakers provided at the time. Hopefully, the Lakers will present a better chance to win after next season when guys like PG are due to be FA's again.

You keep confusing guys taking the money and a better chance to win with them just taking the money. It would have been interesting to see what happened if the Lakers actually presented an opportunity to win.
think you are presenting a better chance to win anytime soon then Boston?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is the provision of the CBA regarding the one-year restriction on signing traded players:

If a Team trades a player and the assignee Team subsequently places the player on waivers, the assignor Team shall not be permitted to sign the player to a new Contract (or claim the player off of waivers) before the earlier of: (i) one (1) year following the date all conditions to the trade were satisfied; or (ii) the July 1 following the last Season of the player’s Player Contract.

Golden State traded Bogut to Dallas (assignee team.) Dallas did not "place the player on waivers," but instead traded him to a third team. The restrictions of this provision should no longer apply to Golden State. The third team (new assignee team) puts Bogut on waivers -- Dallas should be prevented from signing Bogut but this provision of the CBA should have no impact on Golden State.

Now, maybe that's not how it was intended, but that provision does not seem to apply, on its face, to Golden State in the Bogut situation.

The catch here is probably in that first portion about the conditions to the trade were satisfied. I believe there was probably a draft pick attached to the trade, which would make the conditions still outstanding until the NBA draft.

So I think it's still solidly says the Warriors cannot re-acquire him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only know the race of a few posters on this forum and don't want to offend anyone.

But, I'm so sick of the racial stuff.

Magic should have hired a Black GM because he's black?

GTFOH!!!

He should have hired the guy that un-clusters that fuck of a front office.

This is business and times are changing.

You need a guy that can relate and recruit.

This guys client list is top notch.

So, he can obviously sale himself.

I found that pretty funny too.

The Lakers hire a black man to be President of Basketball Operations, making him the most powerful person in the organization not named Jeanie Buss and get criticized for hiring a white guy as GM who, by the way, was recommended to them by a black guy and they get criticized for "snubbing" black GM's?

Is this real life?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I remember watching that game with a close friend who was a die hard Celtics fan. What was funny was that neither of us saw it as anything more than a "playoff foul" because it's just how the game was played.

We both agreed that it was a little extreme, but that was about it. Many think that foul turned the series in favor of the Celtics, but also inadvertently fueled the Lakers next 2 titles because it showed them how far the Celtics were willing to go to win. If memory serves, it was after that when Riley came up with "No rebounds, no rings" which was basically code for "We have to be willing to get physical as well."

Those were some classic battles between the Celtics & Lakers back in the 80's.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about the Lakers is making me sick. Pardon me for a moment...:puke:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do you think the Lakers spend this offseason- there 22M i ncap space- or do you think they keep it saved up in case a guy like George wants to come?

if they spend there 22M on long term deals this offseason- its pretty impossible to carve out 33M in cap room or whatever a max contract for a non-bird rights team would be.

if you were the Lakers would you spend your cap room this offseason or wait?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The catch here is probably in that first portion about the conditions to the trade were satisfied. I believe there was probably a draft pick attached to the trade, which would make the conditions still outstanding until the NBA draft.

So I think it's still solidly says the Warriors cannot re-acquire him.

Except that the condition precedent has never been met. In order for the part that you're talking about to be in effect, certain requirements need to be met. First, Team A needs to trade a player to Team B. Next, Team B needs to place that player on waivers. Because Team B didn't place the player on waivers, the rest of the sentence has no effect.

At least, that's how I read it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you are presenting a better chance to win anytime soon then Boston?

Depends on the development of the young guys and other potential moves, who they get in the draft,etc. You also have to keep in mind that PG has actually said he wants to be a Laker.

Does any of this mean they actually get him? Of course not. But it does mean that if they develop and can show they have their shit together, they will have a much better chance than the last few seasons.

And why are you trying to move the goalposts? Your point was that they stayed put and didn't go to the Lakers because of money. Now you want to bring in the Celtics.

Why don't you just do what you claim you do and just admit that you're wrong?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the development of the young guys and other potential moves, who they get in the draft,etc. You also have to keep in mind that PG has actually said he wants to be a Laker.

Does any of this mean they actually get him? Of course not. But it does mean that if they develop and can show they have their shit together, they will have a much better chance than the last few seasons.

And why are you trying to move the goalposts? Your point was that they stayed put and didn't go to the Lakers because of money. Now you want to bring in the Celtics.

Why don't you just do what you claim you do and just admit that you're wrong?
you just said he wanted to win. The hot rumor is right now that he might be traded to the Celtics.

If he is traded to the Celtics- you think there is any chance he leaves there considering they have a roster that is ready to compete?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think the Lakers spend this offseason- there 22M i ncap space- or do you think they keep it saved up in case a guy like George wants to come?

if they spend there 22M on long term deals this offseason- its pretty impossible to carve out 33M in cap room or whatever a max contract for a non-bird rights team would be.

if you were the Lakers would you spend your cap room this offseason or wait?

Hopefully, they will save it either by not being a participant in FA this off season, or by signing guys to 1 year deals. Unless something amazing falls in their laps, their absolute ceiling next season would be an 8th seed and I'm not confident that they'll even reach that. However, they can show enough improvement to attract a top FA or 2 after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.