• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get a little love on some Jimmy Butler 52-12-6? Gotta be his best game ever or close to it.
The guy has been a beast the last couple of Games. He is starting to do everything on the court kind of like what Westbrook and Harden are doing for their teams. The play that summed up last night was Butler misses a 7Ft shot he grabs the rebound with 4 Hornet players around him and he then gets a lay up and 1. It seemed like his teammates on the court was in awe and couldnt move. Good win with out wade.

Rondo experiment has failed but Grant and MCW are doing ok. Also McDermott is starting to play well. They are using him in the post more and he is doing a good job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get a little love on some Jimmy Butler 52-12-6? Gotta be his best game ever or close to it.
Butler 2nd player ever in Bulls Franchise with Multiple 50+ point games.

MJ had 30 games (this is very impressive).
Butler with 2 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be this new option in today's nba landscape of shooting and space where you take 1 really talented player and keep the ball in his hands as much as possible. Make everything run through him. It makes sense from an analytics perspective... maximizing the usage of your best player.

To some extent, that has been what the Cavs have been doing for the past few years... especially in the playoffs. Houston and OKC are doing it to an even more extreme degree this season.

It produces some ungodly stats and I think it can get a team a lot of wins in the regular season, but we'll have to see how these type of teams do in the playoffs. Like, I said, the Cavs kind of did it last year in the playoffs... but how many players can be as consistent as LeBron in the playoffs? This system does not allow for your best player to have bad games from time to time. Also, the Cavs got a handful of monster games and a handful of clutch moments from Kyrie. The Rockets and Thunder will need something similar, I think, from someone other than Harden & Westbrook, come playoff time.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason he doesn't want to come back. Guys don't typically want to leave winning teams.

Dwight comes in. One of their better players (who happens to be a PF) wants out. With Dwight's history, I don't see how that's a coincidence.

This

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if wiggy's New Years resolution is to not swing on LeBron's nuts so often?:noidea:

:nutswing:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if wiggy's New Years resolution is to not swing on LeBron's nuts so often?:noidea:

:nutswing:

I would think he'd pick a New Year's resolution he could actually keep for more than 5 minutes.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that Dwight is playing on is underachieving and possibly looking to start over.

No one could possibly have seen that coming. lol

That Bazemore contract is horrific even by today's standard.

I would love to have Milsap....maybe at the expense of Blake.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Bazemore contract is horrific even by today's standard.

I would love to have Milsap....maybe at the expense of Blake.

Yeah, at this point, Blake seems like he's more style than substance. Maybe having someone a little less talented, but tougher (for lack of a better term) would be just what the Clips need. I've said all along that when your point guard is the toughest player on your team, you can only go so far.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this point, Blake seems like he's more style than substance. Maybe having someone a little less talented, but tougher (for lack of a better term) would be just what the Clips need. I've said all along that when your point guard is the toughest player on your team, you can only go so far.

Agree.

Blake is my favorite player and super fun to watch.

But, for years, I wanted a Blake for Aldridge swap.

Milsap might not have all that razzle dazzle.

But, he's steady as they go.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there are very few Teams I hate more than USC.

Notre Shame, the Lakers, Penn State, Uconn Female Huskies, in that order.

So, I was :hammer:

Congrats!
OK you don't like marcus smart or the Irish? I thought you were cool.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be this new option in today's nba landscape of shooting and space where you take 1 really talented player and keep the ball in his hands as much as possible. Make everything run through him. It makes sense from an analytics perspective... maximizing the usage of your best player.

To some extent, that has been what the Cavs have been doing for the past few years... especially in the playoffs. Houston and OKC are doing it to an even more extreme degree this season.

It produces some ungodly stats and I think it can get a team a lot of wins in the regular season, but we'll have to see how these type of teams do in the playoffs. Like, I said, the Cavs kind of did it last year in the playoffs... but how many players can be as consistent as LeBron in the playoffs? This system does not allow for your best player to have bad games from time to time. Also, the Cavs got a handful of monster games and a handful of clutch moments from Kyrie. The Rockets and Thunder will need something similar, I think, from someone other than Harden & Westbrook, come playoff time.

To a certain extent, I think it is unfair to judge either the Rockets or Thunder on playoff success. If they make it out of the first round, they have overachieved. In other words, I think it is a win only scenario for those teams, IMO. If they go out early, they were supposed to based on the talent on their rosters. the contenders all have more than 1 star. Maximizing output from Harden and Westbrook is the only chance those teams have to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.