• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a trade you make if you want to suck for another 3-5 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just looking at the NBA from an overhead view here are the teams that i could see having interest in Dragic that would also have the right type of assets to pull of a deal:

Orlando
Philly
Sacramento

its hard because a lot of teams are set at point guard- and other veteran teams dont have a lot of assets to trade.

like the Twolves--- they already have Rubio/LaVine and Dunn.....the Nets have no assets, the Suns arent gonna trade back for him obviously, the Lakers have Russell and Ingram experimenting at PG, Nuggets have Mudiay and look like they are more interested in Milsap. Mavs dont have the assets,Celts dont make sense-- Knicks dont make sense and dont have the assets anyway...even Sacramento has given away a lot of their assets lately. Not sure exactly what the Heat would want from them.

what other teams do you think might make sense in a potential deal? I cant really identify any that jump off the page to be hoenst.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not over valuing Dragic but I don't think Payton is going to improve this team much and Hezonja is really nothing special either. He's been pretty bad in his year and a half in this league. I'm open to trading Dragic but that trade is awful. That does absolutely nothing for Miami. And a 2nd round pick? Yeah Miami would never do that. I'm certain Miami can get a mid to late 1st round pick for Dragic. Great trade if you're a Magic fan
I mean- wouldnt you rather have 2 former pretty high lotto picks that are still only 22 and 21 years old- or something like this: rudy gay and collison- if the Kings would have thrown in collison sounds like dragic would already be gone.

Rudy Gay would be a good fit for the Miami Heat since he can take over the stretch four position that Chris Bosh vacated. This swap has long been speculated over but recently, Chris Mannix of The Vertical has confirmed that actual talks took place.

"Dragic is open to a trade, league sources told The Vertical, and Miami has pursued that option. An early season swap with Sacramento for Rudy Gay fell apart when the Heat sought Darren Collison, sources said, and teams that have probed Miami about Dragic have found the Heat open to offers."

Read more: NBA Trade Rumors: Sacramento Kings choosing between Goran Dragic and Brandon Knight; Cousins not moving?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- wouldnt you rather have 2 former pretty high lotto picks that are still only 22 and 21 years old- or something like this: rudy gay and collison- if the Kings would have thrown in collison sounds like dragic would already be gone.

Rudy Gay would be a good fit for the Miami Heat since he can take over the stretch four position that Chris Bosh vacated. This swap has long been speculated over but recently, Chris Mannix of The Vertical has confirmed that actual talks took place.

"Dragic is open to a trade, league sources told The Vertical, and Miami has pursued that option. An early season swap with Sacramento for Rudy Gay fell apart when the Heat sought Darren Collison, sources said, and teams that have probed Miami about Dragic have found the Heat open to offers."

Read more: NBA Trade Rumors: Sacramento Kings choosing between Goran Dragic and Brandon Knight; Cousins not moving?

I could careless that they were lottery picks. You know how many lottery picks turn out to be bums? Trading for 2 lottery picks who have not really panned out just to say we have 2 lottery picks from the last 3 years is stupid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could careless that they were lottery picks. You know how many lottery picks turn out to be bums? Trading for 2 lottery picks who have not really panned out just to say we have 2 lottery picks from the last 3 years is stupid.
so youd rather have rudy gay and darren collison?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is not on an expiring contract. They don't have to trade him by the deadline. There's the offseason or a draft night trade

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i asked the question- and you trashed the first two guys

so which is it-

woudl you rather have rudy gay and darren collison?

or Payton, Hezonja and a high 2nd round pick?

I rather have none of the above. They're not obligated to trade him by the deadline. They can wait until the summer. This isn't a Paul Millsap situation

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have none of the above. They're not obligated to trade him by the deadline. They can wait until the summer. This isn't a Paul Millsap situation
well supposedly the Heat would have a done deal already if the Kings added in Collison to Gay....kind of interesting.

i think its really hard to trade a point guard for good value considering the league is pretty much stacked with them.....i dunno....it should be interesting to see what happens. If i were to bet i would think he has about a 60% chance to be dealt before the deadline.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not going to be on till well after the New Year. Just wanted to wish all a Happy New Year.

Appreciate all the spirited debates I've had on here over the past year. Looking forward to many more with non-Warrior and Warrior fans alike. I think I've actually had more arguments with @LAD than anyone else, LOL.

Anyways, everyone have a safe and happy New Year.

:suds:
I like to think we had healthy debates! Happy New Year to you as well!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well supposedly the Heat would have a done deal already if the Kings added in Collison to Gay....kind of interesting.

i think its really hard to trade a point guard for good value considering the league is pretty much stacked with them.....i dunno....it should be interesting to see what happens. If i were to bet i would think he has about a 60% chance to be dealt before the deadline.

I know the speculation is that Dragic will be moved, but I don't think it s a given unless its for an expiring contract.
I'm not sure who at his salary level would be a better replacement.

As far as the tanking, I honestly don't think we are faking injuries.
Over cautious? Maybe.
I do think that winning is not a priority for Spoelstra.
The other night, if they wanted to win, their best chance would have been to start hacking Drummond and they chose not to.
It is what it is. 40+ more games and we can get back to business locked and loaded.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off the subject, but, do you remember the convo we had a bout the Clippers and my expectations of them? I believe I said they would drop in seeding between 4-6...and I do believe they're currently sitting at the 6th spot right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off the subject, but, do you remember the convo we had a bout the Clippers and my expectations of them? I believe I said they would drop in seeding between 4-6...and I do believe they're currently sitting at the 6th spot right now.

Yeah but nobody saw Chris Paul getting hurt. If I knew that CP3 would miss several games during this time period then I would have agreed. Not going to win many games when both Blake and Paul are out.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but nobody saw Chris Paul getting hurt. If I knew that CP3 would miss several games during this time period then I would have agreed. Not going to win many games when both Blake and Paul are out.
I agree, they're not as good when they are both out- but Paul is hurt often & the reason for my prediction.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they're not as good when they are both out- but Paul is hurt often & the reason for my prediction.

Yep.
You can pretty much bank on both CP# and Blake being injured every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.