• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to start over. Clearly not working in Atlanta. Millsap makes it interesting if he goes to the Raptors if they don't have to give a shit ton for him.

A team that Dwight is playing on is underachieving and possibly looking to start over.

No one could possibly have seen that coming. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess record wise you can say they're underachieving but they're still in great shape to get HCA in round 1.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is a free agent and is not looking to re-sign with them. Makes sense rather than lose him for nothing in July.

There's a reason he doesn't want to come back. Guys don't typically want to leave winning teams.

Dwight comes in. One of their better players (who happens to be a PF) wants out. With Dwight's history, I don't see how that's a coincidence.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason he doesn't want to come back. Guys don't typically want to leave winning teams.

Dwight comes in. One of their better players (who happens to be a PF) wants out. With Dwight's history, I don't see how that's a coincidence.

I think blaming Dwight for this without any evidence is ridiculous. Guys also don't like to feel like they already reached their ceiling with a team. Atlanta has only gone backwards since winning 60+ games in 2015. Atlanta until further notice is a middle of the road Eastern conference team that is good enough to usually win a round in the playoffs.

Also from what I read is that they're also listening on offers for their other free agents. This isn't Dwight related. This is Atlanta not wanting to lose 3 pretty important players for nothing in the off season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Atlanta was in deep discussions with Denver for a Millsap trade last summer. Blaming Dwight for this is ridiculous

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think blaming Dwight for this without any evidence is ridiculous. Guys also don't like to feel like they already reached their ceiling with a team. Atlanta has only gone backwards since winning 60+ games in 2015. Atlanta until further notice is a middle of the road Eastern conference team that is good enough to usually win a round in the playoffs.

Also from what I read is that they're also listening on offers for their other free agents. This isn't Dwight related. This is Atlanta not wanting to lose 3 pretty important players for nothing in the off season.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Dwight has had issues everywhere he's been. Now, he's in his 1st year in Atlanta and 3 of their better players want to leave.

Nope, nothing at all suspicious about that.:rolleyes2:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Dwight has had issues everywhere he's been. Now, he's in his 1st year in Atlanta and 3 of their better players want to leave.

Nope, nothing at all suspicious about that.:rolleyes2:

You do realize this has nothing with Millsap wanting to leave? It's more about the Hawks knowing they can't afford to re-sign him. Atlanta been trying to trade him since last summer BEFORE Dwight was signed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize this has nothing with Millsap wanting to leave? It's more about the Hawks knowing they can't afford to re-sign him. Atlanta been trying to trade him since last summer BEFORE Dwight was signed.

If he wanted to stay, he'd work something out with them. Plus, 2 others want to leave as well. Sorry, you let a fox in the hen house and the hens start dying...

Pretty good chance the fox is the problem.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wanted to stay, he'd work something out with them. Plus, 2 others want to leave as well. Sorry, you let a fox in the hen house and the hens start dying...

Pretty good chance the fox is the problem.

lol now you're just making stuff up. There is not one thing that said the 2 others want to leave. The Hawks are listening to offers because they don't want to risk players leaving in free agency and get nothing in return. The Hawks aren't the first team and won't be the last team to shop potential free agents around as the trade deadline approaches. This has been going on for a very long time.

This convo is pointless. Makes no sense to waste time discussing anything Dwight Howard related with a Lakers fan

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are going to have 7 UFA and 1 RFA this summer. They obviously won't be able to re-sign all of them so why wouldn't you try to trade the few you can actually get something nice in return for? They're obviously not a title contender. That just makes too much sense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any Magic or Rockets fan have any issue discussing Dwight related topics.

Lakers fans don't have a problem discussing Dwight related topics either. Other fans have a problem with Lakers fans discussing Dwight related topics because we call out his bullshit.

Are you denying that Dwight has created issues everywhere he's played?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans don't have a problem discussing Dwight related topics either. Other fans have a problem with Lakers fans discussing Dwight related topics because we call out his bullshit.

Are you denying that Dwight has created issues everywhere he's played?

Nope not denying that at all but everywhere except for LA, he was pretty good during his first year. I haven't heard any issues that he has created in Atlanta so far. And until I hear those rumors then I'm not going to blame him if the team wants to trade a few players who are free agents in July.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope not denying that at all but everywhere except for LA, he was pretty good during his first year. I haven't heard any issues that he has created in Atlanta so far. And until I hear those rumors then I'm not going to blame him if the team wants to trade a few players who are free agents in July.

Didn't hear any in Houston either...yet there they were. No one hears about these issues when they first start. There is locker room etiquette after all. When things go public, there have been issues for awhile.

The reason is got out so quickly in LA was because the spotlight is much brighter and Dwight was acting out on the court.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho-kay, was gonna post my usual smart-ass remarks but heck with it. Happy New Year broskis 'n' babeskis...:D

Getting up early for the drive to San Diego. hoping we're gonna start the New Year off right and get this 2nd seed...

Go Chiefs...:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

like i was sayin' about that 2nd seed...

4 of my co-workers are Raiders fans btw. I MAY just have to call out tomorrow...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.