• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even bothering with that guy anymore but to answer your final question. The starting group has yet to play a minute together. At this point I'm convinced this team will never have 14 healthy bodies

It's not a coincidence either. This team's injury report looks almost as bad as an NFL team that's about to gear up for the playoffs. We're tanking and I want that top 5 pick.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But, PG-13 will likely be fined for his comments. I think that if you're going to fine guys for criticizing the refs, you shouldn't be pointing out their mistakes.

In the 2 minute report from the Cavs/Warriors game, the league said that Lebron should have been t'd up for hanging on the rim and that Jefferson should have been called for a foul on KD at the end of the game. If a player had pointed that out, he'd likely be fined.

Then it'll feed fans like purguy who will say that the refs cost GSW the game even though that's only 3 maybe 4 points of the 14 point lead GSW blew.

But with those 3 points that means they don't blow a 14 point lead, they give back most of it and hang on to win by 2.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. Going back to the game, I can't put too much emphasis on the officials as they were horrible for both teams. But yeah, having a 14-point lead and blowing it was their own fault as they should've stomped on the Cavs' throat. I also find it laughable that everyone's taking the stance that there's no way the Warriors can beat the Cavs as constructed because of this game. One of the noteable ones are Stephen A. Smith; that guy's a fucking tool.

Exactly, the lesson from the game is the Ws outplayed them the whole game until they gave it away with turnovers. They are good enough to build up a 14 point lead in Cleveland in the 4th quarter. They held the Cavs to 38% shooting. They need to learn not to gak away games. Will they do that 4 times out of 7? Maybe, sure. But to say a 1 point loss on the road means they can't beat them is so stupid. Or so Stephen A.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both should have their big mouths duct taped shut whenever on the air.

So then we can just look at their pretty faces? :think:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agree with Durant that the L2M report is just stupid. It does nothing. Does it make the Warriors feel better about losing? No. Does it make the Cavs feel worse about winning? No.

If it doesn't have any effect on that, why put it out there. As long as the refs are getting these, that's all that matters for their self improvement.

The one good thing about those reports is it shows the league at least does acknowledge that refs make mistakes, it shows they see it too. They don't just stonewall and say sorry we won't admit error.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bk mentioned, season series is done and I don't think Dallas is making the playoffs.

I'll side with Ariza on this one. Dude's low key as shit from public perception. He's obviously heated and I wouldn't doubt Mejri got fresh with him talking about his family.
Same here. I don't see why in the hell Ariza would lie about why he was upset and bring his own family into it for no reason. Mejri probably said some stuff he deserved to get smacked for.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bk mentioned, season series is done and I don't think Dallas is making the playoffs.

I'll side with Ariza on this one. Dude's low key as shit from public perception. He's obviously heated and I wouldn't doubt Mejri got fresh with him talking about his family.

They both play in Texas. Ariza can find him and kick his ass

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wiggy would be the only one in the Cavs organization if they had to pick one to go with Adams over Whiteside. I think everyone in basketball knows Whiteside is the better player than Adams. Not much of a debate there.
if you traded Irving and Thompson for Dragic and Whiteside the Heat would have AT LEAST 6 more wins.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you traded Irving and Thompson for Dragic and Whiteside the Heat would have AT LEAST 6 more wins.

If the Heat had a full roster, they would have 6 more wins. Kyrie struggles without Lebron. Good luck with this shit roster lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with those 3 points that means they don't blow a 14 point lead, they give back most of it and hang on to win by 2.

But you can't count 3 points as if they're the only mistakes the refs made all game. I recall 2 charges taken by Liggins in the 4th that should've been called leading directly to 5 points for the Warriors.

That's the main problem with the L2M report, imo... if they're going to do it they should release the whole 48 min.

BTW... I still say that step on the foot foul wouldn't get called 90% of the time - no matter when it happens in a game.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't count 3 points as if they're the only mistakes the refs made all game. I recall 2 charges taken by Liggins in the 4th that should've been called leading directly to 5 points for the Warriors.

That's the main problem with the L2M report, imo... if they're going to do it they should release the whole 48 min.

BTW... I still say that step on the foot foul wouldn't get called 90% of the time - no matter when it happens in a game.

honestly not so sure about the last sentence there but keeping it in perspective it's just a regular season game anyways. it'll certainly make rematch game more interesting though...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good games tonight. Lot of Eastern teams close in standings are facing tonight. Pacers/Wizards, Hornets/Magic, Knicks/Hawks, & Bucks/Pistons.

Then we also have the game of the night which will be on NBATV. Raptors at Warriors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this last night while watching a game but can you guys guess who is leading the league in 3 pt% without looking?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, the lesson from the game is the Ws outplayed them the whole game until they gave it away with turnovers. They are good enough to build up a 14 point lead in Cleveland in the 4th quarter. They held the Cavs to 38% shooting. They need to learn not to gak away games. Will they do that 4 times out of 7? Maybe, sure. But to say a 1 point loss on the road means they can't beat them is so stupid. Or so Stephen A.

Yup. The one thing that the Warriors do that pisses me off so much is that they usually try to do a fancy pass or some other shit that ends up blowing up in their face. Happened a couple times in that game as well. If they would just execute, probably would've been a different story.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this last night while watching a game but can you guys guess who is leading the league in 3 pt% without looking?

I'll guess Eric Gordon, only because I know he was off to a really good start as of a few weeks ago.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The one thing that the Warriors do that pisses me off so much is that they usually try to do a fancy pass or some other shit that ends up blowing up in their face. Happened a couple times in that game as well. If they would just execute, probably would've been a different story.

Yep my dad hates that about the Warriors. Especially when it comes to Steph. Too many fancy shit. You can do that when you're playing some shit team and up double digits. Against the Cavs? Hell nah. I could never forget late in the 4th of game 7 last year, Steph tried some behind the back pass to Klay....of course it went out of bounds

Status
Not open for further replies.