• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stephena:...:skip:

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Not sure which 1 of those clowns gives me a bigger headache.

I submit a third option.

th

I can't stand Will Cain.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even though he did not go to any of these 3 teams, he did meet with 1 of them.

Yeah, but what irks me the most is that these type of statements is that there's no real truth to it and regardless of outcome he still looks correct. His statement was first placated with "If he leaves.." If he stays, then he can say "well yeah, I said if he leaves and of course he didn't because of x,y and z". If he leaves he can state "I heard all along he was strongly considering leaving and he did". If he states other teams he can say "well there was strong interest initially, but at the end of the day x, y or z had much more to offer".

In any instance he has an out, all while making a controversial statement. But it helps him and his ratings, so it doesn't matter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I submit a third option.

th

I can't stand Will Cain.

First I've ever heard of him. Had too google who he is. And now that I know he's a contributor to a cable news network (not a fan of any cable news outlets) I can't stand him either now!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agree with Durant that the L2M report is just stupid. It does nothing. Does it make the Warriors feel better about losing? No. Does it make the Cavs feel worse about winning? No.

If it doesn't have any effect on that, why put it out there. As long as the refs are getting these, that's all that matters for their self improvement.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even though he did not go to any of these 3 teams, he did meet with 1 of them.

Too be fair, Stephen A. wasn't exactly breaking news here. I think a lot of people saw Durant leaving given that some mentioned the obvious disconnect with him and Russ. But Stephen A. came off as very petty and unprofessional; because Durant called you out, you have to go on your soap box and say Durant will never win a title? Him and Bayless did the same shit about how they felt so bad for Lebron after the game 1 loss to the Thunder in the 2012 Finals. They said that Durant/Westbrook/Harden were too fast for the Heat and that they felt so bad for Lebron because he'd never have another window like he did at that time to win a title and get the monkey off his back - the Heat would go on to win the next 4 games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I submit a third option.

th

I can't stand Will Cain.

Fucking can't stand that guy and his hot takes. The biggest kunt of them all. Probably has the same expression on his face when the plumber comes through and clears his wife's pipes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but what irks me the most is that these type of statements is that there's no real truth to it and regardless of outcome he still looks correct. His statement was first placated with "If he leaves.." If he stays, then he can say "well yeah, I said if he leaves and of course he didn't because of x,y and z". If he leaves he can state "I heard all along he was strongly considering leaving and he did". If he states other teams he can say "well there was strong interest initially, but at the end of the day x, y or z had much more to offer".

In any instance he has an out, all while making a controversial statement. But it helps him and his ratings, so it doesn't matter.
did you have a problem with Kerr benching Curry and putting in Livinsgston for the last play as a defensive replacement so he wouldnt be matched up with Kyrie- in a regular season game?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you have a problem with Kerr benching Curry and putting in Livinsgston for the last play as a defensive replacement so he wouldnt be matched up with Kyrie- in a regular season game?

Logically, the move makes sense. You put Livingston out there so that the defense can basically switch everything. Iguodala would be your smallest guy on the court at 6'6", followed by 3 6'7 guys in Klay, Liv and Green, with Durant at 6'11".

But to answer your question, no, I didn't personally like it.

My personal answer is a bit more complicated than just a no, but it's like a 60-40, no. I understand again why Kerr did it, but again as you pointed out, it's the regular season. Kyrie offensively is one of the top 5 players in the NBA. Curry is a mediocre defender putting it lightly. Logically what Kerr did makes sense, but I don't like him potentially using that scenario in the regular season. If anything you give Curry a shot here to make a big play. This is where you build confidence. If Kyrie makes the shot, well, he was expected to. As the coach, you accept the blame for that and not shoulder that to the players. On the flip side, Curry knows what happens and will be better because of that. He'll remember.

The 40 percent of me that likes is that it could equally serve as motivation for Curry. Kerr sent a message to the face of the franchise (ala Pop) that if you don't get things done, no matter who you are, he's going to go with what works. It sends a message to the team that everyone is accountable, every play.

I could potentially see future offensive/defensive possessions happening in the playoffs, but I don't want them now during the regular season. If you do them in the finals, not one of the players care including Steph. They're at the finish line and the ends justify the means. It's just not something I want to see during the regular season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thought on the defensive substitution, it's hard to turn that competitive switch off as a coach during that time. It's easy for me to arm-chair it over here, but at the time with the game in the balance I might have done the same thing Kerr did even though I didn't like it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thought on the defensive substitution, it's hard to turn that competitive switch off as a coach during that time. It's easy for me to arm-chair it over here, but at the time with the game in the balance I might have done the same thing Kerr did even though I didn't like it.

Personally, I like the move itself. But, as you said, not in the regular season. I'd prefer they save it for the finals. Little bit of an element of surprise. Now the Cavs know to look for it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I like the move itself. But, as you said, not in the regular season. I'd prefer they save it for the finals. Little bit of an element of surprise. Now the Cavs know to look for it.

One underrated aspect here is that Livingston is shooting (although in limited attempts) only 57.7% from the freethrow line this year. Taking Curry out of the game takes one of the best freethrow shooters out of the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One underrated aspect here is that Livingston is shooting (although in limited attempts) only 57.7% from the freethrow line this year. Taking Curry out of the game takes one of the best freethrow shooters out of the game.

As a defensive replacement, it really doesn't matter. They can call timeout and get Curry back in the game. It only becomes a problem if they don't call a timeout or are out of timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.