• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are going to mess around and end up as the 4th or 5th seed if they can't stay healthy. Which likely means they're bounced in round 2 by the Dubs....and that's if Memphis or OKC doesn't end their season in round 1.

They need to get healthy fast. Houston is no joke and will put serious pressure on them for that 3rd seed. The only path to the WCF I see for the Clippers is if they're the 2nd or 3rd seed and avoid facing the Warriors in round 2. I think if healthy they can beat the Spurs in a series.

Already 4th.

The West is upside down in the bottom 4.

Any Team, probably outside of Dallas and Phoenix, could end up as the 8th seed.

Ill wait to panic after the holidays.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already 4th.

The West is upside down in the bottom 4.

Any Team, probably outside of Dallas and Phoenix, could end up as the 8th seed.

Ill wait to panic after the holidays.

lol they just need that 3rd seed. They're fine without Blake as we saw on Thursday but when Paul and other players start missing time while Blake is also out is when they run into trouble.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol they just need that 3rd seed. They're fine without Blake as we saw on Thursday but when Paul and other players start missing time while Blake is also out is when they run into trouble.

I turned the shit off when I saw they were resting JJ.

Really, Doc?

Really?

Either way, we are gonna be on vacation in June.

Rest him for what?

His free agency meetings?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12 thoughts on the refs? Seems like your boys got away with a lot of fouling based on what I'm seeing from PG-13 and their Head Coach.

George: Refs give Pacers 'little brother' treatment

Imo, the NBA needs to either stop releasing lists of calls the refs got wrong or quit fining players for criticizing them.

It's ridiculous that they release these mistakes and then fine the players for commenting on missed calls. If the guy is right...why are you fining him?

Plus, it just feeds the whole "blame the refs" mentality that some folks have and encourages the conspiracy theorists. It's not like they are going to go back and change the outcome of the game.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the NBA needs to either stop releasing lists of calls the refs got wrong or quit fining players for criticizing them.

It's ridiculous that they release these mistakes and then fine the players for commenting on missed calls. If the guy is right...why are you fining him.

Plus, it just feeds the whole "blame the refs" mentality that some folks have and encourages the conspiracy theorists. It' not like they are going to go back and change the outcome of the game.

Well in this situation it didn't have anything to do with the last 2 minute report as that have not been released for the games last night. It just PG-13 bitching about the refs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in this situation it didn't have anything to do with the last 2 minute report as that have not been released for the games last night. It just PG-13 bitching about the refs.

True. But, PG-13 will likely be fined for his comments. I think that if you're going to fine guys for criticizing the refs, you shouldn't be pointing out their mistakes.

In the 2 minute report from the Cavs/Warriors game, the league said that Lebron should have been t'd up for hanging on the rim and that Jefferson should have been called for a foul on KD at the end of the game. If a player had pointed that out, he'd likely be fined.

Then it'll feed fans like purguy who will say that the refs cost GSW the game even though that's only 3 maybe 4 points of the 14 point lead GSW blew.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned the shit off when I saw they were resting JJ.

Really, Doc?

Really?

Either way, we are gonna be on vacation in June.

Rest him for what?

His free agency meetings?

Been trying to tell ya'll Doc Rivers was a corch in every sense. Sorry, Mecca you deserve better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But, PG-13 will likely be fined for his comments. I think that if you're going to fine guys for criticizing the refs, you shouldn't be pointing out their mistakes.

In the 2 minute report from the Cavs/Warriors game, the league said that Lebron should have been t'd up for hanging on the rim and that Jefferson should have been called for a foul on KD at the end of the game. If a player had pointed that out, he'd likely be fined.

Then it'll feed fans like purguy who will say that the refs cost GSW the game even though that's only 3 maybe 4 points of the 14 point lead GSW blew.

Agree with this. Going back to the game, I can't put too much emphasis on the officials as they were horrible for both teams. But yeah, having a 14-point lead and blowing it was their own fault as they should've stomped on the Cavs' throat. I also find it laughable that everyone's taking the stance that there's no way the Warriors can beat the Cavs as constructed because of this game. One of the noteable ones are Stephen A. Smith; that guy's a fucking tool.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope everyone had a great holiday, hooplan's.

Just wanted to post my thoughts on the Xmas day game between the Warriors and Cavs. I know it's late, but I wanted to do it anyways so people didn't think I was ducking anything. I just normally never post during the weekends and definitely not on a holiday weekend.

I thought it was overall really great basketball. The calls were very questionable throughout the game, but it definitely wasn't the deciding factor in the game. I thought both teams played their A games, which really showed and kept it a very close, competitive game.

Couple of thoughts from me:

1) Andre Iguodala was really bad. I mean really, really, bad. The Warriors are counting on him and Shaun Livingston to hold things down on the bench for them. 0-4, 4 assists and 2 turnovers in 24 minutes is just flat out terrible. If he plays like this again against the Cavs, the Warriors are in big trouble.

2) Loved that Durant was out there being aggressive and taking initiative to score the ball. He was the best player out there for the Warriors and I think that's how he'll take charge in the future.

3) Steph Curry's "disappearance" I think has more to do with the type of offensive the Warriors are running right now. I think there are times that the Warriors have to disengage their free-flow offense and go to a pick and roll offense with the ball in Curry's hands. Continually running him off the ball doesn't have him as engaged as he needs to be. It also takes away his play making, which is a huge part of his game. Having him only take 11 shots is more of an indication of involvement than it is stellar defense by Liggins, etc.

4) This is the biggest thing to me here was that the Cavs only went 8 deep and the Warriors played 12 guys (McCaw only got in there for a defensive possension in the first half). That shows to me two things: 1) Cavs have a set rotation and wanted to get more film on how they match up. 2) The Warriors are still working on their rotations and used a lot of different guys to see what might work on the Cavs. In the long run this game is more beneficial to the Warriors because they got to see the Cavs full rotation (minus JR, but you know what he does) and used different looks to see what would work in the future. The Warriors rotation is still a work in progress. I don't think you'll see a solid 9 until close till March.

5) If the Warriors play the Cavs again in the finals, I think Javale McGee needs to be the starting C and get those minutes. Zaza is useless against the Cavs. The Warriors will run a small lineup the majority of the game in that scenario, but for the 15-18 minutes the Warriors do use a center, it should be McGee because of the threat of shot blocking and rim running to open up the 3.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope everyone had a great holiday, hooplan's.

Just wanted to post my thoughts on the Xmas day game between the Warriors and Cavs. I know it's late, but I wanted to do it anyways so people didn't think I was ducking anything. I just normally never post during the weekends and definitely not on a holiday weekend.

I thought it was overall really great basketball. The calls were very questionable throughout the game, but it definitely wasn't the deciding factor in the game. I thought both teams played their A games, which really showed and kept it a very close, competitive game.

Couple of thoughts from me:

1) Andre Iguodala was really bad. I mean really, really, bad. The Warriors are counting on him and Shaun Livingston to hold things down on the bench for them. 0-4, 4 assists and 2 turnovers in 24 minutes is just flat out terrible. If he plays like this again against the Cavs, the Warriors are in big trouble.

2) Loved that Durant was out there being aggressive and taking initiative to score the ball. He was the best player out there for the Warriors and I think that's how he'll take charge in the future.

3) Steph Curry's "disappearance" I think has more to do with the type of offensive the Warriors are running right now. I think there are times that the Warriors have to disengage their free-flow offense and go to a pick and roll offense with the ball in Curry's hands. Continually running him off the ball doesn't have him as engaged as he needs to be. It also takes away his play making, which is a huge part of his game. Having him only take 11 shots is more of an indication of involvement than it is stellar defense by Liggins, etc.

4) This is the biggest thing to me here was that the Cavs only went 8 deep and the Warriors played 12 guys (McCaw only got in there for a defensive possension in the first half). That shows to me two things: 1) Cavs have a set rotation and wanted to get more film on how they match up. 2) The Warriors are still working on their rotations and used a lot of different guys to see what might work on the Cavs. In the long run this game is more beneficial to the Warriors because they got to see the Cavs full rotation (minus JR, but you know what he does) and used different looks to see what would work in the future. The Warriors rotation is still a work in progress. I don't think you'll see a solid 9 until close till March.

5) If the Warriors play the Cavs again in the finals, I think Javale McGee needs to be the starting C and get those minutes. Zaza is useless against the Cavs. The Warriors will run a small lineup the majority of the game in that scenario, but for the 15-18 minutes the Warriors do use a center, it should be McGee because of the threat of shot blocking and rim running to open up the 3.

Great stuff. I thought Durant was the best player on the court from start to finish. His defense was huge, too, especially with Draymond in foul trouble.

Another reason the Cavs didn't go as deep, I think, is just that their roster literally isn't as deep. The Warriors have 15 players on roster available to play... The Cavs have 12 (JR is out, Anderson is out, and Mo Williams is taking up a roster spot).

I think both teams definitely ran a regular season rotation and not the one you'd see in a playoff series. For example, when the Warriors went on the run at the beginning of the 4th, and Ty Lue kept LeBron on the bench all the way until 6 minutes or so. That never would've happened in a playoff game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. Going back to the game, I can't put too much emphasis on the officials as they were horrible for both teams. But yeah, having a 14-point lead and blowing it was their own fault as they should've stomped on the Cavs' throat. I also find it laughable that everyone's taking the stance that there's no way the Warriors can beat the Cavs as constructed because of this game. One of the noteable ones are Stephen A. Smith; that guy's a fucking tool.

Yeah, pretty ridiculous that people like Stephen A are saying that. I heard the Cavs led for something like 48 seconds out of the entire game.

It's probably a pretty safe bet that the Warriors aren't going to blow too many double digit 4th quarter leads.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty ridiculous that people like Stephen A are saying that. I heard the Cavs led for something like 48 seconds out of the entire game.

It's probably a pretty safe bet that the Warriors aren't going to blow too many double digit 4th quarter leads.

I think Stephen A is still mad at Durant. He had the nerve to blame Durant on First Take yesterday. But after that situation last year, I can see why he would feel that way

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stephen A is still mad at Durant. He had the nerve to blame Durant on First Take yesterday. But after that situation last year, I can see why he would feel that way

Well since Skip is gone and Max seems reasonable, Stephen A has gone full Bayless.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Skip is gone and Max seems reasonable, Stephen A has gone full Bayless.

I can't blame him though. Durant basically called him a liar when he said Durant would leave OKC. Guess who looks like the liar now? Guess who's not playing in OKC this year? LMFAO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was wrong about the destination but he said the following:

"Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I'm hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn't stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was wrong about the destination but he said the following:

"Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I'm hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn't stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C."

And even though he did not go to any of these 3 teams, he did meet with 1 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.