• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....here we go.

George Karl: NBA has a PED issue
The rhetoric and policies suggest due diligence. A lack of suspensions says either the league is relatively clean – or that a problem is being swept under the rug. Former Kings/Nuggets/Bucks/Sonics/Warriors/Cavaliers coach George Karl says it’s the latter. Karl in “Furious George: My Forty Years Surviving NBA Divas, Clueless GMs, and Poor Shot Selection:” We’ve got a more thorough drug-testing program than the NFL or MLB, which we always brag about. But we’ve still got a drug issue, though a different one than thirty years ago. And this one bothers me more than the dumbasses who got in trouble with recreational drugs. I’m talking about performance-enhancing drugs—like steroids, human growth hormone, and so on. It’s obvious some of our players are doping. How are some guys getting older—yet thinner and fitter? How are they recovering from injuries so fast? Why the hell are they going to Germany in the off-season? I doubt it’s for the sauerkraut.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls need to wake up fast. Their games in the next 2.5 weeks is not easy at all. Their season could go bye bye if they continue playing this way. Here is their schedule for the next 2+ weeks

VS Indy
VS Brooklyn
AT Indy
VS Milwaukee
VS Charlotte
AT Cleveland
VS Toronto
VS OKC
AT Washington
AT New York Knicks

Only easy game is Brooklyn. Good thing for them is most of those games are at home. That's 10 games. They need to go 7-3. 5-5 won't cut it
They need to win 8 out of 10

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Lebron is sitting out another game on the road. Bron come da fuc on dude!! He can't play back to backs anymore? I guess home court doesn't matter to the cavs.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....here we go.

The rhetoric and policies suggest due diligence. A lack of suspensions says either the league is relatively clean – or that a problem is being swept under the rug. Former Kings/Nuggets/Bucks/Sonics/Warriors/Cavaliers coach George Karl says it’s the latter. Karl in “Furious George: My Forty Years Surviving NBA Divas, Clueless GMs, and Poor Shot Selection:” We’ve got a more thorough drug-testing program than the NFL or MLB, which we always brag about. But we’ve still got a drug issue, though a different one than thirty years ago. And this one bothers me more than the dumbasses who got in trouble with recreational drugs. I’m talking about performance-enhancing drugs—like steroids, human growth hormone, and so on. It’s obvious some of our players are doping. How are some guys getting older—yet thinner and fitter? How are they recovering from injuries so fast? Why the hell are they going to Germany in the off-season? I doubt it’s for the sauerkraut.
Saw that. What an asshole. Sell your book you pos.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq story on Riley that is rather ridiculous, lol.

"It was different," O'Neal said about the 2006 Heat team. "We had a bunch of misfits on the team, I can say that. We had a bunch of guys that were respectively 'the man' on their team once in their career. I think D-Wade [Dwyane Wade], Pat and myself, we had to keep everyone together. The best thing Pat did was have practice at 12 o'clock. Those guys used to go out every night on the beach. We just stuck together. I was actually very scared when we went down 0-2 to Dallas [Mavericks], but Pat gives those Hoosier-type motivational speeches."

"He almost killed himself talking to us one time. He came in and came with a piece of paper and said something like, 'the world's record holder for holding your breath is four minutes'. He did it for like eight minutes and I asked him if he was alright and he came up and almost died that day. It was a fun year. I finally watched the championship DVD and it brought back a lot of memories."

Riley, now the Heat president, confirmed the story.

"I stuck my head in a bucket of ice as long as I could," Riley said. "I could hear everybody yelling. Finally, I took my head out of the ice bucket and I said, 'if winning means anything to you, it will mean as much as you taking your last breath.' I stood up and I fainted. I didn't faint, but Zo caught me. I didn't realize my brain was frozen. There were things like that I would do occasionally. It's okay to get their attention."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs look cooked...i dont see this one ending well tonight. Kay Felder is not ready to play minutes in real games that are undecided yet and Liggins can play some D- but is atrocious offensively....

Kyrie looks tired...

give some credit to the Pistons though too- they are playing hard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Lebron is sitting out another game on the road. Bron come da fuc on dude!! He can't play back to backs anymore? I guess home court doesn't matter to the cavs.

He's too good for B2B sets

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs look cooked...i dont see this one ending well tonight. Kay Felder is not ready to play minutes in real games that are undecided yet and Liggins can play some D- but is atrocious offensively....

Kyrie looks tired...

give some credit to the Pistons though too- they are playing hard.

I didn't see any of the game, so no specific comments, but once again, no James = Love/Kyrie can't even keep most games competitive without him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a game in Brooklyn just now. Randy Foye with the buzzer beating 3 as Brooklyn defeats Charlotte 120-118

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clipps are jinxed.....BG getting hurt and CP out. We would have gotten beat if both of them had played but it was nice to get a much needed win.

Pfft. No way those scrubs make up the 9 point difference. :dhd:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....here we go.

George Karl's becoming more of a piece of shit as the years go by. Not shocked.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these cavs are forfeiting these games like they have nothing to worry about. as of right now, they don't. But, they better not take for granted that they can beat the Warriors in another game 7 at the Oracle. Or the Spurs for that matter.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaan, you guys aren't going to believe this shit.

So, I went to the Lakers/Clippers game last night. The reason I wanted to go, was because I had heard the Lakers were going to be giving away Ugly Christmas Sweater t-shirts. I really wanted one. I'd never pay money to attend a game the Clippers were playing in (I rarely even watch them on tv) otherwise.

I get to the game. Go to my seat all excited to get my t-shirt, only to find that some fucker had stolen it and all I got was some stupid light up bracelet. :tsk:

At least the Lakers won.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq story on Riley that is rather ridiculous, lol.

"It was different," O'Neal said about the 2006 Heat team. "We had a bunch of misfits on the team, I can say that. We had a bunch of guys that were respectively 'the man' on their team once in their career. I think D-Wade [Dwyane Wade], Pat and myself, we had to keep everyone together. The best thing Pat did was have practice at 12 o'clock. Those guys used to go out every night on the beach. We just stuck together. I was actually very scared when we went down 0-2 to Dallas [Mavericks], but Pat gives those Hoosier-type motivational speeches."

"He almost killed himself talking to us one time. He came in and came with a piece of paper and said something like, 'the world's record holder for holding your breath is four minutes'. He did it for like eight minutes and I asked him if he was alright and he came up and almost died that day. It was a fun year. I finally watched the championship DVD and it brought back a lot of memories."

Riley, now the Heat president, confirmed the story.

"I stuck my head in a bucket of ice as long as I could," Riley said. "I could hear everybody yelling. Finally, I took my head out of the ice bucket and I said, 'if winning means anything to you, it will mean as much as you taking your last breath.' I stood up and I fainted. I didn't faint, but Zo caught me. I didn't realize my brain was frozen. There were things like that I would do occasionally. It's okay to get their attention."

Hey.....they won the title. In the end, that's all that matters.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, I went to the Lakers/Clippers game last night. The reason I wanted to go, was because I had heard the Lakers were going to be giving way Ugly Christmas Sweater t-shirts. I really wanted one. I'd never pay money to attend a game the Clippers were playing in (I rarely even watch them on tv) otherwise.

I get to the game. Go to my seat all excited to get my t-shirt, only to find that some fucker had stolen it and all I got was some stupid light up bracelet. :tsk:

At least the Lakers won.

Must be the same tool who stole @lebron23james sweater earlier. What a guy he is. Traveled all the way from Cleveland to LA just for some stupid sweater

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any of the game, so no specific comments, but once again, no James = Love/Kyrie can't even keep most games competitive without him.

Well, so long as Bron Bron stays healthy looks like Cleveland will be alright. I hate saying this, but Lebron keeps solidifying how good he is when he sits out games. Granted I too hadn't seen the game as well. Luckily for Cleveland ol' Bron's going to be around for another 4-5 years possibly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, I went to the Lakers/Clippers game last night. The reason I wanted to go, was because I had heard the Lakers were going to be giving away Ugly Christmas Sweater t-shirts. I really wanted one. I'd never pay money to attend a game the Clippers were playing in (I rarely even watch them on tv) otherwise.

At least the Lakers won.

I see what you did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.