• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stunned to see this--- the Lakers were offering 20 million more than anyone else to Luol Deng apparently

The Lakers badly overpaid for Deng; Washington had traction with Deng on a three-year deal worth $20 million less overall than L.A. ended up paying, and was stunned to learn of L.A.'s offer, according to several league sources

And your point?

Everyone knows that the Lakers overpaid for Deng. So what? They brought him in to fill a specific role and he's been filling that role. Same as Mozgov.

By the time the Lakers are truly ready to be players in FA, the Deng and Mozgov deals will be done or close to it.

Obviously, it would be better to have them on smaller/shorter deals, but sometimes a rebuilding team has to take what they can get to accomplish a larger goal.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick move challenging me to a Xmas bet knowing Blake and likely Paul will be out @DJ .

But, I'm in...lol

It'll just be closer and evens the odds a bet. Even without those 2 it'll still be a competitive game. We're not playing so good lately.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they don't even pretend makes me giggle.

Trigger Mike has set Harden free....and it's working.

Don't see that being the case in the playoffs.

agree. that won't cut it come playoff time, no if's, and's, or maybe's...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your point?

Everyone knows that the Lakers overpaid for Deng. So what? They brought him in to fill a specific role and he's been filling that role. Same as Mozgov.

By the time the Lakers are truly ready to be players in FA, the Deng and Mozgov deals will be done or close to it.

Obviously, it would be better to have them on smaller/shorter deals, but sometimes a rebuilding team has to take what they can get to accomplish a larger goal.

If it's who I think.....he knows He's just being hard headed and a dick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your point?

the problem i see is that by the time the Lakers deals with Mozgov and Deng are up- Randle and Russell will already have signed potentially large extensions (if they are deemed worthy of them).

just laying it out--- if Mozgov and Deng had 2 year deals- you could then jump back into the free agent market while RAndle and Russell are still on their rookie deals.

Now- You will have to jump in after Randle and Russell get significant raises eating up cap room.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Battle for LA Xmas matchup is gonna look very different with no Blake and maybe no CP3.

* loads up on spiked egg nog *

So, you're saying the Lakers have a chance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they don't even pretend makes me giggle.

Trigger Mike has set Harden free....and it's working.

Don't see that being the case in the playoffs.

They will likely be the D'Antoni Suns v2.0. Great regular season team, fun to watch, but not enough defense to come out of the West.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your point?

Seems pretty obvious to me.

One a different note...

Mozgof was giving Whiteside hell in the first half.

@WiggyRuss didn't mention that because it isn't referenced in the box score...

* waits for it *

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls would be perfect.

He is the complete antithesis to Rondo.

And they could really use the shooting.

Ditto for the Bucks.

Maybe the Lakers could trade Williams to the Bulls and fulfill my dream of making Taj a Laker? :yes:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's who I think.....he knows He's just being hard headed and a dick.
again- your lack of foreisght and understanding of the rules is on full display.

You are eligible for restricted free agency after your 4th year.

At least with Ingram they will be able to time it so they can sign free agents BEFORE they resign him to a Bird Rights deal since he - like Mozgov and Deng- will be free agents (Ingram restricted of course) after 4 years.

With Russell and Randle (and even Nance Jr. depending on how much you value him)- both will be eligible for restricted free agency before Mozgov and Deng are up. 2 years before those Mozgov and Deng deals are up- Randle will be eligible for restricted free agency, and 1 year before those deals are up- Russell will be avaliable for restricted free agency.

its why i was legitiamtely shocked the Lakers went to 4 years with those guys.

Now- by the time Mozgov and Deng are up- if Russell and Randle work out like you hope they work out- they will already have eaten up a large portion of the cap relief that you will see from Mozgov and Deng leaving by signing possibly very large extensions (depending on their play and health of course).

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty obvious to me.

One a different note...

Mozgof was giving Whiteside hell in the first half.

@WiggyRuss didn't mention that because it isn't referenced in the box score...

* waits for it *

There's a reason I love you. You may not like the Lakers but you're very fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.