• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs added Gasol. Aldridge and Gasol will be tough for LA to counter.

They've already beat them twice.

Once with no Blake and Paul left in the 3rd.

Playoffs are a different animal.

But, again...They've beat the Spurs there too.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

The Spurs are the only ones with a shot because they can bully the Warriors in the post.

Problem with that is, the Clippers and Rockets are a threat to the Spurs making the WCF.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying the Rockets yet.

They basically play like the Warriors.

But, their shooters are streaky and the Warriors snipers are deadly.
You're right. I'm on Harden's nuts this morning and it had me thinking crazy thoughts lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stunned to see this--- the Lakers were offering 20 million more than anyone else to Luol Deng apparently

The Lakers badly overpaid for Deng; Washington had traction with Deng on a three-year deal worth $20 million less overall than L.A. ended up paying, and was stunned to learn of L.A.'s offer, according to several league sources

Yo Wiggy is Pat Riley still a shitty NBA executive? Just wondering.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Wiggy does is no different than the people that have an issue w/ LeBron. Both are boring & repetitive.

now what makes you think anyone here has an "issue" with LeClown...?

:noidea:

sorry, but i for one haven't the foggiest notion of what you're talking about...:angel:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

The Spurs are the only ones with a shot because they can bully the Warriors in the post.

Problem with that is, the Clippers and Rockets are a threat to the Spurs making the WCF.

I think they are a longshot also to be honest but if Harden goes off for 35-38ppg, 10rpg, and 10apg that would make the series very interesting. Harden has upped his game in DA's offense as the PG. And Gordon and Anderson are helping Harden out. Defense? Ariza can still bring it. And Capela can play some D in the low post.

I expected them to be 8-9th in the WC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young has played very well and so glad he's made a mini comeback.

I like it, but I'm not sure I trust it. He is in the next to last year of his contract. He had a very good year when he was in the last season of his previous contract which led to his current deal.

The first 2 years have been a shit show. To be fair, some of that may be the fact that he got himself into Byron's doghouse and was never able to get out. However, if it's the result of a guy playing for his next deal, then it could be a problem once he signs it.

The ideal situation for the Lakers would be for him to continue playing well and the Lakers are able to trade him this year or next for some solid assets. It seems likely that, at some point, either Young or Williams will be moved to a playoff contender looking for some scoring. Of the 2, I think I'd rather move Young, even though I really do like him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are a longshot also to be honest but if Harden goes off for 35-38ppg, 10rpg, and 10apg that would make the series very interesting. Harden has upped his game in DA's offense as the PG. And Gordon and Anderson are helping Harden out. Defense? Ariza can still bring it. And Capela can play some D in the low post.

I expected them to be 8-9th in the WC.

Capella is hurt.

Depending on Nene is problematic.

Otherwise,I agree.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, as others have mentioned, it IS a contract year for the guy...

IS nice to see him actually care enough to step his game up a bit, though...

I know it's a contract year but he played well for us a few seasons ago. Last season was just weird.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MERRY CHRISTMAS LeBron...

hqdefault.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I'm on Harden's nuts this morning and it had me thinking crazy thoughts lol

Dude has been amazing.

He is #3 on my most despised player list, behind Draymond and Smart.

But, even I have to admit, all 3 of those guys are balling and Harden has been every bit as impressive as Westbrook.

Actually, even more so because of the wins and lack of turnovers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, but I'm not sure I trust it. He is in the next to last year of his contract. He had a very good year when he was in the last season of his previous contract which led to his current deal.

The first 2 years have been a shit show. To be fair, some of that may be the fact that he got himself into Byron's doghouse and was never able to get out. However, if it's the result of a guy playing for his next deal, then it could be a problem once he signs it.

The ideal situation for the Lakers would be for him to continue playing well and the Lakers are able to trade him this year or next for some solid assets. It seems likely that, at some point, either Young or Williams will be moved to a playoff contender looking for some scoring. Of the 2, I think I'd rather move Young, even though I really do like him.

I fucking love Williams....he's on a great deal with the salaries players got last offseason and the ones that will get paid this coming offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Plus, at some point, a team has to play some defense and the Rockets just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.