• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he leave?

They'd still have 4 top 25 players.

Where else is he gonna get that and still get paid?
Exactly. Who goes to a team with the goal of only winning one & then going somewhere else- when there's only really two options in regards to "win now". And one of those options being the team he'd be leaving. That would be the most asinine thing ever.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would have to renounce them both to make it work. Maybe one- Shaun probably. I just think West was smart enough to consider all options on keeping this group together for the next several years when he made the deal to bring KD here & also when they extend Curry.

Yes, they do or several someone's have to take big pay cuts.

They don't have Bird rights on Durant and have to use cap space to sign him. Those 2 guys have huge cap holds that would need to be renounced.

Adding to the fact is the rookie/minimum deals have to be adjusted up to fit the new cap and they have even less money.

After the adjustments and signing Durant, The Warriors would have about 9 mil to sign both.

Maybe they can try to sign them for 4 mil each to remove the cap hold. But, this is probably their last big deals. So, would they take it to win?

This is a pretty good article and it spells it out pretty clearly.

How the Warriors can re-sign Kevin Durant and retain Steph Curry

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Who goes to a team with the goal of only winning one & then going somewhere else- when there's only really two options in regards to "win now". And one of those options being the team he'd be leaving. That would be the most asinine thing ever.

:hope:

Wishful thinking by fans of Teams not named Warriors.

Just like my Iggy and Shaun are in the wind posts on the previous page.

At least mine is slightly based on skewed facts...lol

#HateHard

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-biggest-shot-in-nba-history

“I remember not breathing for a second,” said Cavs general manager David Griffin. “I thought: God, this is the most important possession of our lives.”/1482235610

More than four million shots have been made in the entire history of the NBA. Which one of them was the biggest has always been a matter of debate. Now it’s also a matter of mathematics.

Anyone who goes searching for that one shot would be wise to start with the last game of the last season: Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals. The Golden State Warriors were one minute away from the greatest basketball season ever. The Cleveland Cavaliers were one minute away from the greatest basketball comeback ever. There was so much at stake that any made shot in that minute would have been extraordinarily consequential.

As it turned out, there was only one. And it was the clutchest NBA shot ever.

“I remember not breathing for a second,” said Cavs general manager David Griffin. “I thought: God, this is the most important possession of our lives.”

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they do or several someone's have to take big pay cuts.

They don't have Bird rights on Durant and have to use cap space to sign him. Those 2 guys have huge cap holds that would need to be renounced.

Adding to the fact is the rookie/minimum deals have to be adjusted up to fit the new cap and they have even less money.

After the adjustments and signing Durant, The Warriors would have about 9 mil to sign both.

Maybe they can try to sign them for 4 mil each to remove the cap hold. But, this is probably their last big deals. So, would they take it to win?

This is a pretty good article and it spells it out pretty clearly.

How the Warriors can re-sign Kevin Durant and retain Steph Curry
What year are we talking about? KD already signed a two year deal- so if he wanted to stay & help the team keep this group together he would opt in instead of opting out. I think he & Curry both would consider taking discounts- having said much I don't know how much but I don't think that would be out of the question.

At the end of the day I don't know the intricate details of each contract, nor do I know all of the loop holes they could use to construct the team they want- but I do have confidence that West knows & has thought all of this through for the long term. I am interested to see how it all plays out.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good one against the Grizz tonight. At this point I just hope we keep it close.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year are we talking about? KD already signed a two year deal- so if he wanted to stay & help the team keep this group together he would opt in instead of opting out. I think he & Curry both would consider taking discounts- having said much I don't know how much but I don't think that would be out of the question.

At the end of the day I don't know the intricate details of each contract, nor do I know all of the loop holes they could use to construct the team they want- but I do have confidence that West knows & has thought all of this through for the long term. I am interested to see how it all plays out.

True dat.

Jerry inspires confidence.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan over Russell.....twice.

There's been so many big shots in the NBA Finals. Acting like Kyrie shot is hands down the biggest is funny to me. Hey if Kyrie misses that the game is still tied.

Let's not forget about this. Season on the line and bam

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Lakers/Hornets game been the best game so far. Really fun

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Hassan but as a Heat fan who watched most of their games this season, it is very clear that the work in the offseason as well as his daily work with Juwan Howard turned him into a really good post player. He got some nice moves down there. Last year he was more of a pick and roll, putbacks, and make the occasional jumpshot. Now he still does all of that but Miami can throw him the ball in the post and tell him go to work. Very good to see. Always great as a fan seeing players from your team improving every year

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a way for me to look up who highest bench scorers in the league? As an individual.....not as a team

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been so many big shots in the NBA Finals. Acting like Kyrie shot is hands down the biggest is funny to me. Hey if Kyrie misses that the game is still tied.

Let's not forget about this. Season on the line and bam

Let's not forget " The Deconstruction of Shaq-fu "

Status
Not open for further replies.