• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah- wait till the deadline for sure

thats why my original post said

"if the Lakers do not at least seriously explore trading Lou Williams at the deadline- they are incompetent."

who cares if its not another young player they use the 1st round pick on either - at the very least its another asset that can be used in a trade. Williams will never have higher value then he does now getting substantial touches w ith 1 year remaining on his contract so hes more than just a rental.

that is- unless you think that the Lakers have a long term plan for Lou Williams and plan on extending him right before his 32nd birthday and committing to him long term.

or

Unless- like i said- you are really concerned about winning 33 games instead of 29 games this year--- if that worries you- then yah- keep him.

And I agree- the bulls would be a really nice fit considerign where they are...they are trying to compete- arent gonna have a great pick anyway....getting the 18-22nd pick for Lou Williams would be a heist. Maybe the bucks

the Sixers?- they are in the same spot as the Lakers- why give up an asset for a guy that isnt in your long term plans when you arent gonna win anyway?--- i am sure they are gonna invest heavily in guards this upcoming offseason between the tons and tons of cap space they have since they were patient in free agency and didnt pay for mediocre players last year--- and the tons of picks they have- including their own and the Lakers lotto picks.

I think the Lakers need to show some growth to attract a higher Caliber free agent.

They can't keep winning 17-25 games and expect guys to take them seriously.

Clarkson has been steady. Randle has been a stud.

But, Swaggy and Lou have been their best players.

Of the two, Young would be the one I'd rid myself of first.

Neither or in their long-term plans.

But, no need to deal Lou just to do it.

As for Philly, you are totally correct. But, he'd be better than 30 year old Rodriguez.

Plus, they been there, done that with Lou. So, it won't happen.

Lou would be awesome in Chicago since he is the complete antithesis of Rondo.

What would the Lakers get?

Mirotic? Pass

McBuckets?

Valentine?

I'd take the pick or Valentine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers need to show some growth to attract a higher Caliber free agent.

Clarkson has been steady. Randle has been a stud.

But, Swaggy and Lou have been their best players.

Of the two, Young would be the one I'd rid myself of first.

Neither or in their long-term plans.

But, no need to deal Lou just to do it.

As for Philly, you are totally correct. But, he'd be better than 30 year old Rodriguez.

Plus, they been there, done that with Lou. So, it won't happen.

Lou would be awesome in Chicago since he is the complete antithesis of Rondo.

What would the Lakers get?

Mirotic? Pass

McBuckets?

Valentine?

I'd take the pick or Valentine.
oh you take the pick for sure because then you can repackage it sometime in the future. Mirotic is a little tempting since his style in Waltons system would be a much much better fit than that Chicago system- plus the Lakers need a big man that can shoot the 3....but id prob. still go for the pick.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right- youd rather have tarik black than space for a max salary guy...cool.

If the Lakers were so concerned about going after a max salary guy in the summer of 2017 then they wouldn't have made a lot of moves they made last summer. They obviously have their plan in place on how they want to approach next summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh you take the pick for sure because then you can repackage it sometime in the future. Mirotic is a little tempting since his style in Waltons system would be a much much better fit than that Chicago system- plus the Lakers need a big man that can shoot the 3....but id prob. still go for the pick.

My problem with Nico is that he would clutter up the frontcourt.

Plus, his deal is up and I wouldn't want to pay him 15-20 mil next year.

Hello to the no.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers were so concerned about going after a max salary guy in the summer of 2017 then they wouldn't have made a lot of moves they made last summer. They obviously have their plan in place on how they want to approach next summer.

This new CBA just made it that much tougher to steal a top guy.

Curry, Lowry and Paul are locks to stay if they get the designated player deals.

I'm not sure how Blake will react. So, he might be up for grabs.

Will the Hawks give Milsap the deal?

If Hayward makes a All Star game/ All NBA, will Utah give him the 6 year deAl?

Who's gonna get dealt or take a drastic pay cut so Durant can get his max in SF?

What in the hell do you pay Redick if Bazemore/Crabbe/Crawford got 15-20?

I think I need a nap.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry, Lowry and Paul are locks to stay if they get the designated player deals.

Who's gonna get dealt or take a drastic pay cut so Durant can get his max in OKC?

I think I need a nap.

I don't think Curry, Lowry, and Paul can get those designated player deals. I was under the impression that it needs to happen the year prior to the player hits FA. I fully expect to see guys like PG13 and Russ get that deal this summer though

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's gonna get dealt or take a drastic pay cut so Durant can get his max in SF?

I think I need a nap.
The Celtics are so fucked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dunno- its an interestin dilemma- "show growth" but limit yourself in free agency-

or be able to offer a free agent the choice to bring in another guy with him.

I dont think LeBron was scared of the Cavs poor record becuase he saw the potential with what was there. He didnt need them to win 40 games - to know what he had in Kyrie and the CAvs collection of young players and assets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc just got ejected. That should seal the win for the Wizards

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Curry, Lowry, and Paul can get those designated player deals. I was under the impression that it needs to happen the year prior to the player hits FA. I fully expect to see guys like PG13 and Russ get that deal this summer though

Curry already has.

You are right about Cp3. But, he doesn't need to be DPe because he already qualifies for 35% of the cap.

This is actually great news for the Clippers because now they can give it to Blake if he makes the All NBA Team.

A player qualifies for the DPE, which can be used either to give a player a contract extension or to sign him as a free agent, if he does one of the following:

1. He makes one of the three all-NBA teams or is named either defensive player of the year or most valuable player for this prior season.

2. He has made one of the three all-NBA teams or has been named the defensive player of the year in two of the prior three seasons or the league’s most valuable player in one of the three prior seasons.

And this crucial stipulation: He has to be either on the team that drafted him, or has to have been traded on his rookie deal to another team.

It seems veteran designated players can earn up to 35% of the cap (now a true 35%) and that this veteran-designated contracts are limited to players with 7-9 years

Tim Bontemps of The Washington Post:

Six players have already met the criteria to be veteran designated players next year:

Additionally, the 2017 Most Valuable Player, Defensive Player of the Year and All-NBA players will join the list if they hold the requisite experience level.

Curry is the only one of the six who will be a free agent next summer, and this could be lucrative for him. His max offer from the Warriors projects to be more than $209 million over five years (nearly $42 million annually).

The NBA’s 36-and-over rule that prohibits players from signing a five-year maximum contract if their 36th birthday falls during the life of the deal has changed to a 38-and-under rule, league sources said. Several members of the union’s executive committee, including president Chris Paul, vice president LeBron James and executive committee member Carmelo Anthony could benefit financially from the rule. Under this change, Paul, a perennial All-Star, is eligible for a five-year, $207 million deal to stay with Los Angeles this summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno- its an interestin dilemma- "show growth" but limit yourself in free agency-

or be able to offer a free agent the choice to bring in another guy with him.

I dont think LeBron was scared of the Cavs poor record becuase he saw the potential with what was there. He didnt need them to win 40 games - to know what he had in Kyrie and the CAvs collection of young players and assets.

Dude, Lebron's return was a unique situation.

It was his hometown and he was given the keys to the castle.

What LA Native do you see returning to save the Lakers?

Derozan? Pass

Westbrook?.....now you're talking.

But, only if he brings a friend.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got out of the shower to see the Heat down 18....Guess I'll watch the rest of these late NFL games and hope the Heat made it competitive when I check back in the next hour or so

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got out of the shower to see the Heat down 18....Guess I'll watch the rest of these late NFL games and hope the Heat made it competitive when I check back in the next hour or so
Tyler Johnson just got hit hard. Looked like he hurt his arm but I guess he's ok.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I'll say about this homestand is they beat the teams they were supposed to. Was defeated by the teams they should lose to. If this keeps up then they should win the next 2 with the Magic and Lakers coming to town this week.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL games just finished. Miami only down 9 I see. Glad to see they didn't quit

Status
Not open for further replies.