• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks were just a better team.
too bad they dont have middleton.

Jabari Parker looks freaking amazing for a 21 year old kid. What an exciting young team....

Giannis and Jabari Parker are 2 of the must untradeable young kids in the league i would say.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are not a bad team. They have one of the most talented teams in the East.
if they had Middleton i think you could put them 3rd in the East....as is. they are in that group- somewhere- of about 7-8 teams- prob more towards the top....but they are prob still closer to that pack then they are to Toronto.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad they dont have middleton.

Jabari Parker looks freaking amazing for a 21 year old kid. What an exciting young team....
The loss of Middleton really hurt but once their young players gain more experience they should be tough down the stretch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Middleton really hurt but once their young players gain more experience they should be tough down the stretch.
hes a very solid 2 way player- they really miss his 3 pt shooting.

how have you liked Delly thus far? he has really even gotten better....Cavs might come to regret that. It was just so hard to justify the signing when he couldnt get off the pine for the Cavs in the latter rounds of the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd in the NBA from mid range...over 40% from 3, and finishes at the rim as good as anyone ( did you see some of those layups tonight? holy shit) and is one of the must clutch players in the entire league. Might be the most complete offensive player in the game ...if you try and take one thing away he can just beat you so many different ways.

Klove is finally playing like an elite player again---- Blatt, injuries, his own whining, the system, new teammates etc slowed him down the first 2 years

now? he looks scary good.

Love is having a hell of a year.

Now that he is comfortable in his role, you truly have a 3 headed monster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is having a hell of a year.

Now that he is comfortable in his role, you truly have a 3 headed monster.
they are playing a lot different then last year...Tristan Thompsons rebounding is at a career high- but hes not playing as much and when in he is screening more on the outside....

it worries me that the Cavs are getting a little bit TOO finesse-- but then LeBron and Kyrie just attack the rim as good as anyone out there which makes you feel a little bit better about it- and Klove has been more of a post-inside player (taking more shots down there, more free throws etc.) so that helps....

you dont want to get tooo finesse though becuase the playoffs are just a totally different animal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a very solid 2 way player- they really miss his 3 pt shooting.

how have you liked Delly thus far? he has really even gotten better....Cavs might come to regret that. It was just so hard to justify the signing when he couldnt get off the pine for the Cavs in the latter rounds of the playoffs.
I'm a Mavs fan but am pissed at Cuban for not making any bold moves this season but I like what the Milwaukee organization has done.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers do not at least seriously explore trading Lou Williams at the deadline- they are incompetent.

Why would they trade a potential 6th man of the year who's doing a great job helping mentor the kids?

Ingram looks lost for a #2 pick. Obviously he is super young and super skinny- but you like to see flashes of brilliance here or there from a guy picked that high- and thus far- there have been none.

9 points 10 rebounds and 9 assists tonight. Nope, no flashes at all.

Nance looks like he can be a legit rotation player some day....hes a PF- strictly a PF- as is Randle- but making him a bench option seems like the correct way to use him.

He's already a legit rotation player. Very athletic and a high energy guy. He's got a great future as a "1st big off the bench/spot starter type of player.

Tarik Black has to have pictures of Jim Buss fucking a goat or something to get a 2 year 14M dollar contract right?

No. He's a very solid backup center.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some might say Deng. But, I disagree.

Because if nothing else, he has stabilized the locker room.

That and he's been solid on defense. He also does a good job mentoring player in game. He'll put his arm around one of the younsters, say a few things and it pretty much always results in better play. He's like having a coach on the floor.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Minnesota had a 93-81 lead over Houston with just over 2 minutes to go. Somehow it is tied at 95 and we're heading to OT

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy with the Lakers effort tonight. 2nd game of a back to back on the road, no Russell and playing the defending champs, they had a chance to win with about 3 minutes left in the game.

End of the day, Cavs are the champs because they know how to close out a game. Hopefully the Lakers learned something.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland defense is embarrassingly bad. Last year they weren't great but they ranked 20th which is a whole lot better than dead last. Heard to see them making the playoffs playing this type of defense

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy with the Lakers effort tonight. 2nd game of a back to back on the road, no Russell and playing the defending champs, they had a chance to win with about 3 minutes left in the game.

End of the day, Cavs are the champs because they know how to close out a game. Hopefully the Lakers learned something.
Yeah - I have been extremely busy closing out work left by an incompetent auditor the company hired and fired, so I haven't had much TV time, but was quite happy to turn it on and see them down by only 6 points late in the fourth quarter. As I said on the Lakers message board. The Lakers have 11 wins with 4 more needed to be on track for the 30 wins most people were expecting for. I am quite happy with the results. By next year at this time I think the Lakers fans are going to be very happy with the progress we will have made

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland defense is embarrassingly bad. Last year they weren't great but they ranked 20th which is a whole lot better than dead last. Heard to see them making the playoffs playing this type of defense

Dudes got paid and stopped competing.

The front office mucked up the roster.

They are a mess.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god that was awful D from Portland. I know, Captain Obvious and all, but holy shizz...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how y'all doing so far this season? I feel like I haven't been here in so long lol

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god that was awful D from Portland. I know, Captain Obvious and all, but holy shizz...
It was actually hilarious. They looked like a bunch of kittens chasing a red dot. That GS ball movement is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.