• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten things I like and don't like, including Marc Gasol's genius

My favorite from this article

5. Benches stifling themselves when a teammate gets posterized

These are the best moments -- when our mask of learned politeness falls away to reveal our base and cruel nature. Did you see the Brooklyn bench when Larry Nance Jr. ended Brook Lopez right in front of them on Wednesday night? The sitting Nets knew it was not appropriate to celebrate the violence Nance had just laid upon their broken teammate. For a brief, glorious half-second, they just couldn't help it.

They all gasped. Some leaned back in their chairs, either in astonishment, or perhaps out of some primal instinct to run away from the carnage. Others perched forward and bent their knees, as if they were about to rise in acknowledgement. And then, bam: They remembered. They had to be civilized. They resumed their normal seated positions and stifled grins. A few even briefly held onto each other, to keep balanced. I'm pretty sure Trevor Booker grabbed Randy Foye, so that Foye would not stand up.

Seriously: Whenever someone gets dunked on hard, watch the reaction of the victim's bench. It is often the best part.

lol I heard a guy on the radio this morning say that Nance didn't dunk on Lopez, he took his soul.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Jordan was playing on the Mavs though and getting a much higher usage on a really crappy team of course his stats would be increased

Not necessarily. Even on a bad team, he's still only catching lobs. He has no real offensive game outside of that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are an NBA offense relying on a centers post moves in todays game you should have the entirety of your front office fired. lol.

having jamal crawford and jj redick be the 3rd and 4th scorers is MUCH better than throwing the ball into a center. You wouldnt want your center taking much more than put backs or lobs- unless your Marc Gasol and can shoot the 3 as well as set up shop passing the ball on the elbow.

a center you throw the ball into in the post is going the way of the dinosaur- and for good reason- its just not efficient.

Jordan is doing his thing while being extremely eefficient offensively- thats exactly what you want.

The hole is deep enough. This is the point where you should just stop digging.

You won't, of course. But you should.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean the dude is shooting 65% and they dont even try and get him the ball more- there is a reason for that.

:L The reason they don't is because he doesn't have any post moves outside of the lob/dunk. If he had more post moves, they'd give him the ball more.

I knew you couldn't stop digging.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoelstra dropped the ball there. Needed to put Whiteside back to keep Jordan off the glass there. I understand the reason why he thought it would be a good idea because you're assuming Paul would make both free throws and since we had no timeouts left, you wanted to have all 3 point shooters out there but with Jordan in then you need to put Hassan in there

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the fainting goat defense?

Or because Nance Jr. killed him.

th

:rip:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers play the Cavs tomorrow.

Lakers should win. I have it on good authority that Luke has hired someone to take out Lebron's knee.

I think it's the same guy Tonya Harding used. So, the Lakers got this. :yes:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No GM wants to trade for Cousins? Well the Kings don't want to trade him so I guess it's win-win, or more accurately lose-lose.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers play the Cavs tomorrow.

Lakers should win. I have it on good authority that Luke has hired someone to take out Lebron's knee.

I think it's the same guy Tonya Harding used. So, the Lakers got this. :yes:
LeBron out just means Tristan Thompson is gonna get a triple double, 20 points/18 rebounds/11 blocks. Fear the offensive rebounder!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron out just means Tristan Thompson is gonna get a triple double, 20 points/18 rebounds/11 blocks. Fear the offensive rebounder!

True. Luke should send that dude after Tristan "Better than Kareem" Kardashian instead of Lebron.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Luke should send that dude after Tristan "Better than Kareem" Kardashian instead of Lebron.
The Kardashian power did wonders for Kris Humphries, you can only imagine what it'll do for an MVP caliber center.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram and his pathetic 35% FG shooting.

Someone needs to work with his footwork. It's all kinds of fucked up right now. He's getting the ball on good shots, but his feet aren't set right when he catches the ball and he's too slow in squaring himself up for a nice catch and shoot. The result is the defense is gathering itself and he dribbles into a much more difficult shot. He's making things way too hard for himself right now

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible shot for D-Will. Hood then takes it all the way up the court and drains the game winning three.

Williams took the shot with 8 seconds left. And a heavily contested one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.