• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how far Miami has fallen in three years.

That can be said of just about any team that has been on a run of success/titles. The 80's Lakers and Celtics didn't accomplish much of anything in the 90's after Magic/Worthy/Kareem and Parrish/Bird/McHale left. The Bulls haven't won anything since they broke up the teams that won 6 titles. The Lakers and Celtics haven't done anything since they won their last titles in the late 00's, etc. In a few years, it's likely the same will be said of Cleveland and GSW. The outliers, of course, are the Spurs who have managed to remain championship caliber for about 20 years now.

You seem content with mediocrity.

It's not about being content with mediocrity, it's about understanding where your team is and what they have. As bks said, you don't try to fool yourself into thinking your team is better than they actually are.

I won't attend games to watch a team that hasn't a chance at the playoffs.

And that's your prerogative. However, when a team is going through a rebuild, fans need to be patient and adjust their definition of success.

As a Lakers fan, I am enjoying watching the kids learn the game and grow, even though it often means watching them lose. Now, in 2-3 years, if I'm still watching them learn the game and grow, when they should be playoff caliber, then I'll become more impatient with them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Melo or Rose tonight. Sleep will be calling my name early tonight

Yeah, unless the Unicorn can find a couple of Pegasus and a Gryphon or two to run with him tonight, they losing by Fiddy.

Hmmm, with Draymond's preoccupation with shlongs, maybe bring a Incubus too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unless the Unicorn can find a couple of Pegasus and a Gryphon or two to run with him tonight, they losing by Fiddy.

Hmmm, with Draymond's preoccupation with shlongs, maybe bring a Incubus too.

untitledwqw.png

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can be said of just about any team that has been on a run of success/titles. The 80's Lakers and Celtics didn't accomplish much of anything in the 90's after Magic/Worthy/Kareem and Parrish/Bird/McHale left. The Bulls haven't won anything since they broke up the teams that won 6 titles. The Lakers and Celtics haven't done anything since they won their last titles in the late 00's, etc. In a few years, it's likely the same will be said of Cleveland and GSW. The outliers, of course, are the Spurs who have managed to remain championship caliber for about 20 years now.

It's not about being content with mediocrity, it's about understanding where your team is and what they have. As bks said, you don't try to fool yourself into thinking your team is better than they actually are.

And that's your prerogative. However, when a team is going through a rebuild, fans need to be patient and adjust their definition of success.

As a Lakers fan, I am enjoying watching the kids learn the game and grow, even though it often means watching them lose. Now, in 2-3 years, if I'm still watching them learn the game and grow, when they should be playoff caliber, then I'll become more impatient with them.
You put way too much effort into this. Seems like dude was just trolling.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put way too much effort into this. Seems like dude was just trolling.

Nah. GnG's style is "unique" in that he tends to post in 1 liners, but he's not really a troll. Just takes a minute to get used to because most don't post like that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are they playing?
yMpKK1B.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bulls are a whopping 13-12. Could've sworn there was someone on here that stated they wouldn't be that great and would be average. Oh wait, that was me.
Teams 3-10 in the East are all pretty close talent wise it seems....Boston id maybe put 3rd just because of their trade assets and the likelihood they add a piece...but really...

How would you rate the best players in the East?

I would go something like:

1. LeBron James
2. Paul George
3. Kyrie Irving
4. DeMar DeRozan
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyle Lowry
7. John Wall
8. Andre Drummond
9. Paul Milsap
10. Giannis Antetekuompo
11. Kevin Love
12. Dwight Howard
13. Carmelo Anthony
14. Kemba Walker
15. Al Horford
16. Nik Batum
17. D Wade.
18. Porzingis
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Brad Beale

its pretty evenly distributed outside of Toronto and Cleveland....everyone is pretty good but just no one is great- no one is really good enough to get any kind of seperation- not at this point anyway.

ya know who has really impressed me this year? IS Jabari PArker- at the age of 21- coming off a pretty bad injury a couple seasons ago now- he is really starting to get it. Shooting 47% from the field, 35% from 3 is right where he needs ot be at his age. Milwaukee is slowly becoming the team i thought they would be last year. Its a shame Middleton is hurt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland gives up 132 to DENVER in regulation. unbelievable. They are so freaking bad at defense and it all starts with Lillard who is one of the worst individual defenders I have ever seen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH: Lakers' Larry Nance Jr. makes Brook Lopez's life flash before his eyes

this is honestly one of the more incredible dunks i have seen in a long time. This kid is definitely an athlete...

its hard though in LA i think- i think him and Randle are both guys who are pidgeonholed as power forwards...neither is a center and neither can play any SF. Its definitely a good problem to have though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be mad if it's true. :noidea:

The 7-foot Whiteside was asked today if he thought he shared any similarities with the 6-11 Jordan, also a shot-blocking, defensive-minded center but lacking Whiteside’s offensive skills.

“No,” Whiteside said. “He catches lobs. I shoot jumpers, catch lobs, block shots. I do a lot. He just catches lobs.”

Status
Not open for further replies.