• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be mad if it's true. :noidea:

The 7-foot Whiteside was asked today if he thought he shared any similarities with the 6-11 Jordan, also a shot-blocking, defensive-minded center but lacking Whiteside’s offensive skills.

“No,” Whiteside said. “He catches lobs. I shoot jumpers, catch lobs, block shots. I do a lot. He just catches lobs.”

LMAO I love Whiteside. He speaks the truth.....now i fully expect 18 and 17 from Jordan today

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be mad if it's true. :noidea:

The 7-foot Whiteside was asked today if he thought he shared any similarities with the 6-11 Jordan, also a shot-blocking, defensive-minded center but lacking Whiteside’s offensive skills.

“No,” Whiteside said. “He catches lobs. I shoot jumpers, catch lobs, block shots. I do a lot. He just catches lobs.”
I think he's selling Jordan a little short, but it's still funny.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's selling Jordan a little short, but it's still funny.

Yeah I agree. Jordan defense is pretty good and he's good at rebounding. But yeah on offense all he basically does is catch lobs. I will take Whiteside offensive game all the time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten things I like and don't like, including Marc Gasol's genius

My favorite from this article

5. Benches stifling themselves when a teammate gets posterized

These are the best moments -- when our mask of learned politeness falls away to reveal our base and cruel nature. Did you see the Brooklyn bench when Larry Nance Jr. ended Brook Lopez right in front of them on Wednesday night? The sitting Nets knew it was not appropriate to celebrate the violence Nance had just laid upon their broken teammate. For a brief, glorious half-second, they just couldn't help it.

They all gasped. Some leaned back in their chairs, either in astonishment, or perhaps out of some primal instinct to run away from the carnage. Others perched forward and bent their knees, as if they were about to rise in acknowledgement. And then, bam: They remembered. They had to be civilized. They resumed their normal seated positions and stifled grins. A few even briefly held onto each other, to keep balanced. I'm pretty sure Trevor Booker grabbed Randy Foye, so that Foye would not stand up.

Seriously: Whenever someone gets dunked on hard, watch the reaction of the victim's bench. It is often the best part.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. Jordan defense is pretty good and he's good at rebounding. But yeah on offense all he basically does is catch lobs. I will take Whiteside offensive game all the time.
its very true- however- Jordan at 65% from the field and only 11 points a game of course gets many less opportunities - as he is an integral part of a good team, multi time all star, olympian....whiteside is the leading candidate for the Shareef Abudl Rahim award thus far this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could you imagine if he was with the Warriors?

They actually signed him. But, the Clippers matched.

Wonder if he would have been discarded like Bogut to make way for Durant..

Probably.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if he was with the Warriors?

They actually signed him. But, the Clippers matched.

Wonder if he would have been discarded like Bogut to make way for Durant..

Probably.
its very true...the Warriors amnestied CHARLIE BELL to make room for Jordan...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its very true- however- Jordan at 65% from the field and only 11 points a game of course gets many less opportunities - as he is an integral part of a good team, multi time all star, olympian....whiteside is the leading candidate for the Shareef Abudl Rahim award thus far this year.

More ppg, more boards, more blocks...

Not sure what there is to debate.

Jordan is quicker on his feet.

But, he still can't stop the Curry's, Kyrie's, Lillards from going to the rim.

So, meh...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, meh...
oh no doubt-

if Jordan was playing on the Mavs though and getting a much higher usage on a really crappy team of course his stats would be increased- however his efficienc wouldnt be nearly the same. Playing with CP3, Blake, and Reddick obviously limits his touches--- and (good for Blake)- Blake is actually rebounding this year.

Do you think any GM in the league would prefer Whiteside over Jordan? i certainly dont.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, meh...
btw...yesterday i got offered an Associate Attorney position providing I pass the bar exam :)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you're only dunking and catching lobs for the most part. I would expect your fg% to be in the mid 60's. He gets less opportunities because he can't do much on offense. If he had a solid post game and can do more than dunk he would get more opportunities. The Clippers would love he ever his expanded his game.

Multi time All Star? LMAO please do some research before you talk. He never made an AS team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no doubt-

if Jordan was playing on the Mavs though and getting a much higher usage on a really crappy team of course his stats would be increased- however his efficienc wouldnt be nearly the same. Playing with CP3, Blake, and Reddick obviously limits his touches--- and (good for Blake)- Blake is actually rebounding this year.

Do you think any GM in the league would prefer Whiteside over Jordan? i certainly dont.

Yes I do. Quite a few actually.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're only dunking and catching lobs for the most part. I would expect your fg% to be in the mid 60's. He gets less opportunities because he can't do much on offense. If he had a solid post game and can do more than dunk he would get more opportunities. The Clippers would love he ever his expanded his game.

Multi time All Star? LMAO please do some research before you talk. He never made an AS team

I'm glad you caught that one as well.

The hate is strong with Wiggy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Holiday season Draymond Green would like to be called The Nutcracker.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. Quite a few actually.
I could be wrong, but I'd wager most would prefer Whiteside. He's much better offensively and can half ass shoot a free throw if need be lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I'd wager most would prefer Whiteside. He's much better offensively and can half ass shoot a free throw if need be lol.

I think in a case like the Dubs where they need a defensive center not to do much on offense. Then I would probably opt for Jordan

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in a case like the Dubs where they need a defensive center not to do much on offense. Then I would probably opt for Jordan

I agree with this. Jordan's more well rounded on the defensive front than Whiteside. Whiteside's still developing in that area and improving and may be a topic to visit in a couple of years. But for now, I'd take Jordan as it relates to a specific use case where you need the best defensive center.

But overall center, I think Whiteside's better given that he actually has an offensive game and can actually shoot free throws.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Jordan's more well rounded on the defensive front than Whiteside. Whiteside's still developing in that area and improving and may be a topic to visit in a couple of years. But for now, I'd take Jordan as it relates to a specific use case where you need the best defensive center.

But overall center, I think Whiteside's better given that he actually has an offensive game and can actually shoot free throws.
Speaking of the Dubs & defense...I'm glad to see that Kerr started McGee again. He did a good job protecting that rim. He's getting pretty comfortable out there with that core unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.