• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would really like to see Miami win this one. Would be nice to finish with 30-35 wins. Good enough to get a top 10 pick but not bad enough to scare free agents away
Amazing how far Miami has fallen in three years.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on injuries. Team is not nearly bad as their record. If they didn't have to deal with all these injuries for the first month+, they would have at least 3-4 more wins IMO which would basically be a .500 record

If they stay pretty healthy from here on out, hard to see them not winning 30+ games especially considering how difficult the schedule been to start the year.
You seem content with mediocrity.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem content with mediocrity.

Why wouldn't I be? As a team rebuilding you should be. No need to set high expectations. I'm not going to lie to myself and act like I expected Miami to win 50+ games and be a top 4 seed in the East

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't I be? As a team rebuilding you should be. No need to set high expectations. I'm not going to lie to myself and act like I expected Miami to win 50+ games and be a top 4 seed in the East
I won't attend games to watch a team that hasn't a chance at the playoffs.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't win but...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing you do not often/do not expect to see:

high scorer for the Cavs tonight- The Champ, James Jones

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto won..i think its gonna be a close race for home court in the East between the Cavs and Toronto- the Cavs arent gonna push for it and i think the Raptors will try and push for it.

Thank goodness the Clippers beat hte Magic tonight. The Magic are just such a weirdly constucted team. Aaron Gordon has the potential to be a stud and he is a prototypical power forward that really cant playthe 3 that well- and then they bring in Jeff Green, Biyombo and Ibaka- all who are probably best at the 4.

They need to make a trade and badly. I bet they could get rid of Biyombo pretty easily--- and Ibaka is a free agent. maybe they deal him.

good win for the Wizards tonight- when Charlotte shoots over 50%- its hard for me to imagine they would lose- but i guess letting the opposition shoot over 50% surely doesnt help. I really like this Charlotte team. I hope all the principals stay healthy and have a chance to really play together because they really havent had that chance over hte last couple years. I really think a core of Kemba, Batum, MKG, Marvin Williams, Zeller, Kaminskey is interesting...now THAT would be an interesting landing place for a prime free agent.

Lakers are in the midst of a pretty easy 5 game stretch before they play the Cavs and i kinda expected them to win at least 2 - if not 3 of those games...they have lost 4 of them- (Phoenix, Knicks, Sac, Brooklyn) and still have Philly to go before the Cavs....kinda surprised. I really liked how Randle was playing- not that i expected them to win all those games by any means but def didnt expect to lose the first 4.

im just glad anytime brooklyn wins i guess becuase that means the pick that goes to the celtics isnt quite as good.....not incentive for those assholes to tank. Billy King just destroyed that franchise with that Pierce/Garnett trade and its gonna seriously haunt them for a decade. Honestly that was such a joke.

UTah all of a sudden at 15-10 and playing well at home tonight....that team could make some noise if it can get healthy and stay healthy- they missed heyward for a little while early on, missing Favors for an extended period time, missing Hill for an extended period of time. Pretty amazing where they are at considering all that. Rudy Gobert is a true difference maker that actually helps his team win.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now but the Rockets have 8 straight wins (including 9 of their last 10 games) and Mike D'Antoni has Houston at a very surprising 19-7. I was shocked when the Rockets decided on DA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Whiteside's a rebound short of another 20/20 game.

I didn't see any of the game, but I did hear Whitesides post game interview.
He basically said what we've been saying.
Missing the bodies that we were, really hurt what they try to do on defense.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC aren't the same without Oladipo

To the surprise of no one. It's a 1.5 man team and Oladipo is that .5. Literally no one else is capable of getting buckets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook: "Honestly, man, people and this triple-double thing is kind of getting on my nerves. People think if I don't get it, it's like a big thing. When I do get it, it's a thing. ... All I care about is winning, man, honestly."

Status
Not open for further replies.