• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka, Milsap, Gallinari, Rudy Gay, all might be available in a trade for Toronto....would be interesting. they badly need a PF...they have some young players and picks.

Lowry and DeRozan have never played better. All of those guys are free agents at the end of the year and their teams might want to get some assets if they dont plan on spending the money. Milsap would obviously be the best....but Gaillinari and Ibaka would be very interesting as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka, Milsap, Gallinari, Rudy Gay, all might be available in a trade for Toronto....would be interesting. they badly need a PF...they have some young players and picks.

Lowry and DeRozan have never played better. All of those guys are free agents at the end of the year and their teams might want to get some assets if they dont plan on spending the money. Milsap would obviously be the best....but Gaillinari and Ibaka would be very interesting as well.
Rudy Gay is not that good - Why would anyone want him?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched too many Kings games, and by many I mean none. Having said that, it looks like he's having a decent year.

Rudy Gay

Why do you think no one likes him?
Actually those are betters than I pictured for him - Poor defense?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually those are betters than I pictured for him - Poor defense?

He's known for putting up empty stats for losing teams, whether that's fair or not who knows. He always seems to be on losing teams though. Raptors traded him and started winning, Grizzlies got rid of him and they started winning... could be a coincidence. Maybe it's not.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's known for putting up empty stats for losing teams, whether that's fair or not who knows. He always seems to be on losing teams though. Raptors traded him and started winning, Grizzlies got rid of him and they started winning... could be a coincidence. Maybe it's not.
Yeah, I just couldn't place It why I don't like him - I think I got screwed over on a fantasy team because of him one year, so I might be holding a grudge as well - lol. But yeah - he puts up good numbers, and never seems to make a difference for the team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I love my Bulls. Beat good teams lose to bad teams. Good mix. Now that I have seem enough games I can give a fair judgement on this team. I think they will be in the mix from 5-8th seed. They are better then that but have too many let down games. Bench has been a cause of concern. If we dont upgrade bench it will be an up and down season. 1 thing for sure they will be tough in the playoffs because starters play more.

Disappointed in Mirotic and Cannon. They both have been really bad. If we can trade for a good 6th man that can hit 3's this team will be fine. Bulls need to upgrade bench. Starters are fine. They need that spark from the 2nd unit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I love my Bulls. Beat good teams lose to bad teams. Good mix. Now that I have seem enough games I can give a fair judgement on this team. I think they will be in the mix from 5-8th seed. They are better then that but have too many let down games. Bench has been a cause of concern. If we dont upgrade bench it will be an up and down season. 1 thing for sure they will be tough in the playoffs because starters play more.

Disappointed in Mirotic and Cannon. They both have been really bad. If we can trade for a good 6th man that can hit 3's this team will be fine. Bulls need to upgrade bench. Starters are fine. They need that spark from the 2nd unit.

I appreciate your honesty. I told you from the start that this would be an issue. They rely way too much on the starters (especially Wade and Butler) to do most of the work. They need to make a move during the deadline.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a very screwy team- can lose to anyone on any given night- but have the big guns to beat anyone on any given night...with wade and rondo it would definitely be nice to get another reliable guard to spell those guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How nice is it for Memphis to take one of their 2 games against the Cavs- and basically give them a win not sending Love, Kyrie or LeBron?--- goes from one of the toughest games on their schedule to a laugher.

If the Cavs are gonna help any team in the West- i dont mind its the Grizz....would love to see them punch Golden State in the mouth and extend a series in the 2nd round if it could get to that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just couldn't place It why I don't like him - I think I got screwed over on a fantasy team because of him one year, so I might be holding a grudge as well - lol. But yeah - he puts up good numbers, and never seems to make a difference for the team.
Rudy Gay is definitely last on that list of Milsap, Ibaka, Gallo or him------ but all of those guys are PF who are free agents at the end of the year and they all - besides Milsap- play on teams that really wont be playing for much.

If Toronto got Milsap it would be HUGE for them......Ibaka would be really nice too considering his defense and his ability to hit a jumper....Gallo would be a decent guy to pair with Valunciunas too....

Im just saying- there are plenty of PF's that will prob. be on the market if you are willing to part with some assets- and Toronto's one big glaring weakness is a crap PF position.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your honesty. I told you from the start that this would be an issue. They rely way too much on the starters (especially Wade and Butler) to do most of the work. They need to make a move during the deadline.
I think the starting lineup is fine. I agree they need to make some moves on the bench. I didnt think Cannon and Mirotic would struggle this much from 3 and give nothing on offense. I thought Mirotic on the Bench would be good for him because if you remember when Rose and Butler were out he was the main scorer so him being the main guy on the 2nd unit would help his all around game. He has taken a BIG step back. Cannon I thought would be better because of all the open shots he will see, and Portis wow he has been bad. Another player taking a BIG step backwards.

The good news starters can hang with anyone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a very screwy team- can lose to anyone on any given night- but have the big guns to beat anyone on any given night...with wade and rondo it would definitely be nice to get another reliable guard to spell those guys.
I agree, I will say this, this Grant kid looks like he can be a good 2nd unit player and a spot starter. MCW will help when he gets back but they need a good 6th man type player. Like a Crawford, a guy that comes in for the 2nd unit and sparks the team with his scoring. They dont have that. Only Bench player I like is McDermott and Felicio.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gay is definitely last on that list of Milsap, Ibaka, Gallo or him------ but all of those guys are PF who are free agents at the end of the year and they all - besides Milsap- play on teams that really wont be playing for much.

If Toronto got Milsap it would be HUGE for them......Ibaka would be really nice too considering his defense and his ability to hit a jumper....Gallo would be a decent guy to pair with Valunciunas too....

Im just saying- there are plenty of PF's that will prob. be on the market if you are willing to part with some assets- and Toronto's one big glaring weakness is a crap PF position.
Stop talking about Toronto and Milsap please. I don't want that to happen and you keep bringing it up and it makes me nervous.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I will say this, this Grant kid looks like he can be a good 2nd unit player and a spot starter. MCW will help when he gets back but they need a good 6th man type player. Like a Crawford, a guy that comes in for the 2nd unit and sparks the team with his scoring. They dont have that. Only Bench player I like is McDermott and Felicio.
I kinda thought Bobby Portis had sleeper potential when he was drafted- kind of a poor mans Tristan Thompson....tough kid, rebounder, etc...but he really hasnt come around at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop talking about Toronto and Milsap please. I don't want that to happen and you keep bringing it up and it makes me nervous.
it worries me as well.

Lowry, DeRozan, Milsap would be a helluva core....and you have guys who are primarily defensive guys in Carroll and Valuncinuas at the 3 and 5- and both are at least competent offensively. They would be tough.

It would be hard for me to see the Hawks trading him but i suppose anything is possible. I think Gallo is the best/most realistic option. He would be a nice 3 pt shooter and be a very nice compliment to Valunciunas- a nice counter to K.Love.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it worries me as well.

Lowry, DeRozan, Milsap would be a helluva core....and you have guys who are primarily defensive guys in Carroll and Valuncinuas at the 3 and 5- and both are at least competent offensively. They would be tough.

It would be hard for me to see the Hawks trading him but i suppose anything is possible. I think Gallo is the best/most realistic option. He would be a nice 3 pt shooter and be a very nice compliment to Valunciunas- a nice counter to K.Love.
Gallo would be nice as he can help create some offense when DeRozan and or Lowry aren't hitting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad is home from the hospital. He had a staph infection in his knee so they removed the whole knee and inserted cement blocks as "spacers" or some shit, I have it on good authority they are ACME quality so that's good. 2 weeks and they'll know if they need to amputate or not. He's doing as well as can be expected. Told him to enjoy my mom playing nurse maid.

Thoughts and prayers.

As for it being ACME, I know a guy who uses their products frequently....

th

tumblr_lgz0w9iKPy1qbohddo1_500.gif

Abort!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda thought Bobby Portis had sleeper potential when he was drafted- kind of a poor mans Tristan Thompson....tough kid, rebounder, etc...but he really hasnt come around at all.
He really hasnt. Word is he works hard on and off the court but he is just struggling. He wants to be better but hasnt happen. Coaches love him but its not clicking for him. I really thing him and the rookie should go down to D league to improve. Get some action. I also would like bulls to kick Mirotic in the ass and bring him down to D league until he gets his shot back but we just dont have the depth to do that. I think some crazy stat the last couple of games(4-5 games) Cannon and Mirotic are 8-40 from 3. Not good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A crazy trade I would like to see the Bulls make is for Noel. Trade Mirotic and a 1st for him(maybe another player). Noel would be a nice bench player for us and he gives us insurance if Gibson leaves after this year. Not saying Philly would do this but it would give them a stretch 4 and maybe Mirotic needs a fresh start.

Then go and trade for a good 3 point shooter. 6th man type.

Status
Not open for further replies.