• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie, LeBron and Love are all sitting out tomorrow in Memphis- none of them are even traveling. All 3 staying in Cleveland getting some rest. Apparently its been a planned down off for a long time now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Thibs comes back and pulls the major comeback in Chicago. That's hilarious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. No reason to buy tickets anymore. The example you provided is reason enough.
im just glad for the 6-8 games they do this its normally on the road.....this is def. the reason why the season is starting earlier next year to avoid more back to backs- i hate to say it- but tough shit for that little kid. lol...I want another title.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just glad for the 6-8 games they do this its normally on the road.....this is def. the reason why the season is starting earlier next year to avoid more back to backs- i hate to say it- but tough shit for that little kid. lol...I want another title.

Call me crazy but I don't think LBJ playing on a B2B in December would be the difference in the Cavs winning a title or not. This resting thing is a little extreme now. I don't get resting guys so early in the season. The fact that teams is resting players in November and December is really concerning.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. No reason to buy tickets anymore. The example you provided is reason enough.

At least not to see the top teams. I would still buy tickets to see the Nets play another bad team or upcoming/middle of the road team. For example I would gladly my money to see Brooklyn play Minnesota because I don't have to worry about the Minnesota big 3 sitting out because of rest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I don't think LBJ playing on a B2B in December would be the difference in the Cavs winning a title or not. This resting thing is a little extreme now. I don't get resting guys so early in the season. The fact that teams is resting players in November and December is really concerning.
its because all the research says that guys get injured when they are tired- and playing 2 back to backs in a week is a lot of stress. The goal is to win the title- not get the most regular season wins. Resting LeBron without a doubt has a tangible effect on his physical condition by the time the playoffs come around- especially now that he is passed 30.

you are much much more susceptible to injury when you are tired. No reason to run LeBron into the ground during the regular season AT ALL.

plus, what are we talking about here? prob 6-8 games during the season...a couple of which he would sit out for bumps and bruises anyway.

and even Kyrie- Kyrie came off knee surgery last year- and played all the way until late July for the Olympic team- all the way through the playoffs. Im totally on board with him resting here and there as well.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's serious. When I found out I was talking to my mom and thought she was being melodramatic, she had me thinking he was going to die. I called him at the hospital and he signed off on what she said. That it's serious. I'm just glad he's okay. If he has to lose it then so be it. We'll just call him Stumpy and have him around for a little while longer.
Well glad he's ok, relatively speaking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tweet from a few days ago. But Wiggy will continue to act like Whiteside is the issue. Waiters been out for a while. Winslow been out for a month. Johnson just came back tonight.

Wiggy must still be butthurt that Tristan Kardashian got destroyed in the Hassan vs. Tristan poll. :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its because all the research says that guys get injured when they are tired- and playing 2 back to backs in a week is a lot of stress. The goal is to win the title- not get the most regular season wins. Resting LeBron without a doubt has a tangible effect on his physical condition by the time the playoffs come around- especially now that he is passed 30.

you are much much more susceptible to injury when you are tired. No reason to run LeBron into the ground during the regular season AT ALL.

plus, what are we talking about here? prob 6-8 games during the season...a couple of which he would sit out for bumps and bruises anyway.

and even Kyrie- Kyrie came off knee surgery last year- and played all the way until late July for the Olympic team- all the way through the playoffs. Im totally on board with him resting here and there as well.

I understand what you're saying but its frustrating for fans. If this is the new NBA, Cleveland ticket prices need to drop because there's no guarantee you're going see their top players. You know how bad I would be if I'm a Cleveland fan or a Lebron fan and paid $200 for nosebleeds to watch them play the Nets or Knicks to only find out that their top 3 players are out for "rest"? I would seriously want a refund

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least for Warriors fans who don't live in Oakland, the Warriors seem committed on playing all of their players except Iggy during the first 2-3 months of the year. I'm sure after the AS Break or in March, they would start giving other guys off but that is expected. Not a fan of this resting thing in November and December

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense. Rest him throughout the season, rather than a bunch of games at the end of the season and you don't have to worry about rust or trying to get back in game shape when the playoffs start.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying but its frustrating for fans. If this is the new NBA, Cleveland ticket prices need to drop because there's no guarantee you're going see their top players. You know how bad I would be if I'm a Cleveland fan or a Lebron fan and paid $200 for nosebleeds to watch them play the Nets or Knicks to only find out that their top 3 players are out for "rest"? I would seriously want a refund
there is no guarantee you will see them anyway- if they didnt have those maintenance days the chances of a more significant injury and more time missed would be greatly increased.

i also understand what you are saying- but its prob only 6-8 games of which 2-3 he would miss anyway.

i do find it interesting they are sitting everyone- but supposedly Kyrie told Lue he had "heavy legs" the other night and they arent gonna push him after his work load the last few months.

Love is the one i was surprised about but i heard on the radio he was saying that his back was tightening up. I think thats kind of an ongoing maintenance thing for him- though its not nearly as bad ias it was early on in his first year with the Cavs....i rememebr that game against hte Suns where he could barely stand up after getting knocked down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense. Rest him throughout the season, rather than a bunch of games at the end of the season and you don't have to worry about rust or trying to get back in game shape when the playoffs start.

I just feel like if you want to rest your guys then probably do it in your home games where you play 41 times. Sucks to punish fans who city you only visit once or twice and who probably paid outrageous price for your tickets.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel like if you want to rest your guys then probably do it in your home games where you play 41 times. Sucks to punish fans who city you only visit once or twice and who probably paid outrageous price for your tickets.

I do agree that the rest should happen during home games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is gonna be 32 very shortly...he still has a lot of great moments left in him- but there is def. no reason for him to play all 82 games. He makes his money in the playoffs- and its not like he is sitting out a quarter of the season.

Last year he played 76 games- so he missed 6 games--- 4 of those were from March 16th on- and 2 of them were the last week of the season. Its not like this is a humongous thing or anything- its just protecting him on nights when they have played a bunch of games in a short time period- like 2 back to backs in the same week.

Tomorrow will be the Cavs 6th game in 10 days. It was bound to happen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is gonna be 32 very shortly...he still has a lot of great moments left in him- but there is def. no reason for him to play all 82 games. He makes his money in the playoffs- and its not like he is sitting out a quarter of the season.

Last year he played 76 games- so he missed 6 games--- 4 of those were from March 16th on- and 2 of them were the last week of the season. Its not like this is a humongous thing or anything- its just protecting him on nights when they have played a bunch of games in a short time period- like 2 back to backs in the same week.

Pretty sure Pat Riley was the one who started this with the Showtime Lakers. But he used to sit them at the end of the season, then have a week of practice that was like training camp to get them back in game shape.

I've heard some folks say that it caught up to them and may have led to the pulled hammies for Magic and Byron that may have cost the Lakers a 3-peat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Pat Riley was the one who started this with the Showtime Lakers. But he used to sit them at the end of the season, then have a week of practice that was like training camp to get them back in game shape.

I've heard some folks say that it caught up to them and may have led to the pulled hammies for Magic and Byron that may have cost the Lakers a 3-peat.
well i think you need to make a distinction between rest and maintenance---- which i think to an extent is exactly what you were doing in your response to bskballer

being more balanced throughout the season is preferable to of wrapping up home court in March and sitting him for all of April

this was interesting:

"The LeBron we witnessed on Saturday was not one we often see. His 44 points were the most he's scored on zero days rest since Dec. 30, 2009 (his 25th birthday). James dropped 48 against the Hawks that night. In the 101 games he's played on no rest since then prior to Saturday, James hadn't topped 40 points. Of course, James is no longer 25. A few weeks shy of his 32nd birthday, no player 31 years or older has scored that many points on zero days rest since Kobe Bryant did so in April 2013, days before suffering an Achilles injury that signaled the beginning of the end."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight the Cavs broke up Memphis' win streak, they ended the Knicks win streak the other night, they alsod ended the Raptors long winning streak, Hornets had even won 3 straight......all 4 of those teams were on winning streaks the Cavs ended.....

since there 3 losses in a row they have really played good ball- but this streak prob ends tomorrow i would imagine--- ya never know...but highly doubtful without all 3 of those guys they win tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.