• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- you see where the league is going right.

Greg monroe was down to choosing between the Lakers and the Bucks. LaMarcus Aldridge between the Spurs and the Lakers- picking san antonio and milwaukee- over Los Angeles.

they chose winning instead of location. This isnt 20 years ago when you were only on on national TV on a consistent basis if you played in a small hand full of cities.
I don't think the league will go the way it's been going much longer. That stuff may stop as early as next year.

plus- a very important part of that is- with the advent of restricted freee agency- pretty much every high level guy ever resigns with their own team....so before they ever hit real unstrecited free agency- they have been in the league for at least 7-8 years---- have been paid- and want to win.
I don't think the league will be this way much longer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't needed to. The Shaq trade brought a title. LeBron and Bosh brought 2 more. They've only been around since 88 for crying out loud.

Cleveland just got their first, and it was ONLY because Lebron is from Ohio and chose to go back.

I guess just wait and see if I'm right when Lebron retires.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

you ever hear of a little guy named Shawn Kemp? the Reign Man---- or better aptly known in cleveland as "the Rain Man" for the inordinate amount of sweat....its amazing you can be an overweight coke head while playing NBA basketball.....

and yes- Kemp was still an All Star when he first came over.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's this for a start?

Don’t come for KoKo! Khloé Kardashian fired off a NSFW tweet Monday, December 5, in response to a Cavs fan who accused the reality star of throwing boyfriend Tristan Thompson off his basketball game.

“They are #1 in their conference but thanks 4 sucking my d--k hard enough 2 think I have that much power,” she fumed on Twitter. “Lick on my balls while you’re at it.”

#Classy
:eek:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Man you better enjoy it while you can. Once Lebron is done, so is Cleveland. Probably forever.

Miami will always come back, mainly because of the location. It's just always gonna be a place where guys want to go. Cleveland not so much. Boston has even had some troubles bringing in players because of the weather, I believe. But at least we have history and a winning culture. I wouldn't say you have either just yet.
yah - Al Horford is the best free agent the Celtics have gotten in literally decades. Who was the best free agent before that? Dominque?

the truth of the matter is that high level all star players very very rarely change teams- even look at the Lakers- they just had Dwight howard leave and couldnt get Aldridge or Monroe to sign- let alone have a chance at Melo or a LeBron.

its exceedingly exceedingly rare to sign a guy like that- and each CBA the NBA and NBAPA has signed has moved just farther and farther in that direction.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh i gotcha...the old "multiple times" lol....anda threat...your standard operating procedure when you have nothing else to rely on.
More like standard operating procedure when you've become annoying....again.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Aldridge comparison is awful. The Lakers were dealing with the Kobe situation. I think if he had that decision to make in the summer of 2017 it will be harder.

Players consider many things in free agency. Not every player is the same
Couldn't agree more- especially since it was pretty well documented he chose SA because that's where his kid is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you falsley accuse me of only being a Cavs fan because LeBron is here to my face- i would be glad to reciprocate sugar ;)

Well shit wiggy & all this time I thought you were a Cavs fan because of Danny Ferry.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you falsley accuse me of only being a Cavs fan because LeBron is here to my face- i would be glad to reciprocate sugar ;)

Sugar? Interesting choice of words....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit wiggy & all this time I thought you were a Cavs fan because of Danny Ferry.
DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well....of course Danny Ferry...but you cant forget Cavs immortals such as Lamond Murray, Ricky Davis, etc.

one of my legit earliest Cavs favorites was Mark Price of course, and Larry Nance.....and then later on Terrell Brandon was freaking awesome....Z pre-foot injuries was pretty slick as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well....of course Danny Ferry...but you cant forget Cavs immortals such as Lamond Murray, Ricky Davis, etc.

one of my legit earliest Cavs favorites was Mark Price of course, and Larry Nance.....and then later on Terrell Brandon was freaking awesome....Z pre-foot injuries was pretty slick as well.

How dare you not mention Trajon Langdon!? And what about Daugherty? He was damn good before back problems cut his career short.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you not mention Trajon Langdon!? And what about Daugherty? He was damn good before back problems cut his career short.
DAughterty - pre back is on the very very edge of my fandom as a Cavs fan....was just too young...

Status
Not open for further replies.