• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey its all water under the bridge now years later, lol.....when we look back i am sure the Pels are thrilled with out it turned out- they got Anthony Davis eventually tobuild around, the Rockets eventually got JAmes Harden to build around.....the Lakers got ....Dwight Howard...

I'll take where the Lakers are right now over where they would be with Dwight any time. Even with what we've seen from them over the past couple of seasons.

If they continue to develop and with Luke as coach, they could be back contending in 2-3 years. With Dwight, they'd be just like the Rockets when he was there and like the Hawks now. Good enough for a 3-6 seed in the playoffs, but not good enough to win any titles.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it does exist. His first story was that he was acting as owner of the Hornets and was trying to keep the value of the franchise up. He said he acted as an owner trying to sell a team and increase it's value.

Then later, he said that he was acting as commissioner and on behalf of the other owners.

Now he says that there was no trade because Demps never had the authority to make trades.

That's 3 different stories.

So, once again, you are full of shit.

And for the record, while I think it was a conflict of interest and he had no business stepping in, I think that reason #1 was, by far, the most valid reason. After all, the NBA is a business and making a property as valuable as possible to sell it at the highest possible price is just plain smart business.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should be embarrass if they don't win by 30 points

Sounds like Love might sit out. JR is doubtful, and Frye is officially out. The Cavs should still win but that might make things more interesting.

Although, the Heat have a bunch of injury issues themselves, right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Love might sit out. JR is doubtful, and Frye is officially out. The Cavs should still win but that might make things more interesting.

As long as Lebron and Kyrie are playing (even 2 on 5) they should win handily.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Half our team is injured so yes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Lebron and Kyrie are playing (even 2 on 5) they should win handily.

I agree. I'd easily still take them and expect them to win. But in 1 game without their 3 best kick-out shooters... it wouldn't surprise me to see a tight game. Especially since the Heat's strength is interior defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 guys out. Only 9 guys are dressing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehh..it seems like they are where the Cavs were when they were tanking--- if a guy has a hang nail sit him out for some ping pong balls.

lets hope the Cavs are just even semi-interested in the game tonight...i remember when playing aainst Miami on a Friday night used to be a big game, now its just garbage. lol. oh how the mighty have fallen.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh..it seems like they are where the Cavs were when they were tanking--- if a guy has a hang nail sit him out for some ping pong balls.

lets hope the Cavs are just even semi-interested in the game tonight...i remember when playing aainst Miami on a Friday night used to be a big game, now its just garbage. lol. oh how the mighty have fallen.
Lol. Man you better enjoy it while you can. Once Lebron is done, so is Cleveland. Probably forever.

Miami will always come back, mainly because of the location. It's just always gonna be a place where guys want to go. Cleveland not so much. Boston has even had some troubles bringing in players because of the weather, I believe. But at least we have history and a winning culture. I wouldn't say you have either just yet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Man you better enjoy it while you can. Once Lebron is done, so is Cleveland. Probably forever.

Miami will always come back, mainly because of the location. It's just always gonna be a place where guys want to go. Cleveland not so much. Boston has even had some troubles bringing in players because of the weather, I believe. But at least we have history and a winning culture. I wouldn't say you have either just yet.
in the grand scheme of things- besides LeBron and Bosh- who has gone to Miami in free agency?---- those guys, LeBron and Bosh- Wade originally wanted them to all go to Chicago but Lebron didnt want to be in Michael's shadow.

Who are these big free agents that have gone to Miami over the years? like Alonzo Mourning? lol....okay--- one major free agent in 25 years, Eddie Jones maybe? lol....we are getting before my time REAL quick.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the grand scheme of things- besides LeBron and Bosh- who has gone to Miami in free agency?---- those guys, LeBron and Bosh- Wade originally wanted them to all go to Chicago but Lebron didnt want to be in Michael's shadow.

Who are these big free agents that have gone to Miami over the years? like Alonzo Mourning? lol....okay--- one major free agent in 25 years, Eddie Jones maybe? lol....we are getting before my time REAL quick.

They didn't have to sign any big name free agents outside of Lebron and Bosh. They traded for Shaq who was here for about 4 years. He left then we went into a rebuilding period for 2 years preparing for the summer of 2010 to acquire top free agents which we did

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have to sign any big name free agents outside of Lebron and Bosh. They traded for Shaq who was here for about 4 years. He left then we went into a rebuilding period for 2 years preparing for the summer of 2010 to acquire top free agents which we did
well- who are all these big name free agents that are drawn to Miami like the salmon of capistrano

its a myth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean- you see where the league is going right.

Greg monroe was down to choosing between the Lakers and the Bucks. LaMarcus Aldridge between the Spurs and the Lakers- picking san antonio and milwaukee- over Los Angeles.

they chose winning instead of location. This isnt 20 years ago when you were only on on national TV on a consistent basis if you played in a small hand full of cities.

plus- a very important part of that is- with the advent of restricted freee agency- pretty much every high level guy ever resigns with their own team....so before they ever hit real unstrecited free agency- they have been in the league for at least 7-8 years---- have been paid- and want to win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- who are all these big name free agents that are drawn to Miami like the salmon of capistrano

its a myth.

Free agency was different 20 years ago which is what you're asking me to do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency was different 20 years ago which is what you're asking me to do.
yah nowif anything the home team - or a team that can offer winning is MUCH MUCH MUCH better positioned to sign a guy then 20 years ago.

especially withr estricted free agency and high level guys rarely ever seeing unrestricted free agency until their year 8 or even later, season.

like KI- tons of dumbasses like dj told me he was leaving at his first opportunity- i said- well- practically every restricted free agent in history that has been offered the max has taken it---what did KI do? took the max just like every else that is a high level young guy

so you dont see those guys hit the market again till their year 8, or 9 season- and by then they want to win- and no matter WHERE they go- they are gonna get paid--- though they will get paid the MOST if they stay at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- you see where the league is going right.

Greg monroe was down to choosing between the Lakers and the Bucks. LaMarcus Aldridge between the Spurs and the Lakers- picking san antonio and milwaukee- over Los Angeles.

they chose winning instead of location. This isnt 20 years ago when you were only on on national TV on a consistent basis if you played in a small hand full of cities.

plus- a very important part of that is- with the advent of restricted freee agency- pretty much every high level guy ever resigns with their own team....so before they ever hit real unstrecited free agency- they have been in the league for at least 7-8 years---- have been paid- and want to win.

That Aldridge comparison is awful. The Lakers were dealing with the Kobe situation. I think if he had that decision to make in the summer of 2017 it will be harder.

Players consider many things in free agency. Not every player is the same

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Odom was actually a pretty big signing as well. Drafting Wade/Haslem and signing Odom is what started the change for Miami

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They haven't needed to. The Shaq trade brought a title. LeBron and Bosh brought 2 more. They've only been around since 88 for crying out loud.

Cleveland just got their first, and it was ONLY because Lebron is from Ohio and chose to go back.

I guess just wait and see if I'm right when Lebron retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.