• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta respect the effort and lack of excuses and whining for the Griz- have had as many- if not more- injuries than anyone - and to actual good and key players- and havent used it as an excuse- and are in an improbable 5 game winning streak.

"The Grizzlies have outscored opponents by 19 points in 32 clutch minutes during their 5-game winning streak, despite the absences of Mike Conley, Chandler Parsons and others. Memphis has overcome fourth-quarter deficits of 14 to the Magic, 13 to the Trail Blazers and 10 to the Pelicans during the streak. How? "Staying poised, never putting our heads down and feel sorry for ourselves," Tony Allen told the Memphis media. "I hate to say the same thing, but grit ‘n grind."

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant win when you only attempt 5 free throws Spurs and the Bulls shoot 27

That is never a winning formula

Surprised it was only a 4 point road loss
Yeah both teams struggled in the 1st half. Butler had his first rough night. Bulls got more aggressive in the 2nd half mostly due to Wade. its weird Bulls play to their competition. They can beat good teams but struggle with bad teams. It frustrates the hell out of me. Big win for the Bulls last night.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago is a screwy screwy team....have beaten the Spurs and Cavs in the last 2 weeks, and have lost to the Dallas Mavericks and La Lakers in the last 2 weeks. Looks like on any given night they could beat anyone or lose to anyone.
this is true. I think they lose focus against bad teams. Last night was a big win because they won with a very bad night from Butler. It was also nice to see McDermott back out there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very unsurprised that is your point of view considering where you are sitting- just as Stern says in his quote. I mean in that regard- he couldnt be more spot on.

He couldn't be more full of shit (something you 2 have in common). He has changed his story on this at least 3 times and you say he's a man of integrity.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips can't even get past the 2nd round. And the Lakers may not be contenders, but at this juncture, I think I'd bet on the Lakers long term future as opposed to the Clips with Doc Rivers running that shit show. Sorry, @Mecca

Appreciate the sympathy. But, those be the facts.

Shit, with the Warriors in the same Division, we don't even have winning that to look forward to....let alone a Championship.

4 of the 5 Starters on this roster are free agents this Summer.

Time to blow it up.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no doubt- if they were on equal footing the Lakers would be far far more popular- but seeing as the Lakers have had- back to back- the worst season's in teh history of their franchise- while the Clippers have 3 All Stars- and between Paul and Blake- 2 of the most popular/entertaining players in the game- and have been a good (not great) team- its pretty obvious who is the superior position at this point- especially considering you go from Sterling to Ballmer who has shown that he will spend on a major level- and he without a doubt has the dollars to back it up.

was just looking at this- surprised to see that Kyrie Irving is actually closer in age to DeAngela Russell then he is to Steph Curry...it feels like Kyrie has been around forever- he was very young when he came out of Duke.

It depends on how you view the situation.

Regular Season wins?

Really, who cares if you get dumped in the first round every year?

As bad as the Lakers have been, they still have higher ratings, higher merchandise sales, good young talent.

The Clippers go back to being the Clippers the second Chris Paul is not on the roster.

All Balmer's billions can't change those facts.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta respect the effort and lack of excuses and whining for the Griz- have had as many- if not more- injuries than anyone - and to actual good and key players- and havent used it as an excuse- and are in an improbable 5 game winning streak.

"The Grizzlies have outscored opponents by 19 points in 32 clutch minutes during their 5-game winning streak, despite the absences of Mike Conley, Chandler Parsons and others. Memphis has overcome fourth-quarter deficits of 14 to the Magic, 13 to the Trail Blazers and 10 to the Pelicans during the streak. How? "Staying poised, never putting our heads down and feel sorry for ourselves," Tony Allen told the Memphis media. "I hate to say the same thing, but grit ‘n grind."
Yep, they're grinders. Hasn't amounted to much though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Spurs loss last night stopped a few shots at neat records

1) They would have tied the consecutive road wins record with only needing a win at Phoenix to get it.
2) They would have become the only NBA team to have a franchise .500 or better record on the road

#2 is possible still if they finish (22-19) or better this year on the road, but #1 almost never happens.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't be more full of shit (something you 2 have in common). He has changed his story on this at least 3 times and you say he's a man of integrity.
it would be hilarious to see evidence backing up your claims because it simply doesnt exist. not one quote, not one statement by the league- nothing backs up what you say- except for the exact thing Stern was quoting- anonymous quotes from embittered club officials.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish this game was later than a 7:30 start tonight....the firm holiday party tonight...prob miss most of, if not all, the game tonight....

ill DEFINITELY have that shit recorded though...no doubt about it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish this game was later than a 7:30 start tonight....the firm holiday party tonight...prob miss most of, if not all, the game tonight....

ill DEFINITELY have that shit recorded though...no doubt about it.

Cavs should be embarrass if they don't win by 30 points

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be hilarious to see evidence backing up your claims because it simply doesnt exist. not one quote, not one statement by the league- nothing backs up what you say- except for the exact thing Stern was quoting- anonymous quotes from embittered club officials.

Actually, it does exist. His first story was that he was acting as owner of the Hornets and was trying to keep the value of the franchise up. He said he acted as an owner trying to sell a team and increase it's value.

Then later, he said that he was acting as commissioner and on behalf of the other owners.

Now he says that there was no trade because Demps never had the authority to make trades.

That's 3 different stories.

So, once again, you are full of shit.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it does exist. His first story was that he was acting as owner of the Hornets and was trying to keep the value of the franchise up. He said he acted as an owner trying to sell a team and increase it's value.

Then later, he said that he was acting as commissioner and on behalf of the other owners.

Now he says that there was no trade because Demps never had the authority to make trades.

That's 3 different stories.

So, once again, you are full of shit.
cant quote anything because it doesnt exist- your citing subjective ideas that do not exist anywhere- i searched for it. you are of course entitle to your opinion- but its just that- an opinion - not based on any kind of actual evidence.

there are no less than 3 articles on yahoo quoting various publications due to Stern just speakingo ut about it yesterday- and not one has any kind of evidence to support your position- nor does any search of pre-existing material

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant quote anything because it doesnt exist- your citing subjective ideas that do not exist anywhere- i searched for it. you are of course entitle to your opinion- but its just that- an opinion - not based on any kind of actual evidence.

It does exist and the first 2 have been quoted on here multiple times. The 3rd was quoted by you yesterday.

Also, claim or insinuate that I'm lying one more time and you won't be posting in this thread anymore.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does exist and the first 2 have been quoted on here multiple times. The 3rd was quoted by you yesterday.

Also, claim or insinuate that I'm lying one more time and you won't be posting in this thread anymore.
ohh i gotcha...the old "multiple times" lol....anda threat...your standard operating procedure when you have nothing else to rely on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh i gotcha...the old "multiple times" lol....anda threat...your standard operating procedure when you have nothing else to rely on.

You really don't want to be posting on this thread anymore, do you?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't want to be posting on this thread anymore, do you?
hey its all water under the bridge now years later, lol.....when we look back i am sure the Pels are thrilled with out it turned out- they got Anthony Davis eventually tobuild around, the Rockets eventually got JAmes Harden to build around.....the Lakers got ....Dwight Howard...

Status
Not open for further replies.