• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. 52 pts from Wall and the Wizards still lose to Orlando at home.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. 52 pts from Wall and the Wizards still lose to Orlando at home.
you hear people talk about Anthony Davis maybe having a case for forcing his way out---ha....if anyone does its freaking John Wall.....the Wiz's mgmt. has totally failed him in his career thus far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving aka Mr Glass.
top 15 player in the league easy.

2016-17 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - Scoring Per Game - National Basketball Association - ESPN

you look at the league's point guards--- and Steph Curry leads in FG %- a RIDICULOUS, UNGODLY 49.3 % that is even more impressive when you figure he shoots an INSANE amt. of three's- almost 10 a game (9.8). Its why he is the greatest shooter in the history of the game at 49.3%

#2 in the league amongst point guards is Patty Mills in FG % - but he only takes 7.8 shots a game. (Curry takes 17.5, Kyrie 19.2)

Kyrie is #3 at 48.1%- and he takes almost 6 three's a game....that is an amazing percentage to shoot considering his volume of shots and the number of 3's he takes.

After Kyrie---- Kemba is #4, and Lillard is #5 at 47.0 and 46.3 respectively.

basically- kyrie has really added an elite level of efficiency to his game this year. 6 guys in the league take over 19 shots a game. For Kyrie to take that many shots, and to be narrowly trailing the best shooter of all time - just shows how he has upped his game.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 15 player in the league easy.

2016-17 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - Scoring Per Game - National Basketball Association - ESPN

you look at the league's point guards--- and Steph Curry leads in FG %- a RIDICULOUS, UNGODLY 49.3 % that is even more impressive when you figure he shoots an INSANE amt. of three's- almost 10 a game (9.8). Its why he is the greatest shooter in the history of the game at 49.3%

#2 in the league amongst point guards is Patty Mills in FG % - but he only takes 7.8 shots a game. (Curry takes 17.5, Kyrie 19.2)

Kyrie is #3 at 48.1%- and he takes almost 6 three's a game....that is an amazing percentage to shoot considering his volume of shots and the number of 3's he takes.

After Kyrie---- Kemba is #4, and Lillard is #5 at 47.0 and 46.3 respectively.

basically- kyrie has really added an elite level of efficiency to his game this year. 6 guys in the league take over 19 shots a game. For Kyrie to take that many shots, and to be narrowly trailing the best shooter of all time - just shows how he has upped his game.

Doesn't do much to disprove comment 3594. He doesn't defend, rebound well and isn't much of an effective playmaker but the fact he is clutch and hits high % voids that all out? LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA luxury tax payments by team 2012-2016 | Statistic

kind of an interesting site that details the history of the luxury tax in teh NBA and what the payments were in recent years.

Last year the Cavs spent 55M via the luxury tax....the rest of the NBA COMBINED- 65M.......thanks Dan!

Except, it's punitive....c'mon, try and be consistent. You heckled the Lakers when we were paying it and talking mad trash. Goodness.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMar Derozan is at 48.2%- he takes less than 2 3's a game- but still-- for his volume- and the percentage he is shooting- just shows you how great of a season this guy is having.

Klay Thompson is also at 48.1% - tied with Kyrie- and he takes just over 8 three's a game.

just making the point- these are the best shooters in the league- guys like DeRozan, Thompson, Curry, Kyrie,

guards that shoot that many three's just dont shoot 48%.

no other guards are really that close...Avery Bradley is shooting 47.1% on 15.4 attempts and about 5 three's a game----thats actually very very very good.

Kemba is at 47.0%--- at 17.7 fg's and 6.7 3's a game--- which is also pretty damn phenomenal...

Lillard is at 46.3%-- which is by far a career high for him- and is also very very good considering he shoots nearly 20 shots a game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't do much to disprove comment 3594. He doesn't defend, rebound well and isn't much of an effective playmaker but the fact he is clutch and hits high % voids that all out? LOL.
hey whatever you say....the dude is easily a top 15 player. thats good enough for me.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey whatever you say....the dude is easily a top 15 player. thats good enough for me.

Possibly top 15 if he's on the court with James.
If he was any teams number 1 player, I highly doubt he'd be anything special.
There are lots of players in the league who can score.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, it's punitive....c'mon, try and be consistent. You heckled the Lakers when we were paying it and talking mad trash. Goodness.
wtf are you talking about? any owner that shows how much he wants his team to win by dipping into his own pocket has my undying respect--- i wish Gilbert would buy the fucking Indians and drop a bout 40-50M an extra payroll per year...

go get Edwin Encarnacion, Dexter Fowler, and Greg Holland and we can print WS tickets again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- hes not much better than Goran Dragic....matter of preference

sorry if i think your perspective is heavily heavily shaded. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard is at 46.3%-- which is by far a career high for him- and is also very very good considering he shoots nearly 20 shots a game.

Irving's also hitting a career high since for his CAREER he's hitting 45% of his FGA's and 38% on 3's.

Most would still take Lilliard because he's a better overall player. Can't polish the turd that is 4.7apg. And don't tell me it's James job to run the offense because he has to score and can't pass the ball to himself.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about? any owner that shows how much he wants his team to win by dipping into his own pocket has my undying respect--- i wish Gilbert would buy the fucking Indians and drop a bout 40-50M an extra payroll per year...

go get Edwin Encarnacion, Dexter Fowler, and Greg Holland and we can print WS tickets again.

Denial is a river in Egypt. You used to talk about how paying the luxury tax is punitive doing it season after season......Mecca and LAD saw you say it when the Lakers were dishing out the $ and you said it would backfire when they are repeatedly taxed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus- you look at guys like Curry and Westbrook- and just the NBA in general- you hit your prime about 26-27.......Curry won his first MVP at 27 and made his first All NBa team (2nd team) at 26....Westbrook sure looks like he might win his first mvp award at 28.

the scariest thing about Kyrie is he is still improving. He is only 24....the kid is only going to keep getting better and better. I dont think there is a better all around offensive player in the league right now who can score like Kyrie can at all 3 levels.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- hes not much better than Goran Dragic....matter of preference

sorry if i think your perspective is heavily heavily shaded. lol

Nothing has changed.
Kyrie is def a better scorer, more natural talent, but Dragic is still the better PG if you need a QB to run your offense.
Cavs have James, so no need for another qb.

And heavily shaded?
I'm very realistic, not always correct, but that goes hand in hand.

If Kyrie was on the Heat vs Dragic, we'd be no better and prob worse IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denial is a river in Egypt. You used to talk about how paying the luxury tax is punitive doing it season after season......Mecca and LAD saw you say it when the Lakers were dishing out the $ and you said it would backfire when they are repeatedly taxed.
the luxury tax is punatitve- do you know the definition of that word- its a punishment for outspending the competition--- not only that- but the luxury tax is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more progressive then it has ever been as well.

but DAn G. keeps on throwing down- its just INSANE when you think he almost matched the ENTIRE rest of the NBA in luxury tax spending last yaer......I am 100% sure when he was standing on that podium during that parade through downtown Cleveland that it was worth EVERY PENNY. ;)

i dont know why people dont understand that- this is Dan Gilbert's hobby. He doesnt operate this as a business where he has to make a profit-- thats Quicken Loans- thats how he is worth billions and billions.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has changed.
Kyrie is def a better scorer, more natural talent, but Dragic is still the better PG if you need a QB to run your offense.
Cavs have James, so no need for another qb.

And heavily shaded?
I'm very realistic, not always correct, but that goes hand in hand.

If Kyrie was on the Heat vs Dragic, we'd be no better and prob worse IMO.
very realistic? that Kyrie contributes to winning less than Dragic? dude....the Cavs hate has really shaded your view...you gotta wake up- though- i cant blame you.

the only thing that i can think of is that you think kyrie is still the 20 year old kid on a team that is trying to tank.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus- you look at guys like Curry and Westbrook- and just the NBA in general- you hit your prime about 26-27.......Curry won his first MVP at 27 and made his first All NBa team (2nd team) at 26....Westbrook sure looks like he might win his first mvp award at 28.

the scariest thing about Kyrie is he is still improving. He is only 24....the kid is only going to keep getting better and better. I dont think there is a better all around offensive player in the league right now who can score like Kyrie can at all 3 levels.

He's def gotten better.
Part is experience and maturity.
A bigger part IMO is playing with James.
When he can lead the Cavs-James to some wins, let me know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic how he's backpeddaling but not totally surprised.
DJ- you didnt even know what the word punitive was- you thought it was an insult!!! lol....punitive isnt an adjective for bad- it means punishment

yah know!? like PUNITIVE damages! LOL...geezus man. open a book.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very realistic? that Kyrie contributes to winning less than Dragic? dude....the Cavs hate has really shaded your view...you gotta wake up- though- i cant blame you.

the only thing that i can think of is that you think kyrie is still the 20 year old kid on a team that is trying to tank.

Not what I said.
You're twisting words.
I said Kyrie contributes more to winning on the Cavs then Dragic would, because he's a better shooter/ scorer.

A team like the Heat is bad enough as is, but would be worse if the just had 1 pure scorer vs a player who can score, plus knows how to get others involved.

Also, I've never hated the Cavs, just rooted against James.
I really don't even care anymore, because he won there.
Yes, of course I prefer he loses, but how many times have I said I expect and as a fan want to see Cavs/Warriors III?

Status
Not open for further replies.