• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Lakers to get him but I am guessing here that thoughts of trading him are no longer in the thoughts of the Warriors front office - lol

Honestly I don't think it was ever considered....it was fan overreaction after the Spurs blowout in game 1.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://deadspin.com/magic-johnson-and-michael-wilbon-return-to-espns-nba-co-1789701851

ESPN must have woke up and decided to come up with a team to actively make people change the channel. Why bring them back? They were terrible. Magic Johnson, for as great a player as he was, is as equally terrible as an analyst. All Wilbon does is brag about how good of friends he is with "Earvin". And Sage Steele is a replaceable vanilla host that brings nothing to the table. She's better off as a morning show host or news anchor. Why don't they just stick with their other crew? Michelle Beadle, Jalen Rose, T-Mac, and Chauncey Billups have been surprisingly good. Best crew ESPN has had maybe ever

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think it was ever considered....it was fan overreaction after the Spurs blowout in game 1.
I think Jerry West said something, but I seriously doubt that was even close to being considered.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://deadspin.com/magic-johnson-and-michael-wilbon-return-to-espns-nba-co-1789701851

ESPN must have woke up and decided to come up with a team to actively make people change the channel. Why bring them back? They were terrible. Magic Johnson, for as great a player as he was, is as equally terrible as an analyst. All Wilbon does is brag about how good of friends he is with "Earvin". And Sage Steele is a replaceable vanilla host that brings nothing to the table. She's better off as a morning show host or news anchor. Why don't they just stick with their other crew? Michelle Beadle, Jalen Rose, T-Mac, and Chauncey Billups have been surprisingly good. Best crew ESPN has had maybe ever

Not surprising that ESPN continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Wilbon and Magic are beyond terrible in their own respective rights. Put them together along with Sage Steele - I'd rather hang out at the abortion clinic for voluntary work.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry West said something, but I seriously doubt that was even close to being considered.

He said something alright. I'm probably paraphrasing here - "These stupid fucks diddling around on the internet continue to think they know more than I do."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron: No interest in meeting with Phil in NYC

When asked to reflect on the discussion that his response to Jackson prompted, James brought up the racial undertones that he believed were part of Jackson's "posse" characterization.

"Didn't affect me, just know how much further we still have to go and how far we still have to go as African-Americans, even in the light of today," James said. "For me, I've built my career on and off the floor on the utmost respect and I've always given the utmost respect to everyone -- all my peers, people that's laid the path for me and laid the path for coaches, players, things of that nature.
"I've always given respect to them and it's always, like I told you before, it's always shade thrown on me, so. It means we got a lot more work to do, myself and the team. We've got to continue to protect each other and continue to just be as great as we can be."

James added that the comments wouldn't affect how he approaches the Knicks game.

"No," James said. "My only mindset is to get our guys ready and execute the game plan. I got a job to do every night and that's to lead this group, and I'll do that."

----while he says there is no extra motivation- i am VERY VERY interested to see what that game looks like.....the rest of this week should be fun- a motivated Cavs team vs. the 2 teams i like the least in the East- the Heat and Bricks. Let the destruction commence!!!! 2 good teams to get out of the "honeymoon" phase LeBron was talking about.

I do like the fact

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron: No interest in meeting with Phil in NYC

When asked to reflect on the discussion that his response to Jackson prompted, James brought up the racial undertones that he believed were part of Jackson's "posse" characterization.

"Didn't affect me, just know how much further we still have to go and how far we still have to go as African-Americans, even in the light of today," James said. "For me, I've built my career on and off the floor on the utmost respect and I've always given the utmost respect to everyone -- all my peers, people that's laid the path for me and laid the path for coaches, players, things of that nature.
"I've always given respect to them and it's always, like I told you before, it's always shade thrown on me, so. It means we got a lot more work to do, myself and the team. We've got to continue to protect each other and continue to just be as great as we can be."

James added that the comments wouldn't affect how he approaches the Knicks game.

"No," James said. "My only mindset is to get our guys ready and execute the game plan. I got a job to do every night and that's to lead this group, and I'll do that."

----while he says there is no extra motivation- i am VERY VERY interested to see what that game looks like.....the rest of this week should be fun- a motivated Cavs team vs. the 2 teams i like the least in the East- the Heat and Bricks. Let the destruction commence!!!! 2 good teams to get out of the "honeymoon" phase LeBron was talking about.

I do like the fact

Watching you brag about a win over the Heat on Friday night will be hilarious. As turnup said, the Cavs first meaningful game they play this year will be in May. The Cavs upcoming schedule is laughable. If they lose more than 1 game before their Christmas game vs the Warriors, I'll be really surprised

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why isnt favors playing?

gotta give the JAzz some credit to be where they are at without Heyward at the beginning of the year and with Hill and Favors missing time now....hmm.....

i like that team and think it could be an interesting team come the playoffs if it could stay out of the 7, 8 seed...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching you brag about a win over the Heat on Friday night will be hilarious. As turnup said, the Cavs first meaningful game they play this year will be in May. The Cavs upcoming schedule is laughable. If they lose more than 1 game before their Christmas game vs the Warriors, I'll be really surprised
i totally agree with every word you said.

its fun though ;)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree with every word you said.

its fun though ;)

Nobody would really care. The joke would actually be on you. Its like a Warriors fan coming in here bragging about a win over the Nuggets or Suns.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool. joke is on me then. enjoy...i know i will.

I won't be seeing the game so I really don't care. Heat rarely get absolutely trashed on the road. Depending on who playing, I'm assuming Cavs win by 10-15 points

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be seeing the game so I really don't care. Heat rarely get absolutely trashed on the road. Depending on who playing, I'm assuming Cavs win by 10-15 points
who knows...they just lost 3 in a row...anything can happen if LeBron is throwing the ball away like an asshole and has 8 turnovers and the bench is contributong nothing like against the Bulls...

now on nights like last night- when things were clicking pretty well- it doesnt matter who they are playing in the East- it could be the Sixers or the Heat or the Pacers or the Celtics or the Raptors- ----- they arent losing.

the Sixers and Heat would have a better chance at beating the Raptors in a 7 game series then any team in the East- Raptors including- have of beating the Cavs in a 7 game series. It really doesnt matter how other etams plays- the only team that can stop the Cavs in the East is the Cavs.

if i had to hope and guess- these next 2 games will be beat downs. Kyrie likes playing in NYC too....and JR is sitting out and hes played like ass the last couple weeks and Shumpert has played really well so in the short team that should help too. Jefferson seems to be getting into the swing of things as well.

Dunleavy is still lost.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows...they just lost 3 in a row...anything can happen if LeBron is throwing the ball away like an asshole and has 8 turnovers and the bench is contributong nothing like against the Bulls...

now on nights like last night- when things were clicking pretty well- it doesnt matter who they are playing in the East- it could be the Sixers or the Heat or the Pacers or the Celtics or the Raptors- ----- they arent losing.

the Sixers and Heat would have a better chance at beating the Raptors in a 7 game series then any team in the East- Raptors including- have of beating the Cavs in a 7 game series. It really doesnt matter how other etams plays- the only team that can stop the Cavs in the East is the Cavs.

if i had to hope and guess- these next 2 games will be beat downs. Kyrie likes playing in NYC too....and JR is sitting out and hes played like ass the last couple weeks and Shumpert has played really well so in the short team that should help too. Jefferson seems to be getting into the swing of things as well.

Dunleavy is still lost.

Last night just confirmed that there is really nothing to see out east. I really think Chicago would give Cleveland a better run than Toronto. I think Cleveland beats Toronto in 5. Chicago probably takes them 6 or even 7. Toronto needs to make a move

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Lakers are coming back to earth in having lost the last 4 of 5 games.....easy schedule coming up though....after Houston- they go:

Suns
Knicks
Sacramento
Brooklyn
Philly

should be interesting to see where they land after those 6 games.

Clippers are at home vs. Golden State tomorrow night on ESPN...should be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night just confirmed that there is really nothing to see out east. I really think Chicago would give Cleveland a better run than Toronto. I think Cleveland beats Toronto in 5. Chicago probably takes them 6 or even 7. Toronto needs to make a move
Chicago at least has toughness with Butler, Rondo, Wade, Gibson, Lopez which gives them a puncher's chance- but its still Tyson vs. McNeely.

Kyrie has been pretty brilliant this year- he has closed the gap on 2nd best in the East- not quite there yet- but has closed the gap.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Lakers are coming back to earth in having lost the last 4 of 5 games.....easy schedule coming up though....after Houston- they go:

Suns
Knicks
Sacramento
Brooklyn
Philly

should be interesting to see where they land after those 6 games.

Clippers are at home vs. Golden State tomorrow night on ESPN...should be interesting.

I don't know if the lakers are coming back to hurt. They're dealing with injuries. Missing their starting backcourt so not surprised by their struggles.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the lakers are coming back to hurt. They're dealing with injuries. Missing their starting backcourt so not surprised by their struggles.
its a valid point- but at the same time, to a certain extent- everyone is dealing with injuries- i mean- the Jazz who the Lakers played last night were missing Favors and Hill. The game before they lost to Memphis who is missing Mike Conley, Chandler Parsons and Vince Carter that game.

You certainly dont like hearing a guy getting plasma-injection treatment at the age of 21 years old though....yikes. I have never heard of a young guy getting that treatment-but maybe that is just a new protocol....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.