• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing way to lose but I'll take a winning west coast trip all the time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly see Draymond fucking his team over in the Finals again. That's not a natural movement. Hard habit to break.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly see Draymond fucking his team over in the Finals again. That's not a natural movement. Hard habit to break.

What a fucking idiot he is, nobody kicks their foot up like that when swinging their arms through to create contact. Fines and even a suspension should be coming if this keeps up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking idiot he is, nobody kicks their foot up like that when swinging their arms through to create contact. Fines and even a suspension should be coming if this keeps up.

Yep hard to defend this guy

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the way how Harden responded to Green. I think everyone is sick of this guy shit.

“I wouldn’t call it unnatural,” Harden said. “For me, I just go to the basket and go up with two hands like you’re taught. If you grab my arm it’s a foul. That’s pretty natural in the sport of basketball, in any league. I don’t know about whatever else [Green] has got going on.”

Harden then pointed out that his move is natural enough to be imitated.

"Some people are copying mine as well,” he said. “I’m not going to say any names, but you’ve got a lot of people doing my moves, going to the basket, looking for contact, all that stuff. That’s what you call being a trendsetter, that’s what you call being somebody people look up to. It’s a great feeling for me.”

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the way how Harden responded to Green. I think everyone is sick of this guy shit.

“I wouldn’t call it unnatural,” Harden said. “For me, I just go to the basket and go up with two hands like you’re taught. If you grab my arm it’s a foul. That’s pretty natural in the sport of basketball, in any league. I don’t know about whatever else [Green] has got going on.”

Harden then pointed out that his move is natural enough to be imitated.

"Some people are copying mine as well,” he said. “I’m not going to say any names, but you’ve got a lot of people doing my moves, going to the basket, looking for contact, all that stuff. That’s what you call being a trendsetter, that’s what you call being somebody people look up to. It’s a great feeling for me.”

Harden does set it up where it looks like he's fouled when he's not. But it's nowhere near as egregious as Draymond and what he's doing. There's absolutely nothing natural about his kicking. And this isn't something Draymond's been doing all his career including college as this started last year. What this idiot keeps failing to realize is that they have these things called cameras that can always go back and look at events such as the one last night and against Houston.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a bummer that Conley is hurt...looks like he had been struggling with the back for a while and just couldnt do it anymore. Lets hope he gets healthy. I think this Memphis team could be pretty good and a threat at the end of the season.

what happened to ATlanta? lol.... 1-9 in their last ten?

James Harden is a great player and is without a doubt a top ten player...i dont know how anyone can argue with that. Houston is not a very good team...they are decent....but definitely not loaded by any means and Harden has them playing some very solid basketball.

The Wizards are just pathetic.

LAkers are the 9 seed right now- but have a pretty easy schedule coming up for the next 10 days- between tomorrow and Dec. 16th they play UTah, Houston, Phoenix, Knicks, Sacramento, Brooklyn and Philly....thats 7 games where if they hope to compete for a playoff spot they have to win the majority of those games.

I will give the Knicks some credit- have been playing a little bit of improved ball lately. Porzingis was a great draft pick....honestly- if you were to redraft that draft class it has to be Towns #1 and Porzingis #2.

Toronto put up 43 in the 4th qtr vs. the Hawks last night--- play the Cavs tomorrow in Toronto....i bet they smell blood and really really dont want to lose to the Cavs for a 3rd time this season.

The Celtics would have the #3 pick via. Brooklyn if the season ended today....if the lotto played out.....that is just unfucking real. what a trade.

Reggie Jackson comes back from Detroit soon...they treaded water while he was gone- but he their 2nd most important player. Ill be interested to see how they play once he comes back and has some time to get acclimated.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a bummer that Conley is hurt...looks like he had been struggling with the back for a while and just couldnt do it anymore. Lets hope he gets healthy. I think this Memphis team could be pretty good and a threat at the end of the season.

what happened to ATlanta? lol.... 1-9 in their last ten?

James Harden is a great player and is without a doubt a top ten player...i dont know how anyone can argue with that. Houston is not a very good team...they are decent....but definitely not loaded by any means and Harden has them playing some very solid basketball.

The Wizards are just pathetic.

LAkers are the 9 seed right now- but have a pretty easy schedule coming up for the next 10 days- between tomorrow and Dec. 16th they play UTah, Houston, Phoenix, Knicks, Sacramento, Brooklyn and Philly....thats 7 games where if they hope to compete for a playoff spot they have to win the majority of those games.

I will give the Knicks some credit- have been playing a little bit of improved ball lately. Porzingis was a great draft pick....honestly- if you were to redraft that draft class it has to be Towns #1 and Porzingis #2.

Toronto put up 43 in the 4th qtr vs. the Hawks last night--- play the Cavs tomorrow in Toronto....i bet they smell blood and really really dont want to lose to the Cavs for a 3rd time this season.

The Celtics would have the #3 pick via. Brooklyn if the season ended today....if the lotto played out.....that is just unfucking real. what a trade.

Reggie Jackson comes back from Detroit soon...they treaded water while he was gone- but he their 2nd most important player. Ill be interested to see how they play once he comes back and has some time to get acclimated.

I take back my quote from a week or two ago where I said Toronto and Atlanta are the only teams that could challenge the Cavs in the East. It's just Toronto now. Admittingly I haven't looked at the Hawks or their roster so I don't know if they're dealing with injuries. But going 1-9 is worst than a slump, it just says you're not good.

Agree with your assessment on Porzingis. He's a well rounded player where you can't teach 7'3. A do over in the draft may have him at the #2 spot. Although Deanglo Russell's been pretty damn solid as well, so I don't think the Lakers are regretting their picks.

Those Lakers kids are doing pretty well. In my way too early prediction, I think Walton's getting COY.

Edit: Congrats on the Buckeyes making the playoffs. You know why I hate the Buckeyes, but it's better they get in then Penn St. whom I hate exponentially more for a myriad of reasons.

Getting Clemson will be an interesting match up.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great weekend for the Raptors. Be interesting to see if they can keep it up tomorrow night vs. Cleveland.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but Bama please. As long as bama doesn't win then I'll be happy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back my quote from a week or two ago where I said Toronto and Atlanta are the only teams that could challenge the Cavs in the East. It's just Toronto now. Admittingly I haven't looked at the Hawks or their roster so I don't know if they're dealing with injuries. But going 1-9 is worst than a slump, it just says you're not good.

Agree with your assessment on Porzingis. He's a well rounded player where you can't teach 7'3. A do over in the draft may have him at the #2 spot. Although Deanglo Russell's been pretty damn solid as well, so I don't think the Lakers are regretting their picks.

Those Lakers kids are doing pretty well. In my way too early prediction, I think Walton's getting COY.

Edit: Congrats on the Buckeyes making the playoffs. You know why I hate the Buckeyes, but it's better they get in then Penn St. whom I hate exponentially more for a myriad of reasons.

Getting Clemson will be an interesting match up.
id rather of had the bucks play washington then clemson- but i think the bucks and alabama will be playing for the national title...hope so anyway....albama obviously has the better team this year- but funky things can happen...that michigan state loss last year still hurts bad- honestly i think out of the tressell and urban eras last years team was the most talented...it was freaking loaded.....bosa and frekaing elliot just to start...unreal....what a blown opportunity.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id rather of had the bucks play washington then clemson- but i think the bucks and alabama will be playing for the national title...hope so anyway....albama obviously has the better team this year- but funky things can happen...that michigan state loss last year still hurts bad- honestly i think out of the tressell and urban eras last years team was the most talented...it was freaking loaded.....bosa and frekaing elliot just to start...unreal....what a blown opportunity.

Yeah, the one thing that probably has Saban sweating a bit is the fact that Petersen can flat out coach given his track record when he was at Boise St. I still have Bama by a solid 3 touch downs in that game. OSU and Clemson's a complete wild card given that Clemson's defense is not what it was last season. Having said that, it's amazing Ohio St. made it considering how young they are. I think OSU gets knocked out this round, but they'll probably be the number 1 seed next year given that they don't lose too much this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but Bama please. As long as bama doesn't win then I'll be happy

Sorry man, Bama's winning it all. I think Michigan was the only team that stood any semblance of a shot at beating Bama given that they could match Bama physically on the defensive end.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, Bama's winning it all. I think Michigan was the only team that stood any semblance of a shot at beating Bama given that they could match Bama physically on the defensive end.

I don't know. I think people need to realize the SEC is really down this year. They were the only good team in that conference. Everyone else was ok or bad. Clemson and Ohio State can beat them. The other 3 teams in this playoffs are more battle tested this year and played better competition

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I think people need to realize the SEC is really down this year. They were the only good team in that conference. Everyone else was ok or bad. Clemson and Ohio State can beat them. The other 3 teams in this playoffs are more battle tested this year and played better competition

The SEC's been down for the last few years now. Clemson's not as good as last season, I keep trying to tell people not to fall for it. Clemson lost a lot on defense last year, meanwhile Bama just reloads given that they're the one program that can constantly red-shirt high 4-5 star kids on their lines.

Ohio St. beat Bama in '15 given the offense that they had when Tom Herman was running the show. That offense hasn't looked the same since he left.

This is going to be one of the most anti-climatic playoffs imaginable.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC's been down for the last few years now. Clemson's not as good as last season, I keep trying to tell people not to fall for it. Clemson lost a lot on defense last year, meanwhile Bama just reloads given that they're the one program that can constantly red-shirt high 4-5 star kids on their lines.

Ohio St. beat Bama in '15 given the offense that they had when Tom Herman was running the show. That offense hasn't looked the same since he left.

This is going to be one of the most anti-climatic playoffs imaginable.

You're wrong. Just watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.