• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Kerr manages these last 3 home games.

Its gonna be a trade-off of getting KD integrated into the starting lineup vs resting and protecting his players with nothing left to play for.

I think if it were me I'd err on the side of rest and health. The Blazers and Nuggets are solid teams but the Warriors can use that series to integrate KD and still win no problem, imo.

I still don't think it's gonna be a big deal. guess we'll see how it plays out, though...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its gonna be a trade-off of getting KD integrated into the starting lineup vs resting and protecting his players with nothing left to play for.

I think if it were me I'd err on the side of rest and health. The Blazers and Nuggets are solid teams but the Warriors can use that series to integrate KD and still win no problem, imo.

Best approach is to play all players on reduced minutes together like you would normally so they get readjusted.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating ATL 2x may not be necessary if Boston loses to Charlotte tomorrow. I'm really hoping Boston win and the Cavs are forced to play both games vs Atlanta. The Heat only path to the playoffs is looking like through Atlanta. Need to aim for 3-1 and hope ATL goes 1-3 which is very possible once the Cavs play both games.

If the Heat don't make the playoffs it'll be Riley & Whiteside's fault.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating ATL 2x may not be necessary if Boston loses to Charlotte tomorrow. I'm really hoping Boston win and the Cavs are forced to play both games vs Atlanta. The Heat only path to the playoffs is looking like through Atlanta. Need to aim for 3-1 and hope ATL goes 1-3 which is very possible once the Cavs play both games.

Good point, I didn't think of that. If Cavs win tonight and Celts lose tomorrow, the Cavs would probably pack it in.

Yeah, with the schedule left for the Bulls and Pacers... I think the best shot for Miami is for either the Hawks and/or Bucks. If one of those two teams loses out Miami only needs to split last 4.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd play the starters about 15-20 minutes just so they can get KD reintegrated and not have to do it in the playoffs.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft this year should be interesting. If I remember correctly don't the Celtics have the Nets 1st round pick? If so I just don't seem them taking Lonzo & that should really piss Lavar off. There's not enough duct tape in the country to keep his big mouth shut.

Boston taking him would be awesome. You know Boston fans love having race thrown in their face.

But you're probably right that Boston wouldn't take him. Now imagine that Los Angeles loses their pick to the 76ers. The Top 8 would look something like: Boston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Orlando, New York, Minnesota, Sacramento.

Not sure if Phoenix, Orlando, Minnesota, or Sacramento are big enough markets for him. He'd have to share the spotlight in Philadelphia. Boston has tons of guards. Suddenly, LaVar Ball is going to be saying he'll only sign with the Knicks and Lonzo falls to them at 5-6-7.

The biggest question for me is whether Boston would consider trading out of the 1-spot (assuming they get it). Philadelphia could offer #3 and some combination of Okafor and other draft picks. But I guess that's jumping the gun a bit. My bigger hope is that Colangelo will get Silver to "rig" the lottery again (no, I don't think that happened but you know if the 76ers win the lottery this year that people will make that claim.)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd play the starters about 15-20 minutes just so they can get KD reintegrated and not have to do it in the playoffs.

KD has rested enough this season. That lazy fuker better play all 48 minutes these last 3 games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston taking him would be awesome. You know Boston fans love having race thrown in their face.

But you're probably right that Boston wouldn't take him. Now imagine that Los Angeles loses their pick to the 76ers. The Top 8 would look something like: Boston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Orlando, New York, Minnesota, Sacramento.

Not sure if Phoenix, Orlando, Minnesota, or Sacramento are big enough markets for him. He'd have to share the spotlight in Philadelphia. Boston has tons of guards. Suddenly, LaVar Ball is going to be saying he'll only sign with the Knicks and Lonzo falls to them at 5-6-7.

The biggest question for me is whether Boston would consider trading out of the 1-spot (assuming they get it). Philadelphia could offer #3 and some combination of Okafor and other draft picks. But I guess that's jumping the gun a bit. My bigger hope is that Colangelo will get Silver to "rig" the lottery again (no, I don't think that happened but you know if the 76ers win the lottery this year that people will make that claim.)
I couldnt imagine Philly adding 2 top 5 picks in this draft with how loaded it is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, I didn't think of that. If Cavs win tonight and Celts lose tomorrow, the Cavs would probably pack it in.

Yeah, with the schedule left for the Bulls and Pacers... I think the best shot for Miami is for either the Hawks and/or Bucks. If one of those two teams loses out Miami only needs to split last 4.

Well the Bucks play Philly and that team been tanking for quite a while so yeah ATL is the only path unless Indy drops a surprising game and lose to ATL on the last day of the season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just want the Celtics to get better. This current core of players hasn't even won a playoff series yet. Hopefully Ainge makes the right moves though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldnt imagine Philly adding 2 top 5 picks in this draft with how loaded it is.

It's all I think about. Earlier in the season, the thought was Embiid/Simmons/Covington/Monk/Fultz with Saric/Holmes/Okafor/McConnell sprinkled in. We'll see how it plays out. I think that team is a legitimate playoff team. Sure, they wouldn't contend for a title but I think they'd be a difficult matchup and they'd be really, really good in 2019, 2020, 2021, etc.

I don't personally want Ball . . . but I love that this draft has good guards. If the 76ers can land two top-5 spots, there are just so many options for them to address the biggest need for their roster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Heat don't make the playoffs it'll be Riley & Whiteside's fault.

Well the Bucks play Philly and that team been tanking for quite a while so yeah ATL is the only path unless Indy drops a surprising game and lose to ATL on the last day of the season.

I'm accepting the probability that we finish 9th based on the rest of the 3 teams schedules.
The home loss to Knicks will probably end up being fatal.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the Celtics to get better. This current core of players hasn't even won a playoff series yet. Hopefully Ainge makes the right moves though.

I think their team this year is better than in year's past. That being said, I'm still not sure they have a true superstar. I mean, Thomas is great and I'm a big Avery Bradley fan (I was really hoping for that rumored Noel-for-Bradley trade to happen) -- but they don't have a guy like LeBron or Durant and that'll kill them in the end. If Jaylen Brown turned into Harrison Barnes as far as value, I could see them making a Warriors-like run. They're well-positioned. So we'll see. But yeah, Ainge has to make the right moves for them to get over the top. Don't see it happening this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all I think about. Earlier in the season, the thought was Embiid/Simmons/Covington/Monk/Fultz with Saric/Holmes/Okafor/McConnell sprinkled in. We'll see how it plays out. I think that team is a legitimate playoff team. Sure, they wouldn't contend for a title but I think they'd be a difficult matchup and they'd be really, really good in 2019, 2020, 2021, etc.

I don't personally want Ball . . . but I love that this draft has good guards. If the 76ers can land two top-5 spots, there are just so many options for them to address the biggest need for their roster.
Getting like Fultz and Monk would be RIDICULOUS.

thats your back court for the next 6-7 years to add toa that badass front court.

Itll take a couple years to get them developed and on the same page- but damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.