• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a Horford fan. At best he is a 4th option on a good team.
this is where i think you need to have your head examined and are the biggest prisoner of the moment on this site i have ever seen.

Horford was at LEAST the 2nd option on a Hawks team that won 60+ games and got to the Conference Finals. I mean, i seriously dont know if you are serious with this 4th option or its just hyperbole.

Hey- i think Horford is overpaid as well- esp. for his age--- but a 4th option? lol cmon. give me a break.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where i think you need to have your head examined and are the biggest prisoner of the moment on this site i have ever seen.

Horford was at LEAST the 2nd option on a Hawks team that won 60+ games and got to the Conference Finals. I mean, i seriously dont know if you are serious with this 4th option or its just hyperbole.

Hey- i think Horford is overpaid as well- esp. for his age--- but a 4th option? lol cmon. give me a break.

What star did the Hawks have on their team? It was a collection of role players who played great as a group.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What star did the Hawks have on their team? It was a collection of role players who played great as a group.
their biggest "star" was probably Milsap-a multi time all star--- and 2nd was prob. Horford.

I mean- they also had Korver and Teague.

If Horford is used properly he is a damn good player- a smart player, efficient, can do a lot of things-----

and like i said- to a certain extent i agree--- ideally is Horford a "max guy? ehhh I would say no- but i also think they havent used him ideally in Boston either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their biggest "star" was probably Milsap-a multi time all star--- and 2nd was prob. Horford.

I mean- they also had Korver and Teague.

If Horford is used properly he is a damn good player- a smart player, efficient, can do a lot of things-----

and like i said- to a certain extent i agree--- ideally is Horford a "max guy? ehhh I would say no- but i also think they havent used him ideally in Boston either.

He's a decent player but he's not winning you a title and is far from a max player. Can you name one thing he does really well?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice job by the Hawks beating Boston yesterday.

Now the Cavs are up 1.5 games AND own the tiebreaker. Should give them some wiggle room to rest some guys without having to care too much about the 1 seed.

I wonder how the CAvs will approach these last 4 games.

2 against Atlanta, 1 against Miami, 1 against Toronto.----

if anything i think they should prioritize rest and sitting Kyrie and LeBron for 2 of those games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice job by the Hawks beating Boston yesterday.

Now the Cavs are up 1.5 games AND own the tiebreaker. Should give them some wiggle room to rest some guys without having to care too much about the 1 seed.

I wonder how the CAvs will approach these last 4 games.

2 against Atlanta, 1 against Miami, 1 against Toronto.----

if anything i think they should prioritize rest and sitting Kyrie and LeBron for 2 of those games.

They obviously will play tonight. Then depending on what happens with Boston/Charlotte on Saturday night, they may play on Sunday.

If they clinch the top seed before their next game with Atlanta, my guess is they pick 1 game to play them over the final 3. Obviously the last game of the year is out of the picture so basically Lue likely decides which game he will play them in. Either in ATL or in MIA

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a decent player but he's not winning you a title and is far from a max player. Can you name one thing he does really well?
well of course Al Horford isnt gonna be the #1 on a title team.

but what does "far from" a max player mean?

In a world where Mozgov and Mahimi are getting 16M a year---where Dwight makes 24 million a year, what should Horford get?

I mean- he makes 26.5 this year. I agree- thats on the surface absurd.

but what isnt absurd?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a world where Mozgov and Mahimi are getting 16M a year---where Dwight makes 24 million a year, what should Horford get?

but what isnt absurd?

Point is I don't think any of those other 3 players deserved the contract they got either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is I don't think any of those other 3 players deserved the contract they got either.
yes and you also said you think there are only a handful of true max players in the league.

its going to take an open mind to adjust to the new normal in the NBA--- but this is the new normal. You cant think of it in just dollars--- just wipe that off the table. Look at it a a % of the cap.

Is Horford making the same % of the cap that he would have under a different CBA a few years ago? if the answer is yes- the contract isnt crazy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a clown. Maybe if his son would have shot better than 4-10 & 1-6 from downtown the Bruins would have won. Lavar Ball invented twitter.

And maybe if his son would not have got lit up like a Christmas Tree by Fox, they would have had a chance at winning.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were bringing up that Fox kid yesterday on BSpn. now I wish I would've saw the game...

said the kid was almost lightning quick...

The draft this year should be interesting. If I remember correctly don't the Celtics have the Nets 1st round pick? If so I just don't seem them taking Lonzo & that should really piss Lavar off. There's not enough duct tape in the country to keep his big mouth shut.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but what isnt absurd?

Just beat ATL twice... then they'll be locked up at #1 and can rest for a full week before the playoffs start.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Kerr manages these last 3 home games.

Its gonna be a trade-off of getting KD integrated into the starting lineup vs resting and protecting his players with nothing left to play for.

I think if it were me I'd err on the side of rest and health. The Blazers and Nuggets are solid teams but the Warriors can use that series to integrate KD and still win no problem, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just beat ATL twice... then they'll be locked up at #1 and can rest for a full week before the playoffs start.

Beating ATL 2x may not be necessary if Boston loses to Charlotte tomorrow. I'm really hoping Boston win and the Cavs are forced to play both games vs Atlanta. The Heat only path to the playoffs is looking like through Atlanta. Need to aim for 3-1 and hope ATL goes 1-3 which is very possible once the Cavs play both games.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft this year should be interesting. If I remember correctly don't the Celtics have the Nets 1st round pick? If so I just don't seem them taking Lonzo & that should really piss Lavar off. There's not enough duct tape in the country to keep his big mouth shut.

meh, I dunno. white people are kinda whacky...oh wait, i'm married to a white people. oops, better take this down before she sees this...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.