• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get a chance to comment on the Javale McGee incident, so I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

What Javale did was NOT wrong in my eyes. However, the Draymond Green three just before that was out of line. If anything the Wizard's should have been pissed at that, and not the Javale shot. Here's why:

1) Draymond's 3 was a clear hunting for that triple double. The reason you could say this definitively is because he shot the ball with double digit seconds remaining in the shot clock. With under a minute to go, you should be running the clock down and getting up a shot in the last 5 seconds of the clock. He did not do this and his 3 was not only unnecessary, but in poor taste.

2) Javale's shot happened with a discrepancy in the shot clock and game clock. It's like in the NFL when you're obviously going to win, but there is too much time for the game to run out, you still run the ball to try to get another first down so that you can run out the game. Taking that last shot I have no problem with because a turnover is still a turnover. It wasn't a high percentage shot. It wasn't a high flying dunk. It was a low percentage shot, by a low percentage shooter. You let him take the shot and then the opposition can run out the clock. It was also late in the shot clock as well.

3) The Wizards could have run more clock out on their possession as well, so that they could let the Warriors run out the clock at the end, which they would have.

4) Why is there no issue of guys in garbage time trying to pad their stats by scoring in 7 seconds when the winning team plays no defense? So it's ok for the Warriors just allow the Wizards to score whenever they want, but the Warriors can't opt to not take a turnover at the end of the game? It goes both ways.

5) If the Wizards, ran out their clock and took a turnover, I would say the Warriors should be inclined to do the same thing. Since they didn't and tried to score again, it's on them for not running out more time and not submitting to defeat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? hes done for the season?

I mean after tomorrow, there's only 4 games left. We need a lot of shit to happen to have a chance after tomorrow. For one we need Indy and Charlotte to lose tonight and we also need to win tomorrow vs Charlotte and hope Milwaukee knocks off Indy tomorrow as well but Indy lose two home games in a row seems highly unlikely.

BUT if that does happen, we would have a solid chance of making it. We would be 2 losses up on Indy which is essentially 3 losses (due to the TB) & we would be 3 losses up on Charlotte. Sounds nice but I doubt it plays out that way.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean after tomorrow, there's only 4 games left. We need a lot of shit to happen to have a chance after tomorrow. For one we need Indy and Charlotte to lose tonight and we also need to win tomorrow vs Charlotte and hope Milwaukee knocks off Indy tomorrow as well but Indy lose two home games in a row seems highly unlikely.

BUT if that does happen, we would have a solid chance of making it. We would be 2 losses up on Indy which is essentially 3 losses (due to the TB) & we would be 3 losses up on Charlotte. Sounds nice but I doubt it plays out that way.

My head just exploded.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're over thinking it

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're my new best friend of all time......of ever.

tumblr_lqkqbo44o41qaer07o1_500.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uh what?

there is 4 games left and right now you are in playoff position.

are you just panicking? does tomorrows game count for extra?

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get a chance to comment on the Javale McGee incident, so I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

What Javale did was NOT wrong in my eyes. However, the Draymond Green three just before that was out of line. If anything the Wizard's should have been pissed at that, and not the Javale shot. Here's why:

1) Draymond's 3 was a clear hunting for that triple double. The reason you could say this definitively is because he shot the ball with double digit seconds remaining in the shot clock. With under a minute to go, you should be running the clock down and getting up a shot in the last 5 seconds of the clock. He did not do this and his 3 was not only unnecessary, but in poor taste.

2) Javale's shot happened with a discrepancy in the shot clock and game clock. It's like in the NFL when you're obviously going to win, but there is too much time for the game to run out, you still run the ball to try to get another first down so that you can run out the game. Taking that last shot I have no problem with because a turnover is still a turnover. It wasn't a high percentage shot. It wasn't a high flying dunk. It was a low percentage shot, by a low percentage shooter. You let him take the shot and then the opposition can run out the clock. It was also late in the shot clock as well.

3) The Wizards could have run more clock out on their possession as well, so that they could let the Warriors run out the clock at the end, which they would have.

4) Why is there no issue of guys in garbage time trying to pad their stats by scoring in 7 seconds when the winning team plays no defense? So it's ok for the Warriors just allow the Wizards to score whenever they want, but the Warriors can't opt to not take a turnover at the end of the game? It goes both ways.

5) If the Wizards, ran out their clock and took a turnover, I would say the Warriors should be inclined to do the same thing. Since they didn't and tried to score again, it's on them for not running out more time and not submitting to defeat.
I saw that Durant is gonna play soon.

Did he go and visit Pope Francis or something?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh what?

there is 4 games left and right now you are in playoff position.

are you just panicking? does tomorrows game count for extra?

If you're that stupid to not see the significance in a Heat win tomorrow & losses the next two nights by the Pacers & Hornets then I can't help you.

I will put this in bold letters for you.

IF BOTH THE PACERS & HORNETS LOSE BOTH GAMES THEY HAVE TONIGHT & TOMORROW WHILE THE HEAT WIN THEIR GAME ON WED THEN THE HEAT ARE ALMOST GUARANTEED A PLAYOFFS SPOT DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS.

1) THEY WOULD HAVE A 3 GAME LEAD IN THE LOSS COLUMN OVER INDY DUE TO THE H2H TIEBREAKER.

2) THEY WOULD HAVE 3 FEWER LOSSES THAN CHARLOTTE.

3) SO BASICALLY MIAMI WOULD BE UP 3 LOSSES ON BOTH TEAMS WITH 4 GAMES REMAINING WHILE THE PACERS & HORNETS WOULD HAVE 3 GAMES LEFT. PRETTY MUCH MEANING THEY BOTH WOULD HAVE TO GO PERFECT WHILE MIAMI WOULD NEED TO LOSE OUT.

Now let's look at the other side. Let's say both teams go 1-1 and Miami loses to charlotte, now let's look how this changes things.

1) Miami would be even in losses with Indy & would have 1 less L than Charlotte who wins the tiebreaker.

Now do you see why the scenario above is so huge? As I said it is unlikely it plays out that way but if it does happens then the Heat are almost locked into a playoffs spot.

Making up 3 games with 3 to go is almost unheard of.

Understand now?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We just have to play even up with Pacers.
Nothing more. Nothing less.
It's a 4 game season and we own the tiebreaker.
If Hornets win out, who knows?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're that stupid to not see the significance in a Heat win tomorrow & losses the next two nights by the Pacers & Hornets then I can't help you.

I will put this in bold letters for you.

IF BOTH THE PACERS & HORNETS LOSE BOTH GAMES THEY HAVE TONIGHT & TOMORROW WHILE THE HEAT WIN THEIR GAME ON WED THEN THE HEAT ARE ALMOST GUARANTEED A PLAYOFFS SPOT DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS.

1) THEY WOULD HAVE A 3 GAME LEAD IN THE LOSS COLUMN OVER INDY DUE TO THE H2H TIEBREAKER.

2) THEY WOULD HAVE 3 FEWER LOSSES THAN CHARLOTTE.

3) SO BASICALLY MIAMI WOULD BE UP 3 LOSSES ON BOTH TEAMS WITH 4 GAMES REMAINING WHILE THE PACERS & HORNETS WOULD HAVE 3 GAMES LEFT. PRETTY MUCH MEANING THEY BOTH WOULD HAVE TO GO PERFECT WHILE MIAMI WOULD NEED TO LOSE OUT.

Now let's look at the other side. Let's say both teams go 1-1 and Miami loses to charlotte, now let's look how this changes things.

1) Miami would be even in losses with Indy & would have 1 less L than Charlotte who wins the tiebreaker.

Now do you see why the scenario above is so huge? As I said it is unlikely it plays out that way but if it does happens then the Heat are almost locked into a playoffs spot.

Making up 3 games with 3 to go is almost unheard of.

Understand now?

Still too much work, I'm with Wiggy

tenor.gif

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Durant is gonna play soon.

Did he go and visit Pope Francis or something?

Nope, just ahead of schedule.

Look at you all worried about Durant's injury. That's cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.