• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude- i gotta say- over your last 100 posts- at least 70% of them are directed at me and or the Cavs.

lol...objectively...thats REAL REAL creepy man. Its like you dont even like talking about basketball- you just like to comment on my comments. REAL CREEPY.....Im just saying- i would prob. expect that out of a teenager or something, but a grown man? I mean- do i seriously own you that completely where so much of your time is dedicated to me? i mean- holy shit dude....

I think this is a PRETTY good sign you need a hobby....because right now your hobby seems to be following me around and responding to what i say on an internet message forum--- hey- to each their own- it would be flattering if it wasnt so GD creepy.

somehwere in the United States is a grown man who is obssessed with what i say on an internet forum- sitting at his computer and waiting for me to post so he can respond- which amount to a VAST majority of his posts.

I gotta say- the more i think about it- the more it really fucking creeps me out.

:yawning:

still mad you can't shut me up? keep trying....

:finger2:BITCH...:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All BS aside....if he loses, Wiggy will be a man. Lord knows we've had our disagreements but he'll pay up and switch his avy. I'm positive @Mecca will agree with me....

Given his history here...I'll have to see it to believe it. If it happens and he honors the bet, I'll be first in line to give him credit for it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe it or not i actually did that once(well, i didn't lose my car keys). drank straight Vodka on a dare...

dumb...

AFTER paying the price i just said to myself there's no way i'd EVER consider this "fun", especially since i had a hard time getting past the taste of alcohol anyways...

needless to say, it ain't for everybody...

My goal was to quit drinking by my 40th birthday. But I started getting tired of drinking in May of 2011 so I just gave it up a couple of months early. Can't say I miss it either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawning:

still mad you can't shut me up? keep trying....

:finger2:BITCH...:lol:
you know what- ithink its time. Its just getting a little too weird for me....having someone dedicate the vast majority of their posts to responding to me on an internet forum is just a little too creepy.....

plenty of people respond- such as @trojanfan12 just did to my post about the Celtics/Lakers above and actually had a reasonable basketball argument-----

something that you 100% totally lack.

yah....its time. I hate putting people on ignore- the only person that I EVER have is Shaqdaddy- and it was for the same reason i wll be doing the same with you---- it came down to the vast majority of her posts were dedicated towards me and had nothing to do with basketball.

On the bright side- you have made an exclusive list- population 2. I hope you find something worthy to spend your new-found time on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goal was to quit drinking by my 40th birthday. But I started getting tired of drinking in May of 2011 so I just gave it up a couple of months early. Can't say I miss it either.
i still drink here or there---- but man- it just wrecks havoc on your body after a certain point. I have enough stomach issues as it is.

Ill still have a cocktail or a glass of whine here or there- but i havent gotten bombed in a while- i maybe get bombed 2-3 times a year max now adays

there were times in college we would all drink 4-5 times a freaking week! lol. thsoe days are LONG LONG gone let me tell ya. Not worth it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO correct me if i'm wrong, but CitySushi tried to bet WiggityWack WEEKS ago not knowing if the Dubs were gonna get to the finals at full strength...

fairly certain HE'S a Warriors fan...

Yeah, this "I'll only bet if..." crap is some seriously pussy crap. A bet is offered, you accept it or don't. No conditions.

I lost a decent chunk of change (at least it was a decent chunk for me at the time) when the Lakers lost to the Bad Boys when Byron and Magic went down with injuries. The bet was made at the beginning of the playoffs and there were no "if they're healthy" conditions.

Injuries are part of the game. I mean, what happens if a player gets injured during the series? Do you call the bet off?

Worst part of the whole thing was I lost the money to a fucking Celtics fan. :L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given his history here...I'll have to see it to believe it. If it happens and he honors the bet, I'll be first in line to give him credit for it.
ive made the most bets on this entire basketball forum over the last 2 years and have followed through with everyone of them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still drink here or there---- but man- it just wrecks havoc on your body after a certain point. I have enough stomach issues as it is.

Ill still have a cocktail or a glass of whine here or there- but i havent gotten bombed in a while- i maybe get bombed 2-3 times a year max now adays

there were times in college we would all drink 4-5 times a freaking week! lol. thsoe days are LONG LONG gone let me tell ya. Not worth it.

I was a heavy drinker for years (Budweiser & top shelf tequila) & have dealt w/ acid reflux in the past. I just got to the point where my long term health was more important than any alcoholic beverage.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what- ithink its time. Its just getting a little too weird for me....having someone dedicate the vast majority of their posts to responding to me on an internet forum is just a little too creepy.....

plenty of people respond- such as @trojanfan12 just did to my post about the Celtics/Lakers above and actually had a reasonable basketball argument-----

something that you 100% totally lack.

yah....its time. I hate putting people on ignore- the only person that I EVER have is Shaqdaddy- and it was for the same reason i wll be doing the same with you---- it came down to the vast majority of her posts were dedicated towards me and had nothing to do with basketball.

On the bright side- you have made an exclusive list- population 2. I hope you find something worthy to spend your new-found time on.

yaaaaawwwwnnnnn.

never seen a guy try soooooo much reverse psychology to shut someone down. i mean, there's always the ignore option...

guess it goes to show that some people HATE having their character flaws exposed. but have no fear little fella. everyone sees the same in you...

DO keep trying...

:finger2:BITCH :finger2::lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a heavy drinker for years (Budweiser & top shelf tequila) & have dealt w/ acid reflux in the past. I just got to the point where my long term health was more important than any alcoholic beverage.
no doubt- i had the acid reflux and had my gall-bladder removed a few years ago...its just too rough....plus- it just costs a lot of $ and makes you gain unneccesary weight- esp. drinking beer.

shit- i could drink a 12 pack of beer before even going out in college- EASY. That was "pre-game"....if i did that now i would literally probably die. lol.

aging is a bitch huh? hahaha

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this "I'll only bet if..." crap is some seriously pussy crap. A bet is offered, you accept it or don't. No conditions.

I lost a decent chunk of change (at least it was a decent chunk for me at the time) when the Lakers lost to the Bad Boys when Byron and Magic went down with injuries. The bet was made at the beginning of the playoffs and there were no "if they're healthy" conditions.

Injuries are part of the game. I mean, what happens if a player gets injured during the series? Do you call the bet off?

Worst part of the whole thing was I lost the money to a fucking Celtics fan. :L

thank you, all i was saying...

let's see if WiggityWack gives YOU a rainbow for it, the little punk-ass bitch...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better chance at winning a title...

Indians or Cavs?

i think thats a very interesting question.......baseball is so random in the playoffs- id PROB side with the Cavs since the Cavs have are if not guaranteed- are heavy favorites to make the Finals---- and you cant say the Indians are "heavy favorites" just to make the WS because baseball doesnt work like that----- but the World Series is definitely more random then the NBA Finals.....

I dunno- thought that was an interesting question i heard on the radio on the way in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*one great top 20 player away like a Butle or George--- thats an important distinction.

I dont know why keeping a top 3 pick would be "at the expense of developing the guys" ---- why would those things be mutually exclusive?

The top 20 player part is assumed. It's not like they can trade for Deng or Mozgov (I wish Ainge was that stupid lol) and hope to unseat the Cavs.

They're not necessarily mutually exclusive, but the "tanking" comes from trading away vets like Lou Williams and benching other vets like Deng and Mozgov and putting it all on the kids.

The idea is that because the young guys are still learning the game, they are going to lose...a lot and that helps the team to tank and get better draft position.

However, if they show signs of developing and that development results in more wins which ultimately costs you some ping pong balls, you just have to accept it and be happy that they figured some things out and built some positive momentum going into next season.

In the Lakers case, they have struggled mightily with learning how to close out tight games. The game a week or so ago vs. the Cavs was a perfect example. They outplayed the Cavs for about 3.5 quarters of the game. But, they got down to the last 5 minutes or so and the Cavs gave them a textbook lesson on how you close games.

Fast forward to the Memphis game. They are once again in a close game late vs. a playoff team. They appear to apply some of the lessons they hopefully learned from the Cavs game and they win. You can't say "Oh my God we might win this thing" and start putting in the guys from the end of the bench. You just have to be happy with the development, even though it may cost you some ping pong balls.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Cavs will rest anyone tonight....im gonna go to the game with one of my brothers.....should be a good game to go watch against the Magic---- and with the offday yesterday i wouldnt anticipate anyone sitting---- but with the Boston game tomorrow and the really heavy schedule they have had-do have going forward--- i wouldnt be surprised.

Ill tell ya-

the one thing that impressed me about Kyrie in that Pacers game was his ability to help while he wasnt really feeling it. He went 5/20 from the field and didnt look taht great---- - but he was able to get to the free throw line, and went 11/11 from it.

I think thats a good sign. Early on in Kyrie's career if he wasnt hot from the field his ability to impact the game was very very little.

Now--- he had 7 assists in that game- and gets to the line and goes 11/11.....its a good sign that as he ages and comes closer to his prime that he can find other ways to impact the game then just his scoring prowess.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it and trust me I understand.....you've not had the experiences I've had with him and all.....if he loses......he'll honor it. I'd go as far as to say if he doesn't, I'd honor the bet in his place.

Don't disappoint me, Wiggy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 20 player part is assumed. It's not like they can trade for Deng or Mozgov (I wish Ainge was that stupid lol) and hope to unseat the Cavs.

They're not necessarily mutually exclusive, but the "tanking" comes from trading away vets like Lou Williams and benching other vets like Deng and Mozgov and putting it all on the kids.

The idea is that because the young guys are still learning the game, they are going to lose...a lot and that helps the team to tank and get better draft position.

However, if they show signs of developing and that development results in more wins which ultimately costs you some ping pong balls, you just have to accept it and be happy that they figured some things out and built some positive momentum going into next season.

In the Lakers case, they have struggled mightily with learning how to close out tight games. The game a week or so ago vs. the Cavs was a perfect example. They outplayed the Cavs for about 3.5 quarters of the game. But, they got down to the last 5 minutes or so and the Cavs gave them a textbook lesson on how you close games.

Fast forward to the Memphis game. They are once again in a close game late vs. a playoff team. They appear to apply some of the lessons they hopefully learned from the Cavs game and they win. You can't say "Oh my God we might win this thing" and start putting in the guys from the end of the bench. You just have to be happy with the development, even though it may cost you some ping pong balls.
well shit- at this point- the Lakers are and have been locked in as either the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league....5 games seperates them from anyone else....difference between 2nd and 3rd worst is less than 10% change in the lotto....and regardless- even if they were the 5th or 6th worst--- it just comes down to the ping pong balls anyway and getting lucky.

If they get lucky- they have a stud player-- or shit- its not like the Pacers would turn them down for the 3rd pick if the Lakers wanted George instead.

I mean- you would have to agreee that getting a LaVar Ball- or an asset like the 3rd pick to make a trade for a stud would accelerate the rebuilding process in a major way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name the bet- ill bet you he doesnt go to Miami. I think he will either A. stay in Utah, B. go to the Celtics, or C. go to the Lakers.

Propose the bet to Sirius.
First I heard or thought of it.

I will bet that you won't bet on the Cavs to win it all today though.

Did you answer why James is playing in back to back, 2 days after playing 52 in games you claim don't matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.