• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Cavs chemistry was sound being that this was their 3rd year together. Didn't realize that Love being out was making them a significantly worst defensive team. Guess Love should be a candidate for DPOY. Strange times, brethern.
well you have to dig a little here

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

look at that-- its not a great stat but it gives you an idea--- right there they have Kevin Love - if you take out the bench players- as the 5th ranked PF defensively in the NBA.

its obviously not because he is a great individual defender--- he is not a rim protector thats for sure--- and if you say there is no fucking way he is the 5th best defensive PF i nthe game- i would 100% agree with you.

why the metrics love Love's game on the defensive side is for one simple reason: His defensive rebounding.

The best example of this I could possibly give is the game the Cavs lost to Houston where they gave up the most offensive rebounds in the league this season.

The Cavs lost that game by 5, and gave up an INSANE 20 offensive rebounds. All those 2nd chances led to a shit ton of extra points. All those 2nd chances and extra possessions are HUGELY HUGELY effected by Frye playing instead of Love.

I mean- quite simply- Love is one of the best rebounders in the NBA- without a question top 10- probably better....and he is ESPECIALLY great at defensive rebounding- which prevents the other team from getting multiple 2nd chance shots and scoring more points.

Is Kevin Love a top 5 defender among starting power forwards? HELL NO. Of course not. Does he have a big impact on the Cavs defense? obviously he does

CavsLoveTable-1024x280.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Sirius Radio reported this morning that IF Hayward leaves Utah his preferred destination is Miami.
name the bet- ill bet you he doesnt go to Miami. I think he will either A. stay in Utah, B. go to the Celtics, or C. go to the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hayward leaving Utah for Miami wouldn't make much sense from a basketball perspective. The Heat are scraping by at the bottom of the Eastern Conference playoff race, which is seen as a pleasant surprise given their roster composition," Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway said in his article.

....On the other hand, the Jazz are currently fourth in the Western Conference standings and that's with Derrick Favors struggling the entire season. If he's healthy next season he should help them get more wins. Rudy Gobert has also developed into one of the best centers in the league.

If Hayward really wants to leave Utah to sign with a legitimate championship contender, he may as well join his college coach, Brad Stevens, at Boston.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hayward leaving Utah for Miami wouldn't make much sense from a basketball perspective. The Heat are scraping by at the bottom of the Eastern Conference playoff race, which is seen as a pleasant surprise given their roster composition," Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway said in his article.

....On the other hand, the Jazz are currently fourth in the Western Conference standings and that's with Derrick Favors struggling the entire season. If he's healthy next season he should help them get more wins. Rudy Gobert has also developed into one of the best centers in the league.

If Hayward really wants to leave Utah to sign with a legitimate championship contender, he may as well join his college coach, Brad Stevens, at Boston.

We'll see. As I said before there are several factors players consider when going from one team to a next. That's what people like you don't realize

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. As I said before there are several factors players consider when going from one team to a next. That's what people like you don't realize
there are a variety of factors?

lol...i think thats pretty apparent. I mean- thats not exactly a profound assertion there. You can say that about practically anything.

We will see though in a few short months.

i do think the Heat will try and spend their cap space this summer before TJ's contract jumps and eats up an additional 12M in space though.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking of going to the game tonight vs. Orlando......should be relatively easy to get tickets i think...beautiful day out...get out of the office a lil early- get some dinner and go to the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you have to dig a little here

look at that-- its not a great stat but it gives you an idea--- right there they have Kevin Love - if you take out the bench players- as the 5th ranked PF defensively in the NBA.

its obviously not because he is a great individual defender--- he is not a rim protector thats for sure--- and if you say there is no fucking way he is the 5th best defensive PF i nthe game- i would 100% agree with you.

why the metrics love Love's game on the defensive side is for one simple reason: His defensive rebounding.

The best example of this I could possibly give is the game the Cavs lost to Houston where they gave up the most offensive rebounds in the league this season.

The Cavs lost that game by 5, and gave up an INSANE 20 offensive rebounds. All those 2nd chances led to a shit ton of extra points. All those 2nd chances and extra possessions are HUGELY HUGELY effected by Frye playing instead of Love.

I mean- quite simply- Love is one of the best rebounders in the NBA- without a question top 10- probably better....and he is ESPECIALLY great at defensive rebounding- which prevents the other team from getting multiple 2nd chance shots and scoring more points.

Is Kevin Love a top 5 defender among starting power forwards? HELL NO. Of course not. Does he have a big impact on the Cavs defense? obviously he does

CavsLoveTable-1024x280.png

It's crazy that he does, I don't have an explanation why. I figured he would help offensively and especially with rebounding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward would be a great get though. He is exactly the type of player the Heat--- and really- a lot of teams- need.

I always thought he would look at the Lakers--- but the Lakers might be more focused on trying to get George in the long term.

I always though Boston was the natural fit for Heyward as they are ready to compete- Stevens is the coach etc.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, @TurnUpTheHeat.....you were the only one to take the under 154 on the game last night....good shot!!!!

I took the over.....expected a higher scoring game.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

the magic posted this pic to twitter, not realizing their was a whiteboard in the background of all of their trade/FA targets!

V7FHfKM.jpg

Um, Wiggy? Explanation please?

Just fucking with you, man.....life's too short. Laugh and live.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy that he does, I don't have an explanation why. I figured he would help offensively and especially with rebounding.
the stat geeks really put a lot of emphasis on defensive rebounding as a key metric to good defense...

i mean it makes senses to a certain extent---- we saw in the playoffs the last 2 years how back-breaking an offensive rebound can be. How many times did we see a team like the Raptors or Bulls or Celtics or Warriors or Pistons or Hawks play GREAT defense for 24 seconds- get a "stop" only to see Tristan grab an offensive rebound in between 3 guys and get the Cavs a new 24?

Those are back-breaking plays. Its really unfathomable to me that the Cavs gave up TWENTY (20) offensive rebounds against Houston. If they just give up TEN--- that 5 point loss is probably at least a 5 point win.

that shit really adds up.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know......right? He's being a little bitch.

Honestly, I forgot about Nos and Ritz until towards the end.

Si36kMh.png
we will be back to #1 on the SportsHoopla list soon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, Wiggy? Explanation please?

Just fucking with you, man.....life's too short. Laugh and live.....
that is some big time incompetency right there.

that guy Hennigan is only 35...id love to blame him for this but it was the idiot agent.....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat are scraping by with a roster that was decimated with injuries to start the season and what most people thought was a complete rebuild job - but here we are. Plus, the Heat have shown they know how to construct a roster to remain competitive and win a title here or there.

When have the Jazz won a title in their history? When are the Spurs, Rockets and Warriors breaking up their teams? Because the Jazz ceiling is the 4th seed and a 2nd round exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.