• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Celtics, would you had gave up your first round pick (likely top pick), & 2-3 more other players to acquire Cousins, George, or Butler?

Probably not... BUT I might be kicking myself right now for not doing so. I only say that because of how vulnerable the Cavs look right now.

At the trade deadline... I wouldn't have felt too great about getting through the Cavs this year - even adding one of those 3 guys. Right now... I'd probably feel pretty good about my chances if I had one of those guys.

But realistically, adding a piece like that takes time and they were unlikely, imo, to break through anyway. So might as well keep the picks and play for the next couple seasons moreso than this one.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops......thought that was the Cavs not the Magic. Par for the course for them.

NM.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington -4 or Charlotte +4 tonight? What are your folks thoughts?

Leaning towards Washington.....wish I could pick them straight up. Damn, SportsHoopla bookie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah absolutely. You think i would pick the Cavs to beat hte Warriors if LEBron or Irving or even Love are out with an injury? We already saw that one....as great as LeBron is-- and he was fucking great--- he cant win by himself.

I wouldnt expect a Warriors fan to bet on them if they had a bunch of injuries either. I mean - i would think thats just plain ole fucking common sense. lol. I mean- if the situation was reversed and year 1 Love and Irving were healthy and Klay Thompson and Draymond were out for the series- i would have bet a fair sum of money on the Cavs. lol. wouldnt you?

i mean forgive me if i am missing something but i didnt think this was ground breaking shit here. We arent exactly trying to split the atom here. right? lol.

Yes, as usual, you're missing something. So apparently, for you, this is as complicated as trying to split the atom. You want to talk shit when someone says that the "If" the Cavs don't fix their defense, they could be in trouble in the playoffs.

You're a hypocrite. Which isn't groundbreaking because everyone already knew that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With you and @ChiefsLakers67 there's no need. I know that you'll both honor your bets.

All BS aside....if he loses, Wiggy will be a man. Lord knows we've had our disagreements but he'll pay up and switch his avy. I'm positive @Mecca will agree with me....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as usual, you're missing something. So apparently, for you, this is as complicated as trying to split the atom. You want to talk shit when someone says that the "If" the Cavs don't fix their defense, they could be in trouble in the playoffs.

You're a hypocrite. Which isn't groundbreaking because everyone already knew that.

DO correct me if i'm wrong, but CitySushi tried to bet WiggityWack WEEKS ago not knowing if the Dubs were gonna get to the finals at full strength...

fairly certain HE'S a Warriors fan...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington -4 or Charlotte +4 tonight? What are your folks thoughts?

Leaning towards Washington.....wish I could pick them straight up. Damn, SportsHoopla bookie.

Washington

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All BS aside....if he loses, Wiggy will be a man. Lord knows we've had our disagreements but he'll pay up and switch his avy. I'm positive @Mecca will agree with me....

neither here nor there if you're too much of a pussy to show any faith until the situation suits you...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither here nor there if you're too much of a pussy to show any faith until the situation suits you...
dude- i gotta say- over your last 100 posts- at least 70% of them are directed at me and or the Cavs.

lol...objectively...thats REAL REAL creepy man. Its like you dont even like talking about basketball- you just like to comment on my comments. REAL CREEPY.....Im just saying- i would prob. expect that out of a teenager or something, but a grown man? I mean- do i seriously own you that completely where so much of your time is dedicated to me? i mean- holy shit dude....

I think this is a PRETTY good sign you need a hobby....because right now your hobby seems to be following me around and responding to what i say on an internet message forum--- hey- to each their own- it would be flattering if it wasnt so GD creepy.

somehwere in the United States is a grown man who is obssessed with what i say on an internet forum- sitting at his computer and waiting for me to post so he can respond- which amount to a VAST majority of his posts.

I gotta say- the more i think about it- the more it really fucking creeps me out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"why should he trade a likely top 3 pick for one of those guys"??

I mean- thats kind of self explanatory right. I would hope you could get there on your own.

Its just very telling to me- in a year where the Cavs have "coasted" through the regular season- and have had multiple long term injuries to starters- Boston was still afraid to make a move and go after the Cavs- preferring for the "long term approach" even though they have ANOTHER Nets pick after this year even.

Ainge is just waiting until LeBron gets old. Its kinda pathetic. lol

I mean- i gotta tell you- if you put Paul George on the Celtics--- that all of a sudden is a series thats not over before it starts.

Its very similar to what I was talking to @trojanfan12 about with the Lakers--- how with the LAkers if they get a top 3 pick- that guy will autmoatically become the most talented guy on the team and allow everyone to fit better into the roles they are best suited for- moving Russell down to a #2, Ingram to a #3, Randle to a #4...etc...

George would A. obviously be a great foil for Lebron, and B. Allow Thomas to be the 2nd best player on the team- a role he is MUUUUUUUCH better suited for on a championship contender, allow Horford to be a 3rd guy--- allow Crowder and Bradley to be 4th and 5th guys.

If the Celtics had George or Butler in that lead role--- then they are a team that has to be taken deadly seriously.

As is?---- you def. are gonna have to play hard and show up- but the talent disparity- is just too much for them to beat the Cavs 4 times out of 7. Just wouldnt happen unless something REALLY REALLY funky occurs.

but alas- Ainge pussied out- and the Cavs have another wide open path to the Finals.

Agree re: the Celtics. Sort of agree re: the Lakers.

An argument can be made that the Celtics are essentially one player away from being able to unseat or at the very least, become a very real threat to the Cavs in the East. Adding a PG-13 or a Jimmy Butler, could very well be what puts them over the edge. Especially since struggling with injuries has been an issue for the Cavs for the past 2-3 years. I get that Ainge is playing the "long game" and is basically biding his time waiting for Lebron to get old, so the Celtics can step in and fill the void. But sometimes, you have to strike while the iron is hot and make a move earlier than you planned. If the Celtics can't keep their young core together, or Lebron doesn't get old fast enough, Ainge could end up kicking himself for not making the move.

As for the Lakers, while keeping the top 3 pick would obviously be preferable. It shouldn't happen at the expense of developing the guys they already have. Also, while the top guys in the upcoming draft are highly rated, there is no guarantee that they automatically become the most talented player on the team. All of the top guys have their flaws.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree re: the Celtics. Sort of agree re: the Lakers.

An argument can be made that the Celtics are essentially one player away from being able to unseat or at the very least, become a very real threat to the Cavs in the East. Adding a PG-13 or a Jimmy Butler, could very well be what puts them over the edge. Especially since struggling with injuries has been an issue for the Cavs for the past 2-3 years. I get that Ainge is playing the "long game" and is basically biding his time waiting for Lebron to get old, so the Celtics can step in and fill the void. But sometimes, you have to strike while the iron is hot and make a move earlier than you planned. If the Celtics can't keep their young core together, or Lebron doesn't get old fast enough, Ainge could end up kicking himself for not making the move.

As for the Lakers, while keeping the top 3 pick would obviously be preferable. It shouldn't happen at the expense of developing the guys they already have. Also, while the top guys in the upcoming draft are highly rated, there is no guarantee that they automatically become the most talented player on the team. All of the top guys have their flaws.
*one great top 20 player away like a Butle or George--- thats an important distinction.

I dont know why keeping a top 3 pick would be "at the expense of developing the guys" ---- why would those things be mutually exclusive?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got tired of puking on your shoes & losing your car keys?:noidea:

believe it or not i actually did that once(well, i didn't lose my car keys). drank straight Vodka on a dare...

dumb...

AFTER paying the price i just said to myself there's no way i'd EVER consider this "fun", especially since i had a hard time getting past the taste of alcohol anyways...

needless to say, it ain't for everybody...

Status
Not open for further replies.