• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are a long way away from even respectability.

All though- they have somehow acquired 8 picks in the 2 top rounds in the next 2 drafts...of course- you actually have to pick the right guys which is a problem. lol

I mean- think about this-- in a draft a couple years ago they had 2 first rounders and took Weeden and Richardson- Weeden is a back up and Richardson is out of the league.

in even a MORe recent draft they had 2 first rounders and took Justin Gilbert and Johhny Manziel--- i think BOTH are out of the league.

how is that even possible? I mean- just based on pure luck you would think you would do a helluva lot better...they literally couldnt have done worse if they tried.

It was actually smart to trade for the 6-6 goon.....they got some nice picks and he'll likely be released, unless some team trades for him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off 1 or 2 bets. Like I said yesterday......BKS and others like myself do this day in and day out......that's a lot harder than getting lucky off bets and not betting again.

Whats even harder is betting and winning with real cash.
You do know vcash is worthless?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are a long way away from even respectability.

All though- they have somehow acquired 8 picks in the 2 top rounds in the next 2 drafts...of course- you actually have to pick the right guys which is a problem. lol

I mean- think about this-- in a draft a couple years ago they had 2 first rounders and took Weeden and Richardson- Weeden is a back up and Richardson is out of the league.

in even a MORe recent draft they had 2 first rounders and took Justin Gilbert and Johhny Manziel--- i think BOTH are out of the league.

how is that even possible? I mean- just based on pure luck you would think you would do a helluva lot better...they literally couldnt have done worse if they tried.

What's really sad about the Clowns is I know the season is over once they play their 1st preseason game.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the highest i was ever clocked at was after my sophomore year during the summer before my junior year in a tournament in cincy where i hit 83. Pitched a no hitter through 5 innings on U of Cincinnati field against a team from Rhode Island.

83 was your heater?

Did you throw a curve or change? Or both?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats even harder is betting and winning with real cash.

Yeah....it's my way of getting gambling out of my system and not losing the rent $. I bet the occasional $20 or $50 when some idiot/nerd at work talks out his ass.....easy money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83 was your heater?

Did you throw a curve or change? Or both?
I didnt throw a change--- i threw a slow curve and a slider....and usuallly my fastball would sit around 78-80 as i usually threw a 2 seamer- which was my best pitch...my 4 seamer had more velocity but was a lot straighter.

I was a pretty big lefty- about 6'1" 220 back then- and had bad mechanics which led to my arm issues--- i would kind of fall off the mound but the arm action would put a lot of movement on my 2 seamer. I would stay closed and being relatively big- i could hide the ball for a long period of time - and esp. to righties- the two seamer would dive away from and make it pretty damn hard to hit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Celtics, would you had gave up your first round pick (likely top pick), & 2-3 more other players to acquire Cousins, George, or Butler?

George or Butler? In a heartbeat.

Cousins? That's a little tougher. He's an extremely talented headcase. If he is the "good Boogie," he could be the guy who puts you over the top. If he's "bad Boogie," he could singlehandedly destroy what you have been building.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt throw a change--- i threw a slow curve and a slider....and usuallly my fastball would sit around 78-80 as i usually threw a 2 seamer- which was my best pitch...my 4 seamer had more velocity but was a lot straighter.

I was a pretty big lefty- about 6'1" 220 back then- and had bad mechanics which led to my arm issues--- i would kind of fall off the mound but the arm action would put a lot of movement on my 2 seamer. I would stay closed and being relatively big- i could hide the ball for a long period of time - and esp. to righties- the two seamer would dive away from and make it pretty damn hard to hit.

Nice. I watched baseball all day Sunday since it was opening day. Gonna watch a lot more games this season and gonna try and take my dad to a few games....gonna find some things to do with the old man, We're also planning some road trips, 1 being to Yellowstone and the other being to DC. He wants to see some stuff in DC.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting his knee replaced today.....gonna go spend a week with him next week before I head to the IE and start my new job.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I watched baseball all day Sunday since it was opening day. Gonna watch a lot more games this season and gonna try and take my dad to a few games....gonna find some things to do with the old man, We're also planning some road trips, 1 being to Yellowstone and the other being to DC. He wants to see some stuff in DC.
Yellowstone would be amazing...

have you ever been to DC before?

2 of my best friends from college live there and i have been a number of times over the last few years....its a weird city...first time you are there you realize its a HUGE city- but there are no buildings over 15 stories tall...its weird to see...

they arent allowed to have any buildings over 15 stories tall because it would block the monuments and gov. buildings from being seen....

its why rent is INSANE in DC......

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Russell, the top 3 pick, and the late 1st rounder to Indy for George in a heartbeat.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yellowstone would be amazing...

have you ever been to DC before?

2 of my best friends from college live there and i have been a number of times over the last few years....its a weird city...first time you are there you realize its a HUGE city- but there are no buildings over 15 stories tall...its weird to see...

they arent allowed to have any buildings over 15 stories tall because it would block the monuments and gov. buildings from being seen....

its why rent is INSANE in DC......

No. I haven't traveled a whole lot. He also wants to go see the Tetons.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 76 and I figure he has another 3-4 years....he's in pretty good overall shape. He has high BP from drinking coffee damn near 24/7 and the bionic knees.....but we aren't promised anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.