• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win by the Twolves tonight.

Towns and Wiggins combined for about 60.

Those guys are still so young. Its not gonna happen over night for them--- but they sure do have the talent on paper....almost too much.

I think they are playing better without LaVine--- if they found the right deal for him for the right ancillary veteran piece id make the move.

Let Dunn take over the point and just feed Wiggins and Towns--- y ou dont need a guy like Lavine taking 12-15 shots a game with Wiggins and Towns.

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes his life more difficult than it should be. Just put the posters you have issues with on ignore. Really simple.

Exactly.

Ya know, now that I think of it, maybe he should come back and post in his usual style. Seeing what @TJL does with 2 punching bags could be very entertaining. :think:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what everyone has said all along. The only thing that's changed at all is that, if they don't get the defense fixed, it just won't be as shocking if they don't make it out.

So we're agreed then, that you will have no reason for one of your posts trying to act like you were the only one who saw it coming. Right?

lol exactly

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what everyone has said all along. The only thing that's changed at all is that, if they don't get the defense fixed, it just won't be as shocking if they don't make it out.

So we're agreed then, that you will have no reason for one of your posts trying to act like you were the only one who saw it coming. Right?
i just think this "defense is gonna be a problem" because they struggled in the regular season will end up being horse shit. We shall see starting in just a couple weeks.

I agree though- no one in their right mind that watches basically would pick against the Cavs in the East.

only team that can beat the Cavs in the East is the Cavs- or a series of serious injuries.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Ya know, now that I think of it, maybe he should come back and post in his usual style. Seeing what @TJL does with 2 punching bags could be very entertaining. :think:
He hasn't even come back and he's already whining like a bitch.

Next hiatus he takes will be permanent if he comes at me

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its hilarious people jumping on the Cavs defense and trying to act like they are "vulnerable" because of some regular season games but of course deep down know it doesnt matter because they are winning the East- regardless.

I think it's hilarious that their defense has not only been bad all season, but has actually gotten worse towards the end of the season and you think it's nothing to be concerned about.

Shit, even Lebron has expressed concern about it. Over the last month, the Cavs defense has been worse than the Lakers.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win by the Twolves tonight.

Towns and Wiggins combined for about 60.

Those guys are still so young. Its not gonna happen over night for them--- but they sure do have the talent on paper....almost too much.

I think they are playing better without LaVine--- if they found the right deal for him for the right ancillary veteran piece id make the move.

Let Dunn take over the point and just feed Wiggins and Towns--- y ou dont need a guy like Lavine taking 12-15 shots a game with Wiggins and Towns.
I took Portland getting +1.5

I won $900 in Monopoly money

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wanna make fun of u if we win again lol

You can do it 30 days later then.
As I knew, another Cavs/James nuthugger, just full of hope but no belief.

Warriors will beat that ass BADLY.
Maybe LeFlop will rethink his Halloween party next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hilarious that their defense has not only been bad all season, but has actually gotten worse towards the end of the season and you think it's nothing to be concerned about.

Shit, even Lebron has expressed concern about it. Over the last month, the Cavs defense has been worse than the Lakers.
LeBron should- hes the leader- but im still waiting on people to say the defense WILL be bad instead MIGHT be bad- because people have learned the hard way that betting against LeBron usually ends up badly.....ESPECIALLY as the Eastern Conference is concerned. lol....I mean shit....this is gonna be 7 in a row.

7 in a row for LeBron if and when the Cavs make it this year. That is freaking UNHEARD of.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I have not logged on to SportsHoopla since Dec. 6th, and frankly, while I do miss dicussing basketball, I'm too old anymore to tolerate this level of drama from unknown persons on the internet. And yes, I'm sure I was tagged in several posts during the trade deadline period when it was rumored that Paul George could be headed to the Lakers, a topic that figures to drag on until George hits free agency. Well, you have my permission to tell those 50-year-old wannabe frat-boys that I don't owe them squat in terms of an explanation on this matter.

I plan on making my return to SportsHoopla at some point during the month of May. That is, of course, assuming anyone wants me back.

-HurricaneDij39

Yay or nay?

What a dramatic little bitch. I don't care for him to come back. He should know full damn well no one likes his ass.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do it 30 days later then.
As I knew, another Cavs/James nuthugger, just full of hope but no belief.

Warriors will beat that ass BADLY.
Maybe LeFlop will rethink his Halloween party next year.
blah blah blah- heard it all last year---- you had y our little victor celebration planned with the Warirors up 3-1 ROOTING against a team becuase your team is so helplessly irrelevant. But then lebron dropped the big ole shit sandwich on ya. ITs okay- i enjoy your hate of LeBron and the Dan Gilbert owned and highest payroll in league history Cleveland Cavaliers- it makes it more fun

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its hilarious people jumping on the Cavs defense and trying to act like they are "vulnerable" because of some regular season games but of course deep down know it doesnt matter because they are winning the East- regardless.

You get used to it though- when you are as good as the Cavs and LeBron are- everyone is always going to look for the crack in the wall.

Ill tell ya- and i know from experience on BOTH accounts- this sure as hell beats watching my team compete for the basement or trying to act like Dion Waiters is some huge difference maker and count on him to be a factor in scrounging at the bottom of the Eastern Conference playoff standings.

Define "good"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is watching this college game? These refs are a joke.

20 total fouls in 11 minutes of play in the 2nd half.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think this "defense is gonna be a problem" because they struggled in the regular season will end up being horse shit. We shall see starting in just a couple weeks.

I agree though- no one in their right mind that watches basically would pick against the Cavs in the East.

only team that can beat the Cavs in the East is the Cavs- or a series of serious injuries.

And no one in their right mind would pick against the Warriors, right?

And series of injuries?
You better pray that James is healthy all the way through.

Call me crazy, but some Cavs look out of shape.
It's hard to repeat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "good"
Defending NBA Champions. Best player in the world in his prime. another top 15 player in the game. another top 25 player. A solid supporting cast. Tons of mental toughness coming off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending NBA Champions. Best player in the world in his prime. another top 15 player in the game. another top 25 player. A solid supporting cast. Tons of mental toughness coming off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA.
Lmfao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no one in their right mind would pick against the Warriors, right?
actually if you want to do it purely statistically- the Warriors having to beat probably both the Spurs and Cavs might be as tough as the Cavs just having to beat one of them- but individually- at least the Warriors if they made it to that point would be favored against hte Cavs--- the Spurs- im not so sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You understand what the term "if they don't get it fixed" means, right? The Cavs defense has been beyond bad. If they play defense in the playoffs the way they have played for pretty much the entire season, they will be in trouble. That's just the facts of playoff basketball.

Can they "flip the switch" and improve enough to get out of the East? Probably. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers did the "flip the switch" thing twice. The first time they did it, it worked and they completed their 3-peat. The 2nd time they didn't, the lights didn't come on and they got eliminated in he 2nd round.

The fact that you think that it couldn't possibly happen to the Cavs shows that you simply lack any ability to look at the Cavs objectively.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricane sounds like a fag, tbh

I'd rather take vaginal discharge from a Tijuana hooker in the eye.

That douche bag has the temperament of a high school girl. Keeps ranting about a conspiracy theory with the NBA and how they're always keeping the Pacers from the Finals - because of the Mallace in the Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.