• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also the first year he's had another unselfish star player.

D'Antoni is a system coach. He coaches up players to play above their level, but he needs the right personnel to do it. Do you think Melo or Kobe fit that system?

He took the cash out from NY, which obviously wasn't a smart move from a winning perspective. He was stuck with horrible rosters his entire time there then was fired. He took on the Lakers again for another cash out, but his clashing with Kobe and Kobe's inability to participate in that system was his down fall.

He got Harden to buy in, got the Rockets to buy in and they're miles ahead of where they were last year.

I disagree

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 156995

Biggest payroll in the league & they don't even have the best record in the EC.

:wtf:

Funniest thing is, if the Cavs don't win the title this year, Wiggy will still try to claim that it was a great season even though the Cavs lost. That's why all of his comments are about coming out of the East and he won't take any bets that the Cavs will win the title.

He'll also continue to brag about their payroll, even though they won't have gotten what they paid for.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

You're absolutely welcome to. I was just supporting my stance with my thoughts on him as a coach. I said from the start of the season that the Rockets were going to be an explosive team. I had them pegged as a 5 seed, when some others didn't even have them as a playoff team. They've already exceeded expectations and are thriving.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funniest thing is, if the Cavs don't win the title this year, Wiggy will still try to claim that it was a great season even though the Cavs lost. That's why all of his comments are about coming out of the East and he won't take any bets that the Cavs will win the title.

He'll also continue to brag about their payroll, even though they won't have gotten what they paid for.

If the Cavs don't win it all this year their season is a failure. The only person that doesn't see that is wiggy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely welcome to. I was just supporting my stance with my thoughts on him as a coach. I said from the start of the season that the Rockets were going to be an explosive team. I had them pegged as a 5 seed, when some others didn't even have them as a playoff team. They've already exceeded expectations and are thriving.

Because of the unexpected season the Rockets are having I got Harden leading the MVP race.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors/Spurs game should be a good 1 tonight. I got the Cavs winning on a Lavar Ball buzzer beater.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i_hate_him_tn-229106.jpg

Reactions: TJL

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 5'4, my baby daddy is 6'4.

My eldest daughter just turned 13 in February and is already 5'8.

My youngest turned 12 last week and is 5'3.

#99Problems
Goodness your entire household is TALL!!!

My son was hoping he'd be at least 6'0, but I think he'll be just shy of that. Poor baby! LOL

I wonder why girls grow so fast. It took my son a long time to actually get tall- and then all of a sudden he grew like 6 inches in less than a year. Crazy!

5'4 is a nice height for a woman, not too tall but not too short either. My fiancé is 5'11 so my daughter has the potential to be a decent height. Over the years I've learned to accept my shortness. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is true it isn't good enough. The goal is to win a title- and there's a reason no one expects to see the Rockets come out of the West this season. At this point the only accomplishment is that they're on pace to seed top 3 whereas in seasons past they've hovered around 4th or 5th.

I think his style of offense just isn't going to ever win a title if it's not complimented with defense. And the reason he couldn't get Kobe to buy into this system is because Kobe already knew that- having already won a title 5xs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: TJL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is true it isn't good enough. The goal is to win a title- and there's a reason no one expects to see the Rockets come out of the West this season. At this point the only accomplishment is that they're on pace to seed top 3 whereas in seasons past they've hovered around 4th or 5th.

I think his style of offense just isn't going to ever win a title if it's not complimented with defense. And the reason he couldn't get Kobe to buy into this system is because Kobe already knew that- having already won a title 5xs.

Is the Houston team, as constructed on paper, a title worthy team? If not then that's not on him. He took an 8th seed last year and turned them into a 3 seed. That's remarkable consider the talent level in the West. That's a hell of an accomplishment. If you're saying what he's doing isn't good enough, then neither will 29 other teams in the NBA this year either.

The goal is always to contend for a title. The winning it aspect really only applies to the Cavs and the Warriors, because of the nature of their "superteams". Everyone else just wants to be there, and to give themselves a shot to win it.

So I'm kind of confused as to why you would point out it's not good enough. As a Warrior fan you would know good enough for them used to be make the playoffs. Exceeding expectations is an easy thing to forget when you don't remember how you got to the top.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Warriors are back to their old pre-Durant ways with 8 wins in a row. Took them a while to get back to playing that way once Durant went down but they seem to be hitting their stride now. My concern now is if Durant comes back for the playoffs will it be hard for the Dubs, particularly Curry, to revert to playing Durant-centered ball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Houston team, as constructed on paper, a title worthy team? If not then that's not on him. He took an 8th seed last year and turned them into a 3 seed. That's remarkable consider the talent level in the West. That's a hell of an accomplishment. If you're saying what he's doing isn't good enough, then neither will 29 other teams in the NBA this year either.

The goal is always to contend for a title. The winning it aspect really only applies to the Cavs and the Warriors, because of the nature of their "superteams". Everyone else just wants to be there, and to give themselves a shot to win it.

So I'm kind of confused as to why you would point out it's not good enough. As a Warrior fan you would know good enough for them used to be make the playoffs. Exceeding expectations is an easy thing to forget when you don't remember how you got to the top.
Houston has the 23rd highest payroll in the Nba. But, the 3rd best record.

Yes, Championships is what matters most.

But, they have more than exceeded expectations during the regular Season.

Especially when you compare them to Teams like the Clippers, Portland, Detroit who paid 20-30 mil more for significantly less wins.

With that being said, it's all for naught if they take a shit before the Conference finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak to @WiggyRuss .
He keeps posting payroll, hype.
He says James is best in league, Kyrie is top 3 PG in league, and Love is top 15 in league(or EC)?
Based on that, why should anyone be better?
again - i question your ability to read.

Never said Love was top 15 in the game.

I DID say the Warriors are the first team in NBA history to have 4 top 15 players though and right now deserve their status as favorites.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the problem is what you've described- just being happy with minimal progress. While I agree Houston has improved in seeding from last year- they've still got A LOT of work to do. Part of that should come in the form of the coach recognizing there is TWO SIDES of the ball. Working on offense only isn't going to get the job done. And yes them not winning a title IS ON HIM since he signed on as the leader of the team. He's the one calling the shots so he has to take the good with the bad- in this case the bad being falling short of winning.

Let's be clear- they've already crossed the hurdle of GETTING to the playoffs BEFORE D'antoni became HC. IMO moving to a higher seed is a start- but at this point their goal should be WINNING in the playoffs rather than just getting there. Clearly that wasn't good enough or McHale would still be coach. And only improving offense IMO isn't going to get them closer to that goal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do you think the Cavs expected to win the title every year that LeBron is here?

I sure didnt

If LeBron plays 6-7 years in Cleveland and comes away with 5 title appearances and 2 titles that would be without a doubt success on a major level.

Absolutely ill continue to brag about how fucking great the Cavs are--- unless they lose to some shit bag Eastern Conference team or get swept or have no chance in the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.