• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of an anti-Charlotte fan. Let's cool our jets here.

Its a no lose situation.
If Cavs lose they'll be tie with Celts.

Guess Wigster has to root for Heat Sunday.

We wont win that game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop deflecting. Your prediction had nothing to do with the playoffs. It was about that game and that game only.

You claim that you always admit when you're wrong.

You were wrong.

Give credit where it's due and stfu.
LOL- i just said in my post it was a good win---- but my post that you quoted was actually talking about the effect it has on the playoffs- which is zero- well- is there something less than zero?

gotta go- going dtown to teach some kids about the Constitution!!!!! should be fun...

though i gotta say- my experience as a caucasion male living in solon ohio is profoundly different. I feel ackward preaching to these kids that may have and probably do have a lot more practical experience then i do in these situations. ITs really fascinating and interesting to hear their opinions- its pretty cool.

One of my former teachers was a former prosecutor- and told me all the crazy things that cops can claim constitute "probable cause" to search your car-

some of the crrazier ones-

a messy car
having a pet in the car
an old car in disrepair
air fresheners in the car
food wrappers in the car

its insane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a no lose situation.
If Cavs lose they'll be tie with Celts.

Guess Wigster has to root for Heat Sunday.

We wont win that game.
home court will come down to the Cavs game against the Celtics- if they win they are in great shape since they would own the tiebreaker- if not- no.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, game 2 of that series will always be the glaring game. Heat were up 20 on the Mavs and then we started show boating. Dirk came back like a monster and won. I will never forget that series. Miami clearly had the better team, but we (Lebron mostly) just choked.

Yep. Game 2 of the 2011 Finals is every bit as memorable to me as Game 4 of the first round in Portland when the Mavs choked away a 23 point lead. And - I thought Dallas was cooked after the Game 4 loss. Turned out the whole post season turned for them at that point. Carlisle invoked "That one is on me"... and the Mavs never looked back. Lost 3 games the rest of the way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet all that day you carried on about the extent of revenge the Cavs would get, and we even agreed on.
Fuck missing Love and JR.
Youre at home, just got pounded 2 nights earlier, and Heat was missing their 2 most important 2nd unit players.
Heat had played a ton of games that week, James and Kyrie were fresh, healthy, and pissed.

Cavs lost because they could not defend what they had just seen 48 hours earlier.
and what does that have to do with the Heats chances in a playoff series? Yah- we all know the Heat won a regular season game in MArch in Cleveland where Smith and Love didnt play- and Bogut had his cleveland career end in the first 5 minutes

are you saying that actually means something going forward?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Why does this site continuously make me keep logging back in even though I hit "Stay logged in"?, every fucking time

It's getting to the point where I just switch pages and I have to log back in

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs defense is allowing more ppg than the Sacramento Queens lmfao

EVERYTHING IS FINE, WE"RE OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, I SWEAR

Lmfao, get da fuck outttaaaaa here

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what does that have to do with the Heats chances in a playoff series? Yah- we all know the Heat won a regular season game in MArch in Cleveland where Smith and Love didnt play- and Bogut had his cleveland career end in the first 5 minutes

are you saying that actually means something going forward?

It meant enough to you before hand to make numerous blowout/revenge predictions.

Are you now on record saying James/Kyrie isnt enough to beat a Boshless Heat, let alone without their 2 best 2nd unit players?

And lol at any Bogut comment.
Whiteside would toy with him.

Reactions: TJL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
home court will come down to the Cavs game against the Celtics- if they win they are in great shape since they would own the tiebreaker- if not- no.

Highest payroll in history of NBA might not be good enough to secure 1 seed in EC :clap:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ blaming that loss on fucking Andrew Bogut, holy shit you're an idiot for the ages Wiggy, truly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Why does this site continuously make me keep logging back in even though I hit "Stay logged in"?, every fucking time

It's getting to the point where I just switch pages and I have to log back in

Your browser sucks.

I'm using an updated version of Chrome.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. Defense is about 2 things...effort and communication.

Guys in and out of the lineup definitely hurts the communication, which then hurts the continuity. That is completely understandable and relatively easy to fix.

What isn't understandable and isn't easy to fix is the lack of effort on defense. I have seen little to no defensive effort from the Cavs and that includes Lebron.

Vs. the Lakers, there was one play in particular that seemed to show all of the Cavs defensive issues at once. The Lakers had the ball and the floor spread. They ran a very basic backdoor type of play to Ingram who was being guarded by Lebron. Ingram cut backdoor and Lebron followed at essentially half speed. Not only did Lebron not make much of an effort, but literally no one rotated over and Ingram got an easy reverse layup out of it. If Lebron follows at full speed, the pass isn't there to be made and if they try, Lebron likely intercepts it. If someone had rotated over, again, there's either no pass or Ingram has to take a challenged shot or pass it back out.

It's the lack of effort that should have Cavs fans alarmed.

That's clearly a team coasting in the regular season, waiting to turn on the intensity for the playoffs. The Lakers used to do this too. Most top teams do. Cavs will win the East.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and it sucks that they hit their stride right when they made the Finals. Still not as bad as losing to the Mavs though. That one stung. I at least knew the Spurs were just the flat out better team.

But when I say the Warriors were the flat out better team last year, and for sure this year when KD was healthy, all I hear is can't say shit if you don't win the ring. I happen to agree with you, but most here do not.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most top teams aren't bottom 5 in defense.

Sure. Probably they lose in the Finals because of it. But they are winning the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.