• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's episode of "Lavar Ball needs to stfu ", I wouldn't be able to tolerate this shit at any level. High School, College, NBA.....He is undermining the Coach.

Unfrinking believable....lol

The first-year head coach had won his first nine games of the season, but after a pair of close wins at the mid-December Tarkanian Classic, the Huskies faced another test against Roosevelt (Calif.) High. They went into the locker room at half trailing by 12. Chino Hills had been double teaming Roosevelt’s shooters for the first half, but Gilling needed to make an adjustment. “I go into the locker room, and I tell the guys to stop double teaming – just stay with your man,” Gilling said. “You do that, we’ll definitely get stops and come back and win.” Yet, there was that voice again in the second half: “Double team! Double team!” When Ball would shout for the double-team, Chino Hills players reluctantly followed his instruction. Gilling would yell, “Stop trapping!” (The exchange was captured in the video below).

– via For The Win

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when I say the Warriors were the flat out better team last year, and for sure this year when KD was healthy, all I hear is can't say shit if you don't win the ring. I happen to agree with you, but most here do not.

They were. You don't go up 3-1 for nothing. Cleveland struck a bit of luck that Draymond, even though he's a good all-around player and critical to the Warriors success, is also a certifiable moron. Once he got himself suspended, that gave the Cavs life to steal one on the road with him out which has a significant effect on the way the Dubs play D. Then Bogut was lost for that series in that game as well.

I still stand by that the Warriors were the better team, but this doesn't diminish the Cavs winning a title. Because they still had to come from down 3-1.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in '91

Beauty and the Beast and the Power Rangers were my favorite movie and favorite TV show, and I"m going to see both this weekend in theaters, lol, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- i just said in my post it was a good win

After how many days?

but my post that you quoted was actually talking about the effect it has on the playoffs- which is zero- well- is there something less than zero?

And why bring up the playoffs? Your statements leading up to the game had nothing to do with the playoffs. Additionally, if you think it will have zero effect, it shows that you don't understand how teams work.

Obviously, the Cavs are a more talented team. The Heat could sweep the season series and the Cavs would still have the more talented team. However, the more talented team doesn't always win and that is where the regular season results can have an effect.

If nothing else, the Heat will go into that series knowing that they have beaten the Cavs, both in Miami and in Cleveland. Including a game in Cleveland where the Cavs were supposedly motivated for some revenge. Even Lebron has commented on the Heats ability to beat the Cavs (and it wasn't, "wait 'til we get to the playoffs").

Where it can have an effect is that the Heat will go into the series with some confidence. If they play well and the series starts to go their way, their confidence will grow, Meanwhile, some doubt can creep into the Cavs minds. More talented teams not playing at their best entering the playoffs and catching a team that has been playing well and has some confidence is a big part of why upsets happen.

Do I think the Heat will win if they play the Cavs? No. But I also won't rule it out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's clearly a team coasting in the regular season, waiting to turn on the intensity for the playoffs. The Lakers used to do this too. Most top teams do. Cavs will win the East.

I disagree and btw, as I pointed out in an earlier post, coasting into the playoffs cost the Lakers twice. They would likely have at least one and maybe 2 more titles had they not coasted.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely disagree and tbh, I don't see how you could possibly make such a statement and be so iron clad about it.

Um, because it's a sports message board where we all talk shit and make predictions? You seem pretty ironclad in yours too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my former teachers was a former prosecutor- and told me all the crazy things that cops can claim constitute "probable cause" to search your car-

some of the crrazier ones-

a messy car
having a pet in the car
an old car in disrepair
air fresheners in the car
food wrappers in the car

its insane.

That sounds kind of fun. Didn't know that about what constitutes probable cause. I have a buddy who's likely to get searched if he gets pulled over. Dude's car looks like he lives in it.

Thanks to my wife, I don't have to worry about the messy car part. She's very anal about keeping the inside of the car clean (we do have air fresheners in the car though lol).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and btw, as I pointed out in an earlier post, coasting into the playoffs cost the Lakers twice. They would likely have at least one and maybe 2 more titles had they not coasted.

I don't think the Cavs are winning the title, just noticing what they seem to be doing. Coasting is pretty much the definition of lacking effort on D so we kind of agree.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds kind of fun. Didn't know that about what constitutes probable cause. I have a buddy who's likely to get searched if he gets pulled over. Dude's car looks like he lives in it.

Thanks to my wife, I don't have to worry about the messy car part. She's very anal about keeping the inside of the car clean (we do have air fresheners in the car though lol).

Your buddy is unlikely to get searched for a messy car unless he's black or Hispanic

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Why does this site continuously make me keep logging back in even though I hit "Stay logged in"?, every fucking time

It's getting to the point where I just switch pages and I have to log back in

:noidea:

That would be a fordman or Shaggy question.

Reactions: TJL

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* see 2015 Spurs.

1 game was the difference between them being the #2 seed and #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.