• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh...i have 2 bets accepted ALREADY- one from turnup and one from tjl.

you have any bets out there right now out of curiosity?

You dodged the bet that @TJL offered yesterday and:

A.) I only do one bet a year and that's a standing bet with a Stanford fan on the Stanford/USC game (which has zero conditions).

B.) I don't talk pages of shit about how great my team is and how they are going to destroy another team.

C.) I don't challenge people to bets and then either dodge them or add 5 pages worth of conditions.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dodged the bet that @TJL offered yesterday and:

A.) I only do one bet a year and that's a standing bet with a Stanford fan on the Stanford/USC game (which has zero conditions).

B.) I don't talk pages of shit about how great my team is and how they are going to destroy another team.

C.) I don't challenge people to bets and then either dodge them or add 5 pages worth of conditions.
i dont even know what you are talking about. TJL wants an ADDITIONAL bet in addition to the one we already have? :scratch::crazy:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit.
They were still an elite team that just happened to catch a Spurs team that has been the best weve seen in a long time.
I said that whole season it was getting stale.
Players said it wasnt fun anymore.
You'll see.

That Spurs team is the best title team in the last decade. I'm waiting to hear someone say otherwise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh GOD---- not a regular season game right when he is coming back from knee surgery- OHHH LAWD no!!!!

Whiteside has got nuffin on K LOVE!!! lol.

Do you make excuses for everything? That's the different between you & @gordontrue

He doesn't make excuses. So K-Love not being healthy (Then why the fuck is he playing) is the reason why they allowed 120 & 126 in their last two games.

So the Cavs are magically going to turn on a switch and turn into some top defensive team even though they been pretty mediocre/bad all year long?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think griffin is a top 20 player- but he is definitely not a leader and is mentally weak- though- i think he has more fire than Mr. Soft Lamarcus Aldridge.

just noticed that you're quick to point out flaws in other team's players, but not your own...

carry on...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just noticed that you're quick to point out flaws in other team's players, but not your own...

carry on...
Cavs players have plenty of flaws-- Kyrie is a weak defensive player to say the least....love - while being a great rebounder- isnt a great defensive player.

Shumpert couldnt drive and finish at the hoop to save his life. Jr is streaky as hell.

does that mean they are gonna have a hard time in the East?? hahahahahahaha

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs are magically going to turn on a switch and turn into some top defensive team even though they been pretty mediocre/bad all year long?

giphy.gif

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs players have plenty of flaws-- Kyrie is a weak defensive player to say the least....love - while being a great rebounder- isnt a great defensive player.

Shumpert couldnt drive and finish at the hoop to save his life. Jr is streaky as hell.

does that mean they are gonna have a hard time in the East?? hahahahahahaha

based on what we've seen since the All Star break...?

errrr...yep...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you make excuses for everything? That's the different between you & @gordontrue

He doesn't make excuses. So K-Love not being healthy (Then why the fuck is he playing) is the reason why they allowed 120 & 126 in their last two games.

yes- because they will finally have their whole entire team healthy and on the court at the same time- instead of constantly working guys in and out of the lineup.

like you said- its basically the same personnel besides switching out mozgov and delly (who barely played in the playoffs) for deron williams and korver.

hey--- if the CAvs have problems in the East- and lose a bunch of playoff games they should win- ill be the first to tell you that you were right---

but i have a feeling ill be having hte last laugh. ;) we shall see though.

i have faith in the King to get the team to where they need to be- maybe you dont.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are currently 21st in def rating. Only 2 teams have won the championship after finishing the regular season without a defensive rating outside the top-10.

95 Rockets were 12th and the 01 Lakers were 21st.

Notice both were defending champs. Both also had significant players that didn't play the entire season. (Derek Fisher and Kobe missed games with injuries. The Rockets didn't pick up Clyde Drexler until the all-star break.)

I'm not saying the Cavs defense is nothing to worry about - it absolutely is. But there is some positive history on the Cavs side of defending champs with significant injury issues under-performing in the regular season and getting it done in the playoffs.

That's not exactly positive history. There's only two title teams that repeated with defenses not in the top 10. And that Rockets team was 12th so it's not like their defense was abysmal. And that Lakers team had two players that are in most people's top 10 all-time list. And if memory serves, that was at a time where the league was wide open as far as pecking order went after the Lakers who were clearly the better team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like how long are we going to use these injuries excuses for guys who are already back?

JR been back two weeks and played 8 games and he is still using excuses.

Love played 3 games and been back a week now. Also came back ahead of schedule but you're still using the injury excuse for him.

If those guys were not healthy enough then why even return

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Cavs were missing the defensive stopper Kyle Korver for those 6 or 7 games he was out Makes sense why they were struggling now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not exactly positive history. There's only two title teams that repeated with defenses not in the top 10. And that Rockets team was 12th so it's not like their defense was abysmal. And that Lakers team had two players that are in most people's top 10 all-time list. And if memory serves, that was at a time where the league was wide open as far as pecking order went after the Lakers who were clearly the better team.
if the Celtics had gotten some balls and upped their offer enough to get a George or a Butler- id be a lot more worried.

The Cavs are just too talented to be seriously challenged by any of these Eastern teams- esp. considering Lowry is not healthy on Toronto- and the Wiz have zero bench and basically no playoff experience.

They all seem content to wait out LeBron--- becuase they know what we all know- they arent beating the King.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are 24-4 in the EAstern Conference the last 2 years.
12-2
12-2

the Heat were:
12-3
12-6
12-4
12-3

I certainly dont think the Cavs will be losing 7 games in the East this year- do you? Heat were NEVER 12-2 in the East like the cAvs have been.

The Heat had actual competition in the East - Boston (Big 3 vs. Big 3), Indiana, Chicago.

What teams outside of the Cavs in the East equate to those teams? None.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Cavs were missing the defensive stopper Kyle Korver for those 6 or 7 games he was out Makes sense why they were struggling now.
see this is where you need to use some common sense.

Its not about one guy- or being healthy- or how great they are defensively. its about the whole team- its about knowing a guys tendency- knowing the system- knowing whether a guy is going over or under a pick-

some of these guys have never even played together. How many minutes do you think Korver and JR and Deron and Love and Williams have had on the court together?

its why i have full faith and confidence- its not a personnel issue- its a continuity issue- and they have everyone back and healthy for the FIRST TIME ALL YEAR right now- and can start to build that over the next dozen games.

If I was the Cavs first round opponent- and facing THIS team- with some rest and finally able to get some continuity- id be shitting my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.