• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, the Cavs need to be very careful not to believe that they have some god-given right to just walk into the Finals. If they have that attitude at all, they'll get beat.

LeBron is usually very vocal this time of year every year, saying that everything is earned and they can't expect to get to the Finals just cause everyone thinks they will. I haven't heard it yet this year, but I'm sure its coming soon. The media and fans roll their eyes whenever he says it, but its true. Its the mindset they have to embrace.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
against the Nuggets the Cavs had their post season rotation on the court for the first time.

Does anyone here think the Cavs defense is ranked as low as it is if they were healthy? of course not. Its basically the same personnel as last season. Injuries happen though- im just glad they are prioritizign the right thing- rest- and getting everyone on the same page--- then going balls to the wall to make their stats look better for people trying to find some crack in the facade to say why they wont "coast" this year.

aaalllll aboard the excuse train...

leaving on track 9...:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta say- you are a fast learner.

now- its not gonna be the full on gutting like it was the last 2 years where they only lost 2 games each year in the East.

they arent gonna go 12-2 in the EAst like the last 2 years.....

but they will prob go between 12-4 and 12-6 is my guess.

i gotta say, you're a SLOW one...

maybe you should sit down and listen to Windy's opinion again...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are supposed to coast through the East, just like the Heat were.
Its not that hard.
Cavs have #1 payroll, Celts are #20.
Point is, if you can't beat the WC champ, then the season is a BUST.

As far as you thinking Warriors are heavy favorites, how many times have you said 'they don't have James'?

That CERTAINLY implies you think the Cavs would win.

Cavs are 24-4 in the EAstern Conference the last 2 years.
12-2
12-2

the Heat were:
12-3
12-6
12-4
12-3

I certainly dont think the Cavs will be losing 7 games in the East this year- do you? Heat were NEVER 12-2 in the East like the cAvs have been.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaalllll aboard the excuse train...

leaving on track 9...:heh:

wait for me!

qdfklp76ybds0py1owpj.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, the Cavs need to be very careful not to believe that they have some god-given right to just walk into the Finals. If they have that attitude at all, they'll get beat.

LeBron is usually very vocal this time of year every year, saying that everything is earned and they can't expect to get to the Finals just cause everyone thinks they will. I haven't heard it yet this year, but I'm sure its coming soon. The media and fans roll their eyes whenever he says it, but its true. Its the mindset they have to embrace.
no doubt. that is their biggest worry. The only team that can beat the CAvs in the East is the Cavs-

having LeBrons leadership comes in huge. I trust him to have the team with the right mindset.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and really- thats what it comes down to for me.

I saw this team do what many people thought was impossible last year. Kyrie has only improved as a player. Love is playing his best ball as a Cav. There have been plenty of bumps in the road this year--- with injuries etc....no continuity--- but comparing that to firing your coach midseason? cmon now.

I trust that LeBron will have this team with the proper mindset when the playoffs start- and Kyrie Irving is playing possibly the best ball that any lebron teammate has ever played- with possibly the exception of Dwade in year 1 in Miami.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are 24-4 in the EAstern Conference the last 2 years.
12-2
12-2

the Heat were:
12-3
12-6
12-4
12-3

I certainly dont think the Cavs will be losing 7 games in the East this year- do you? Heat were NEVER 12-2 in the East like the cAvs have been.

here we go with the PAST = the present again...:L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its ironic for @TurnUpTheHeat to call lebron "lerest" when the guy has played the most games in the league over the last 6 years- while at the same age- Wade was sitting out on a maintenance program. i mean you cant have it both ways.

And i agree with the Heats policy to have sat Wade- it made sense. Just like the Cavs are doing with Love.

I just think it's funny.
In reality, the fact is, I've said I have no issue with him resting, but have a huge issue with the way he acts during the games.
So you're right, we'll go back to LeDouche.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt. that is their biggest worry. The only team that can beat the CAvs in the East is the Cavs-

having LeBrons leadership comes in huge. I trust him to have the team with the right mindset.

might wanna rub your luck rabbit's foot and toss some salt over your left shoulder too...

oh, and don't walk under any ladders...:dhd:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and really- thats what it comes down to for me.

I saw this team do what many people thought was impossible last year. Kyrie has only improved as a player. Love is playing his best ball as a Cav. There have been plenty of bumps in the road this year--- with injuries etc....no continuity--- but comparing that to firing your coach midseason? cmon now.

I trust that LeBron will have this team with the proper mindset when the playoffs start- and Kyrie Irving is playing possibly the best ball that any lebron teammate has ever played- with possibly the exception of Dwade in year 1 in Miami.

You can trust whatever you want, but HABITS are built throughout the season.
The Cavs D sucks, and not sure who of the needed shooters on the court is going to be able to improve it.
You need J.R. to be MUCH better of you will get chewed up by some tough guard combos throughout the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know Waiters was out, honestly

Yep that's why they been playing so poorly this week. Went down in the Minnesota game late in the first half. We looked like shit against Portland and Toronto without Waiters. We looked ok against the Suns but that means nothing considering they're tanking

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can trust whatever you want, but HABITS are built throughout the season.
The Cavs D sucks, and not sure who of the needed shooters on the court is going to be able to improve it.
You need J.R. to be MUCH better of you will get chewed up by some tough guard combos throughout the playoffs.
yah..they might not "coast" , lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta say- you are a fast learner.

now- its not gonna be the full on gutting like it was the last 2 years where they only lost 2 games each year in the East.

they arent gonna go 12-2 in the EAst like the last 2 years.....

but they will prob go between 12-4 and 12-6 is my guess.

IF they blow the 1 seed, it will be different.
Instead of prob starting 2-0, more then likely would be 1-1.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
against the Nuggets the Cavs had their post season rotation on the court for the first time.

Does anyone here think the Cavs defense is ranked as low as it is if they were healthy? of course not. Its basically the same personnel as last season. Injuries happen though- im just glad they are prioritizign the right thing- rest- and getting everyone on the same page--- then going balls to the wall to make their stats look better for people trying to find some crack in the facade to say why they wont "coast" this year.

Who are the top 3 best Cavs defensive players?

Status
Not open for further replies.