• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's remaining schedule is no joke, but I still think they finish 7th.

#7 Pacers have won 5 of their last 10.
#8 Heat have won 7 of their last 10.
#9 Bulls have won 3 of their last 10
#10 Pistons have won 4 of their last 10

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wade couldn't do huge things offensively?

Makes sense why the Cavs team go down the toilet whenever he's on the bench
Wade COULD- but it was clear he was starting to break down.

we talk about Kyrie resting a few games here and there- but Wade was on a full blown "maintenance program" where he rested plenty of games.

Kyrie is a better all around offensive player too- he has the 3 pt game Wade never bothered to develop. Kyrie has one of the best mid range games in the league- finishes great at the hoop etc.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you that LeSit would have alot to say after the Nuggets game.
That laughing, joking, coffee drinking, ignoring the game cant sit well with the players forced to take the beatings.
By year 4 here it was falling apart.
Watch and see what happens there when they lose.

I'll bring popcorn.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit.
They were still an elite team that just happened to catch a Spurs team that has been the best weve seen in a long time.
I said that whole season it was getting stale.
Players said it wasnt fun anymore.
You'll see.

Lakers went through the same thing when they were winning. trust me, it ain't easy...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bulls are done. After they dealt Gibson and lost Wade.

Pacers are okay.....the Pacers will make the playoffs though. The Bucks will def. make it

its either going to be the Heat or the Pistons pretty much right? Id say thats pretty even- the Heats hardest games are towards the end- their last 3 games are 2 against hte Wiz and one against the Cavs--- they might luck out and see those teams resting their best guys- its why i have them over the Pistons at this point.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this REALLY your argument? if you are relying on a regular season game in March when the CAvs were missing Love and JR to give you hope- you have another thing coming. lol.

Please dont tell me thats what you are relying on in thinking the Heat have a chance. A March regular season game. lol. If it is- its gonna be a helluva let down for you.

actually if memory serves, it was YOUR "argument...":lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we talk about Kyrie resting a few games here and there- but Wade was on a full blown "maintenance program" where he rested plenty of games.

He was on a maintenance program for one year. That was it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times have i told you i think that the Warriors are more talented and should be a favorite against the Cavs- just like last year- that the Cavs def. have a chance- since they have THE KING- but i think the Warriors are heavy favorites to win it all for a reason.

the East though? hahahahahaha. Of COURSE they are getting out of the East- you know that- i know that.

And who here has said anyone in the EC is more talented then the Cavs?

That being said, whats your point on ANY of it?

You act like anyone here but 1 person has picked against the Cavs to make the Finals.

That being said, their D sucks as of today.
They better fix it or they wont coast like the last 3 seasons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're not finishing 7th if Waiters is out for a while. The best case scenario is 8th if he is out for another week and a half. Now if he's back sometime next week then I agree with you

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off surgery.
Kyrie sat out half a season after surgery.

Exactly dude is here acting like Wade was on a maintenance program all 4 years. And also Wade was 32 years old at that time.....not 23 or 24

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You act like anyone here but 1 person has picked against the Cavs to make the Finals.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

essentially the same thing i said earlier...

but hey, let 'em go ahead and ignore it. after all, WiggityWack says "they're fine"...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think you are trying to make it sound like the Cavs are a threat to lose in the Eastern Conference when they arent.

and i mean you are right- their defense has been rough lately- worse then rough.

If you are saying they should be worried about not "coasting" through the East- i mean- i think that says it all right.

I mean - we shall see in a few weeks. If the Cavs have to go 7- and are losing playoff games they should win- ill be the first to admit you are correct.

If they are never seriously threatened- whcih i dont think they will be- ill once again have the last laugh.

i guess i just dont see your point. Yah- the CAvs defense has been bad lately. Obviously you dont think it matters enough if there biggest worry is not "coasting" through the East.

think of how fucking good the CAvs must be if you are argument is- WELL- MAYBE THEY WONT COAST THROUGH THE EAST THIS YEAR! LOL.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are currently 21st in def rating. Only 2 teams have won the championship after finishing the regular season without a defensive rating outside the top-10.

95 Rockets were 12th and the 01 Lakers were 21st.

Notice both were defending champs. Both also had significant players that didn't play the entire season. (Derek Fisher and Kobe missed games with injuries. The Rockets didn't pick up Clyde Drexler until the all-star break.)

I'm not saying the Cavs defense is nothing to worry about - it absolutely is. But there is some positive history on the Cavs side of defending champs with significant injury issues under-performing in the regular season and getting it done in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly dude is here acting like Wade was on a maintenance program all 4 years. And also Wade was 32 years old at that time.....not 23 or 24
I just think its ironic for @TurnUpTheHeat to call lebron "lerest" when the guy has played the most games in the league over the last 6 years- while at the same age- Wade was sitting out on a maintenance program. i mean you cant have it both ways.

And i agree with the Heats policy to have sat Wade- it made sense. Just like the Cavs are doing with Love.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think you are trying to make it sound like the Cavs are a threat to lose in the Eastern Conference when they arent.

and i mean you are right- their defense has been rough lately- worse then rough.

If you are saying they should be worried about not "coasting" through the East- i mean- i think that says it all right.

I mean - we shall see in a few weeks. If the Cavs have to go 7- and are losing playoff games they should win- ill be the first to admit you are correct.

If they are never seriously threatened- whcih i dont think they will be- ill once again have the last laugh.

i guess i just dont see your point. Yah- the CAvs defense has been bad lately. Obviously you dont think it matters enough if there biggest worry is not "coasting" through the East.

think of how fucking good the CAvs must be if you are argument is- WELL- MAYBE THEY WONT COAST THROUGH THE EAST THIS YEAR! LOL.

"it'll be a cakewalk and we'll be back"-WiggyRuss:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not finishing 7th if Waiters is out for a while. The best case scenario is 8th if he is out for another week and a half. Now if he's back sometime next week then I agree with you

Didn't know Waiters was out, honestly

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are currently 21st in def rating. Only 2 teams have won the championship after finishing the regular season without a defensive rating outside the top-10.

95 Rockets were 12th and the 01 Lakers were 21st.

Notice both were defending champs. Both also had significant players that didn't play the entire season. (Derek Fisher and Kobe missed games with injuries. The Rockets didn't pick up Clyde Drexler until the all-star break.)

I'm not saying the Cavs defense is nothing to worry about - it absolutely is. But there is some positive history on the Cavs side of defending champs with significant injury issues under-performing in the regular season and getting it done in the playoffs.
against the Nuggets the Cavs had their post season rotation on the court for the first time.

Does anyone here think the Cavs defense is ranked as low as it is if they were healthy? of course not. Its basically the same personnel as last season. Injuries happen though- im just glad they are prioritizign the right thing- rest- and getting everyone on the same page--- then going balls to the wall to make their stats look better for people trying to find some crack in the facade to say why they wont "coast" this year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are supposed to coast through the East, just like the Heat were.
Its not that hard.
Cavs have #1 payroll, Celts are #20.
Point is, if you can't beat the WC champ, then the season is a BUST.

As far as you thinking Warriors are heavy favorites, how many times have you said 'they don't have James'?

That CERTAINLY implies you think the Cavs would win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it'll be a cakewalk and we'll be back"-WiggyRuss:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
i gotta say- you are a fast learner.

now- its not gonna be the full on gutting like it was the last 2 years where they only lost 2 games each year in the East.

they arent gonna go 12-2 in the EAst like the last 2 years.....

but they will prob go between 12-4 and 12-6 is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.