• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done with you talking all this shit and being afraid to bet. You need to stop talking shit or you need to start accepting bets (without conditions).

Pick one.
uhhh...i have 2 bets accepted ALREADY- one from turnup and one from tjl.

you have any bets out there right now out of curiosity?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, there he is...

top o' the mornin' to ya, my fine feathered fiend...

how're things out there in the 'Land...?:D
supposed to be about 70 and sunny...wouldnt be surprised if the partners cleared out early today - thus- i could clear out a LITTLE early.

going down to an inner-city school to teach the constitution to under privileged children around lunch time--- topic today is "police encounters"....should be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching wiggy tear apart his boyfriend Windy tomorrow morning will be hilarious

i have zero problem with what Windhorst said- i just dont think it matters one bit since the Cavs are so much better than everyone else in the East.

LeBron showing up to the playoffs healthy and rested is priority Number 1 through 1000. everything else is just noise.

guy has played more games then anyone in the league over the last 6 years. Having him at his peak physically is the best way for the Cavs to have the bench chance to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposed to be about 70 and sunny...wouldnt be surprised if the partners cleared out early today - thus- i could clear out a LITTLE early.

going down to an inner-city school to teach the constitution to under privileged children around lunch time--- topic today is "police encounters"....should be interesting.

ahh, this is good...

anyways did you get around to getting a listen to Windhosrt and his latest thoughts on the Cavs "D"...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him $80-$90 over 5. And I feel like that would be overpaying.
you cant think about in dollar-value...you have to think about it in relation to the cap.

is he worth 25-30% of the cap? if he is- then do it- if not- then dont- there is always going to be sticker shock on these guys with how much the cap has increased. However- the split of BRI is the same- that means if the players are making this money the owners are making EVEN MORE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh, this is good...

anyways did you get around to getting a listen to Windhosrt and his latest thoughts on the Cavs "D"...?
yah i agree with him- i just dont think it matters.

you think its more important to have lebron/kyrie/and love healthy- or for the Cavs to have good defensive stats?

i mean- you would have to be braindead to think defensive stats trump the Cavs health.

if the Cavs are healthy- the only team that is beating the Cavs in the East is the Cavs. PERIOD.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin CAN be a punk sometimes. never did like him personally...

"It energized the building, got our team going on a certain level. But watching Griffin's cat-that-ate-the-canary smile tells you the whole story about that play. That's all you have to look at."

- Rick Carlisle

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big little lies is good....

I'm gonna give it a chance .

My favorite shows are wrapped....Sons of Anarchy, Banshee...

So, all I have left is Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.
Big Little Lies is okay- its def. a chick show for the most part- but hey- that worked to my advantage.

I have been watching that, Walking Dead and Homeland right now. Game of Thrones doesnt come back till July.

House of Cards is really good- though i didn think its last season was as good as previous ones.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i agree with him- i just dont think it matters.

you think its more important to have lebron/kyrie/and love healthy- or for the Cavs to have good defensive stats?

i mean- you would have to be braindead to think defensive stats trump the Cavs health.

if the Cavs are healthy- the only team that is beating the Cavs in the East is the Cavs. PERIOD.

who said health wasn't important...?:noidea:

but if you REALLY think that they're just going to flip some magic switch and find their defense alluva sudden, welllll...

you just might be in for a bit of a rude awakening, capisce...?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They kinda have to IMO
They can evaluate everything at seasons end.
DeRozan would prob be pissed if they don't keep him.
Yeah, and Lowry brings more than just his play to the table. He's the face of the franchise at the moment and as much of a leader as this team has seen since Oakley.

But he's aging. If they get him on a 4 year extension he'll be 35 by the time the deal expires.

All said and done, I think he re-signs for $16 mil per. Gives him an extra $8 million over what he would earn the next two years on his current deal and then $32 million for his age 33 and 34 years and gets to play on a team that should still be in the thick of things.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said health wasn't important...?:noidea:

but if you REALLY think that they're just going to flip some magic switch and find their defense alluva sudden, welllll...

you just might be in for a bit of a rude awakening, capisce...?
well you have to prioritize something- and it was practically impossible to cut LeBrons minutes back like the last 2 seasons with JR and Love missing so much time and Mo Williams lying to the Cavs and getting season ending knee surgery.

If Boston had made a move for Paul George or Jimmy Butler- or Toronto was fully healthy and tearing it up- or Washington had added a significant player- maybe its a different story and there would be more urgency- but all these teams have bitched out in competing with the Cavs and seem contented to wait out LeBron a few more years.

the biggest threat i have seen to the Cavs in the last 3 years in the East was the Hawks the first year with 60+ wins and the Cavs swept them- i dont expect the East to be a pushover like its been this year- but i dont expect any 7 games series' either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and Lowry brings more than just his play to the table. He's the face of the franchise at the moment and as much of a leader as this team has seen since Oakley.

But he's aging. If they get him on a 4 year extension he'll be 35 by the time the deal expires.

All said and done, I think he re-signs for $16 mil per. Gives him an extra $8 million over what he would earn the next two years on his current deal and then $32 million for his age 33 and 34 years and gets to play on a team that should still be in the thick of things.
16M per?

cmon dude- thats what Timo Mozgov and Ian MAhimi got

i agree that he is extremely important- and they shouldnt balk at keeping him- but 16M is ludicrous. If he got 25M a year over 3 years i think that would be a GOOD contract for the Raptors.

IF they had to go to 100 over 4 thats pushing it- but thats life in NBA free agency at this point. The Sixers wouldnt hesitate to give that to a guy like him to be the leader of their rebuild.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16M per?

cmon dude- thats what Timo Mozgov and Ian MAhimi got

i agree that he is extremely important- and they shouldnt balk at keeping him- but 16M is ludicrous. If he got 25M a year over 3 years i think that would be a GOOD contract for the Raptors.

IF they had to go to 100 over 4 thats pushing it- but thats life in NBA free agency at this point.
Shit. I keep forgetting how crazy the NBA is now lol.

Yeah, add $8 mil. Depends how willing the Raptors are to go into luxury tax and how hard they try to keep Ibaka here. If they can somehow ditch Carroll it would help a lot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you have to prioritize something- and it was practically impossible to cut LeBrons minutes back like the last 2 seasons with JR and Love missing so much time and Mo Williams lying to the Cavs and getting season ending knee surgery.

If Boston had made a move for Paul George or Jimmy Butler- or Toronto was fully healthy and tearing it up- or Washington had added a significant player- maybe its a different story and there would be more urgency- but all these teams have bitched out in competing with the Cavs and seem contented to wait out LeBron a few more years.

Why was it 'practically impossible' if seeding and the regular season are meaningless?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i get it, you made your point about health being important as your number one priority...

here's where i DISAGREE, though. your thinking that the other teams in the EC are simply gonna lay down and die for the Cavs. ESPECIALLY since imo they're being viewed as VULNERABLE at this point...

blood in the water is my point. i have a funny feeling it won't be the walk in the park to get back to the finals as YOU'VE tried to paint for so long...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was it 'practically impossible' if seeding and the regular season are meaningless?
hey just wondering.

if the Heat explain to the league that they are a really great team when they are fully healthy- do you the league will give them extra credit and allow them to jump a team to get the 8 seed if they happen to miss out?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get it, you made your point about health being important as your number one priority...

here's where i DISAGREE, though. your thinking that the other teams in the EC are simply gonna lay down and die for the Cavs. ESPECIALLY since imo they're being viewed as VULNERABLE at this point...

blood in the water is my point. i have a funny feeling it won't be the walk in the park to get back to the finals as YOU'VE tried to paint for so long...
i dont think they are gonna lay down and die for the Cavs----- you think they "laid down and died" the previous 2 years? -- Boston plays REALLY REALLY hard and is deep. Washington has some nice high end talent (just not much else). Toronto added a couple solid defensive guys to augment their 2nd unit.

Those rosters are just not NEARLY on the same level as the Cavs those. I mean- hey- if you want to bet me that the Cavs dont make it out of the East- id gladly take you up on it--- but i think deep down you know as well as i do- no one is beating the Cavs in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.