• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the NBA didn't do anything when San Antonio started doing this. Maybe because they have no marquee players? I honestly can't remember ever planning to buy tickets just to go watch the Spurs play. But I've done that for Iverson, Kobe, LeBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Embiid, etc.

???? The Spurs got fined 250 grand for sending home their starters for a marquee game.

N.B.A. Fines Spurs $250,000 for Sending Home Four Regulars Ahead of Game in Miami

When you start costing the league money, you're going to pay the price. You can't sit players for a marquee game, have the ratings drop and send tons of fans home pissed off because they way over paid to watch essentially the bench play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has an obligation to play as many game as possible for the hard working people that buy the expensive tickets to watch him play.
hey- if thats your opinion- i am not going to change that and you are certainty entitled to it.

my opinion is that LEBron should do everything in his power to bring another title to the Cleveland Cavaliers- and all the other bullshit is just noise and whining.

if sitting out 5-8 games a year gives him a better chance to win a title for the Cleveland Cavaliers- he has a duty, nee, an obligation- to sit those games out.

Every single thing LeBron does he does to try and win more championships. If that means sitting out games in March that have no significance towards winning a title becuase that will better prepare him for the playoffs- then thats EXACTLY what he should do.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- its not a surprise that the old schoolers dont like LEBron resting.

its just science. It makes sense why he is resting- so he can be at his best when it matters most. LeBron's goal is to win titles. His goal is not to make fantasy basketball players or Vegas happy. He could give a fuck.

i mean it's not suprise that new schoolers don't get what's being said here...

bottom line, be a MAN and do the job you're paid to do. it's a fun job, but it's STILL a job...

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember that . . . but San Antonio was resting players before that and continued to do so afterward. Did they continue to be fined?

The reason they got fined was because it was a nationally televised game and against the Heat .

The NBA wouldn't have cared if it wasn't a marquee game, but because it was, tons of fans forked out money to watch that game, and a bunch of ppl tuned in only to turn the TV immediately when realizing 4 of the Spurs starters weren't even in the building.

Much like how LeBron just sat out for a nationally televised marquee game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the NBA didn't do anything when San Antonio started doing this. Maybe because they have no marquee players?

Or maybe because it was old guys like Timmy and Manu. Not guys in their 20's and early 30's.

I honestly can't remember ever planning to buy tickets just to go watch the Spurs play. But I've done that for Iverson, Kobe, LeBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Embiid, etc.

And that's a big part of the reason that there is so much backlash. NBA games are expensive to attend. Because of this, the vast majority of fans can only afford anywhere from 1 to a few games a season and would probably like to see the star players play.

Also, the tv partners are paying billions of dollars to broadcast these games and they know that bit players aren't going to drive viewership.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the NBA didn't do anything when San Antonio started doing this. Maybe because they have no marquee players? I honestly can't remember ever planning to buy tickets just to go watch the Spurs play. But I've done that for Iverson, Kobe, LeBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Embiid, etc.

agreed. should've been dealt with at THAT point...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean it's not suprise that new schoolers don't get what's being said here...

bottom line, be a MAN and do the job you're paid to do. it's a fun job, but it's STILL a job...
bottom line- be a man and do the job you are paid to do--- try and win a title(s) for the Cleveland Cavaliers- and do everything in your power to give yourself the best chance at doing that.

everything else is just noise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. When you sign on for any job, you sign on for all of it. My job sometimes requires me to put in longer hours and I even do work "off the clock" at times, plus some travel. I don't complain about it because I really enjoy it and I knew what I was signing on for.

I'd be willing to bet that virtually everyone on here, except apparently Wiggy, could say something similar about their jobs.

You do the job you signed on for...period.
his job isnt to play in all 82 games.

His job is to try and win a title for the Cleveland Cavaliers. PERIOD. everything else is just noise.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- its not a surprise that the old schoolers dont like LEBron resting.

its just science. It makes sense why he is resting- so he can be at his best when it matters most. LeBron's goal is to win titles. His goal is not to make fantasy basketball players or Vegas happy. He could give a fuck.

This is horseshit. What about the science of schedules that have more rest built in, training advances, better nutrition and medicine along with much easier travel and accommodations? Not to mention the 4 months off every year to rest.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line- be a man and do the job you are paid to do--- try and win a title(s) for the Cleveland Cavaliers- and do everything in your power to give yourself the best chance at doing that.

everything else is just noise.

ok, if and when you get to be a lawyer take 30% of the year off...

see what effect it has...

should be the same for everyone, correct...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horseshit. What about the science of schedules that have more rest built in, training advances, better nutrition and medicine along with much easier travel and accommodations? Not to mention the 4 months off every year to rest.
great post- that stuff is definitely part of it.

Its why if you dropped LeBron into the NBA of 30 years ago it would be a straight up massacre.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if cutting back on case-law research to rest up for trial- where the case will be won or lost- and is much more important- then absolutely. The goal is to win the case- the goal isnt to bill as many hours as possible (lol- well......maaaaaaaaaybe- in an ideal world)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely is his job. He signed on to play 82 games.
his job is to try and win a title for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Not play in all 82 games and make sure the fans of Memphis get to see him play. It cant be put more simplify or truthfully then that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. I wonder what my boss would say if I said: "Yeah, I'm gonna show up for 3/4 of the days I'm scheduled and take 4 months a year off"?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exactly why LeBron shouldn't, and won't win MVP.

He's on pace to lead his superteam to 55 wins and he willfully sits out games when he's healthy. You can't make it obvious you dgaf about the regular season then expect to win a regular season award. This is why Shaq only has one MVP

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his job is to try and win a title for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Not play in all 82 games and make sure the fans of Memphis get to see him play. It cant be put more simplify or truthfully then that.

And part of that is the regular season which is 82 games long. Also, if his job is to win a title for the Cavs, he's only done it once. Is he going to give them back the money for the other years when he didn't do his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.