• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop w/ your overly biased & homeristic mumbo-jumbo in your never ending attempt to pucker up & kiss LeBron's backside. MJ was injured his 2nd year in the league & only played in 18 game. After the '93 season he tried chasing his baseball dream & missed the '94 season + most of the '95 season. In '99, '00 & '01 he didn't play in the league.

lmao-data1.jpg

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA plays an 82 game season, these players are paid to play 82 games. This isn't some new thing they just came up with.

If they don't want to play 82 games, then let them get paid for the games they actually play.

They have better travel, better accomodations, a schedule with more rest built into it, better training techniques, better nutrition and better medicine.

There is no excuse.

And you can fuck off with that "King's ring" bullshit. Lebron isn't the first player to make the league a lot of money and he has what he has because of guys who had more difficult circumstances to play under building the league he plays in.

not sure why WiggityWack is trying so hard to justify LeClown and others resting so much. these guys know what they're signing on for...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only if you want to be smart about playing at your highest level when it matters most- and extending your career so you can be your best for as long as you possibly can be.

i just find it funny the league gets on lebron for sitting when no one has made more money for the league. The hypocrites in the league office should be kissing the Kings rings and thanking him for how much money they get paid.

As i said a few pages ago- Silver doesnt make 8 figures a year because he is a great commissioner- he makes 8 figures a year because of The King and the eyeballs that the King draws to the game.

Id be happy if the league office shut their big yappers, and let leBron do what he has done for them for years- make them all incredibly rich while being under compensated himself.

Hes not making money for the people spending the big dollars on seats.
Without fans, there is no TV deal. There is no league.
Plus he knew he wasnt playing all day, yet waits until after 7 pm to announce, which is significant.
Many people wait to buy seats just for that reason.
He totally fucked Vegas
He totally fucked prob 1000000+ of his fans who used him in fantasy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before I'm not a LeBron fan because the local media back home talked about him nonstop for 4 straight years when he was in HS. I had LeBron-fatigue before he even got to the NBA.

exactly 100% my thing as well. Hell, when they got into the stories of Gloria pushing a Hummer because of this guy i was all like "ok, they're making him a god before he even steps on an NBA court..."

it was nauseating...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure why WiggityWack is trying so hard to justify LeClown and others resting so much. these guys know what they're signing on for...

Exactly. When you sign on for any job, you sign on for all of it. My job sometimes requires me to put in longer hours and I even do work "off the clock" at times, plus some travel. I don't complain about it because I really enjoy it and I knew what I was signing on for.

I'd be willing to bet that virtually everyone on here, except apparently Wiggy, could say something similar about their jobs.

You do the job you signed on for...period.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA plays an 82 game season, these players are paid to play 82 games. This isn't some new thing they just came up with.

If they don't want to play 82 games, then let them get paid for the games they actually play.

They have better travel, better accomodations, a schedule with more rest built into it, better training techniques, better nutrition and better medicine.

There is no excuse.

And you can fuck off with that "King's ring" bullshit. Lebron isn't the first player to make the league a lot of money. He has what he has because of guys who had more difficult circumstances to play under, building the league he plays in.

They'd just fake injury if it was play for pay.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the urge to channel my inner-wiggy for a moment...

-Kyrie is by far the bestest PG in the league & it's not even close (and yes the Earth IS flat you fuckers!)
-Nobody, and I mean nobody, can sink 3's like JR (fuck you Steph!)
-LeBron is so special he poops gold bullion (and he ain't bald, he just gots a shitty barber)
-Love got da bestest combo of skillz of any big man since he got to the NBA (Duncan was his bitch)
-Tristan is the only true C current in the league right now (Unibrow, Boogie & Whiteside aren't C's)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd just fake injury if it was play for pay.

There are ways to curtail that as well. Independent doctors or saying they have to sit out more than one game are just a couple of ways.

Ideally, players/teams/coaches will respond to all of the complaints that are happening on their own so that the league doesn't have to take any kind of action. We'll see if that happens though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly 100% my thing as well. Hell, when they got into the stories of Gloria pushing a Hummer because of this guy i was all like "ok, they're making him a god before he even steps on an NBA court..."

it was nauseating...

There wasn't a bank in Akron that would give LeBron a load for his ride when he was in HS. He had to go 2 hours away to a bank in Columbus to get the loan. And I'm sure the interest rates were insane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes not making money for the people spending the big dollars on seats.
Without fans, there is no TV deal. There is no league.
Plus he knew he wasnt playing all day, yet waits until after 7 pm to announce, which is significant.
Many people wait to buy seats just for that reason.
He totally fucked Vegas
He totally fucked prob 1000000+ of his fans who used him in fantasy.
so- you think that LeBron has a duty to vegas and fantasy basketball players? lol.

there is no one in the game that has provided more entertainment to basketball fans over the last decade then LeBron- whether they are rooting for him, against him, talking about him etc.

If there is one thing that is 100% undeniably true is that LeBron has delivered more than anyone elses has over the last decade in the NBA and its not even close.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the NBA didn't do anything when San Antonio started doing this. Maybe because they have no marquee players? I honestly can't remember ever planning to buy tickets just to go watch the Spurs play. But I've done that for Iverson, Kobe, LeBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Embiid, etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- its not a surprise that the old schoolers dont like LEBron resting.

its just science. It makes sense why he is resting- so he can be at his best when it matters most. LeBron's goal is to win titles. His goal is not to make fantasy basketball players or Vegas happy. He could give a fuck.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so- you think that LeBron has a duty to vegas and fantasy basketball players? lol.

there is no one in the game that has provided more entertainment to basketball fans over the last decade then LeBron- whether they are rooting for him, against him, talking about him etc.

If there is one thing that is 100% undeniably true is that LeBron has delivered more than anyone elses has over the last decade in the NBA and its not even close.

LeBron has an obligation to play as many game as possible for the hard working people that buy the expensive tickets to watch him play.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is no one in the game that has provided more entertainment to basketball fans over the last decade then LeBron-
whether they are rooting for him, against him, talking about him etc.

stephen-a-smith-2015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.