• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree- MJ's workload was no where near what LeBrons is/will be by the end of his career.

LeBron- at 32 years old has already played in more games than Michael Jordan played in his entire career. By the time its over LeBron will have played in literally hundreds of more games- and have played a workload that puts MJ to shame.

MJ played in 1039 regular season games
LeBron has already played in 1049.

LeBron has played in 199 playoff games. MJ played in 179

LeBron at 32 years old has already played in 30 more games than MJ. Itll be HUNDREDS before all is said and done.

LeBron could rest 40 games a year from here on out and play a workload that was astronomically greater than MJ's.

Just stop w/ your overly biased & homeristic mumbo-jumbo in your never ending attempt to pucker up & kiss LeBron's backside. MJ was injured his 2nd year in the league & only played in 18 game. After the '93 season he tried chasing his baseball dream & missed the '94 season + most of the '95 season. In '99, '00 & '01 he didn't play in the league.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again, you take shit out of context. Obviously, unlike Whiteside, you're never going to learn.

Not once did the article say he was lazy. In fact, the only time the word "lazy" is used in the article is when Whiteside said that in China, your interpreter is everything and that "if he's lazy and don't want to help you, you're going to struggle."

The article definitely paints him as being immature, but it doesn't support your claim that he was lazy.

EXACTLY what i was saying. Wiggy didn't do shit to back up his assessment...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither of us like LeBron & he shouldn't take so many games off. Plus it doesn't help he's firmly stuck his foot in his mouth on several occasions during his career. I hate the comparison to MJ though. He's in a class all by himself. LeBron, Kobe & anyone else should never be compared to him. And just to trying to look @ this from a different perspective Steph, Dray & Klay don't have nearly as many of NBA miles as LeBron (regular season & playoffs). But that's still not an excuse for what he does. I had to look this up but MJ actually played in all 82 games 9 times & not 8. He even played in all 82 @ the age of 39 his final year in the league. Then again MJ also understood (and cared) that fans wanted to see him play & he didn't want to rob NBA fans of that experience.

Just imagine how many points MJ would have scored had he played full seasons in '94, '95, '99, '00 & '01.

That's my whole point. These guys are paid, quite well I might add, to play 82 games. What do you think Lebron and every other players reaction would be if the league said: Here are your choices, play all 82 games if you are healthy or we can cut the season to 70 games and you can take a salary cut to go along with it.

And Dayum with MJ playing 82 games at 39.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you damn near got it to a T...:pound:
dont forget a couple things

1. Riley has lost his fastball- and will retire and leave someone else holding the bag on all the draft picks he has traded far into the future.

2. Whiteside cant shoot, cant pass and cant switch

3. Kyrie is - if not the clutchest player in the league- is easily top 5--- no one id rather have down 1 with the ball in his hand with 7 second left on the clock

4. McGruder and Babbit are- if not the worst starters at their positions in the league- are def. top 5 (though- in fairness Johnson and Johnson are the "real" starters if you got by minutes- and not just being a nominal starter

5. No big man in the league has as diverse a skill set as Kevin Love- who is a GREAT passer, great shooter, great rebounder, and is extremely intelligent.

6. Dan Gilbert spends more money then anyone in league history because he wants to win so badly.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LEBron is the 2nd greatest player of all time right now at age 32--- MJ is still the greatest- at least right now.

2. Kyrie DEFINITELY is a top 5 pg in the league

3. Kevin Love - i dont think he is a "super star"- but hes an all star- and just might be the best big man in the East

4. THe Heat dont suck--- but id rather suck then be between 11th and 8th inthe East- get slaughtered in the first round- and get a crappy lotto pick

5. Pat Riley DID run Wade out of town- though Wade's pride definitely had a major role in it as well

6. Whiteside - as i said in my previous post- hasnt been lazy this year

7. I just said yesterday how great i thought Dragic was playing--- i mean- hes no KYrie- but hes about a top 10 PG--- maybe right inside that or right outside the top 10 depending on your argument

8. Yes- the Cavs will be shit on by the Heat* if they are unlucky enough to play them.

gotta admit the kid DID roll ok with this response. maybe he can develop a decent sense of humor after all...

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LEBron is the 2nd greatest player of all time right now at age 32--- MJ is still the greatest- at least right now.

2. Kyrie DEFINITELY is a top 5 pg in the league

3. Kevin Love - i dont think he is a "super star"- but hes an all star- and just might be the best big man in the East

4. THe Heat dont suck--- but id rather suck then be between 11th and 8th inthe East- get slaughtered in the first round- and get a crappy lotto pick

5. Pat Riley DID run Wade out of town- though Wade's pride definitely had a major role in it as well

6. Whiteside - as i said in my previous post- hasnt been lazy this year

7. I just said yesterday how great i thought Dragic was playing--- i mean- hes no KYrie- but hes about a top 10 PG--- maybe right inside that or right outside the top 10 depending on your argument

8. Yes- the Cavs will be shit on by the Heat* if they are unlucky enough to play them.

I stopped reading at the bolded

f9amIvd.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop w/ your overly biased & homeristic mumbo-jumbo in your never ending attempt to pucker up & kiss LeBron's backside. MJ was injured his 2nd year in the league & only played in 18 game. After the '93 season he tried chasing his baseball dream & missed the '94 season + most of the '95 season. In '99, '00 & '01 he didn't play in the league.
how does that change the fact that LeBron has already played in more games than MJ at the age of 32?

should i blame LeBron for coming to the NBA straight from high shcool, and not quitting to go play football for 2 years, should i blame LeBron for keeping his body in A1 condition and never suffering a serious injury like MJ had a couple times in his career?

is that LeBron's fault?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont forget a couple things

1. Riley has lost his fastball- and will retire and leave someone else holding the bag on all the draft picks he has traded far into the future.

2. Whiteside cant shoot, cant pass and cant switch

3. Kyrie is - if not the clutchest player in the league- is easily top 5--- no one id rather have down 1 with the ball in his hand with 7 second left on the clock

4. McGruder and Babbit are- if not the worst starters at their positions in the league- are def. top 5 (though- in fairness Johnson and Johnson are the "real" starters if you got by minutes- and not just being a nominal starter

5. No big man in the league has as diverse a skill set as Kevin Love- who is a GREAT passer, great shooter, great rebounder, and is extremely intelligent.

6. Dan Gilbert spends more money then anyone in league history because he wants to win so badly.

2 in a row? can somebody mark this day as the 1st time WiggityWack got of that many funny ones in a day...?

#fairlyimpressed

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my whole point. These guys are paid, quite well I might add, to play 82 games. What do you think Lebron and every other players reaction would be if the league said: Here are your choices, play all 82 games if you are healthy or we can cut the season to 70 games and you can take a salary cut to go along with it.

And Dayum with MJ playing 82 games at 39.

I would actually like it if the regular season was shortened to 70 games. The players wouldn't because of a decrease in salary but fuck them anyway! All pro athletes are way overpaid. And if the regular season was shorter then the playoffs wouldn't take so damn long. MJ playing in all 82 @ age 39 just shows what great shape he was in. Had to look this up but KAJ played in 80 game @ the age of 40. He had a great 20 year run.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does that change the fact that LeBron has already played in more games than MJ at the age of 32?

should i blame LeBron for coming to the NBA straight from high shcool, and not quitting to go play football for 2 years, should i blame LeBron for keeping his body in A1 condition and never suffering a serious injury like MJ had a couple times in his career?

is that LeBron's fault?

Did you know it's YOUR FAULT so many on this site dislike The Bald One? Nobody has denied how great he is but stop kissing his ass 24/7!

signed: all of us

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is. He signed on for 82 games and players have it a lot easier than even in MJ's day. There is no excuse other than injury.
only if you want to be smart about playing at your highest level when it matters most- and extending your career so you can be your best for as long as you possibly can be.

i just find it funny the league gets on lebron for sitting when no one has made more money for the league. The hypocrites in the league office should be kissing the Kings rings and thanking him for how much money they get paid.

As i said a few pages ago- Silver doesnt make 8 figures a year because he is a great commissioner- he makes 8 figures a year because of The King and the eyeballs that the King draws to the game.

Id be happy if the league office shut their big yappers, and let leBron do what he has done for them for years- make them all incredibly rich while being under compensated himself.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually like it if the regular season was shortened to 70 games. The players wouldn't because of a decrease in salary but fuck them anyway! All pro athletes are way overpaid. And if the regular season was shorter then the playoffs wouldn't take so damn long. MJ playing in all 82 @ age 39 just shows what great shape he was in. Had to look this up but KAJ played in 80 game @ the age of 40. He had a great 20 year run.

I think that most, even die hard, NBA fans would be just fine with a shortened season. Imo, it would do a couple of things.

It would, hopefully, eliminate some or all of these "rest games" and it would make the regular season more important because it would mean 12 fewer games to use for playoff positioning.

I doubt it would ever happen though, because it would mean less money for teams and players.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know it's YOUR FAULT so many on this site dislike The Bald One? Nobody has denied how great he is but stop kissing his ass 24/7!

signed: all of us

well, i disliked him personally way before WiggityWack and LeGroupie23 started slobbin' his knob. but you captured the essence...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why KAJ will probably never be caught for the points scored record.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ playing in all 82 @ age 39 just shows what great shape he was in. Had to look this up but KAJ played in 80 game @ the age of 40. He had a great 20 year run.

This part of why I don't like this rest crap. Kareem can play in 80 of 82 at 40. MJ can play in 82 at 39. But these guys with all of the advances in nutrition, training techniques, medicine and a schedule that allows for more rest than we've seen in the past...somehow can't play 82 because they get "tired."

I don't know for sure, but I'd almost be willing to bet that the 2 games that Kareem missed came at the end of the season after playoff positioning had been locked up. That was how Riley used to rest his starters/get bench guys some run before the playoffs.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most, even die hard, NBA fans would be just fine with a shortened season. Imo, it would do a couple of things.

It would, hopefully, eliminate some or all of these "rest games" and it would make the regular season more important because it would mean 12 fewer games to use for playoff positioning.

I doubt it would ever happen though, because it would mean less money for teams and players.

I agree.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has scored about 28,500 points thus far in his career

KAJ is at about 38,500--- Kobe at 33,600, Malone at justa bout 37000

LeBron is a fairly sure bet to pass Kobe for 3rd all time--- but itll be very tough to pass Malone, and even tougher to pass KAJ.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only if you want to be smart about playing at your highest level when it matters most- and extending your career so you can be your best for as long as you possibly can be.

i just find it funny the league gets on lebron for sitting when no one has made more money for the league. The hypocrites in the league office should be kissing the Kings rings and thanking him for how much money they get paid.

As i said a few pages ago- Silver doesnt make 8 figures a year because he is a great commissioner- he makes 8 figures a year because of The King and the eyeballs that the King draws to the game.

Id be happy if the league office shut their big yappers, and let leBron do what he has done for them for years- make them all incredibly rich while being under compensated himself.

The NBA plays an 82 game season, these players are paid to play 82 games. This isn't some new thing they just came up with.

If they don't want to play 82 games, then let them get paid for the games they actually play.

They have better travel, better accomodations, a schedule with more rest built into it, better training techniques, better nutrition and better medicine.

There is no excuse.

And you can fuck off with that "King's ring" bullshit. Lebron isn't the first player to make the league a lot of money. He has what he has because of guys who had more difficult circumstances to play under, building the league he plays in.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i disliked him personally way before WiggityWack and LeGroupie23 started slobbin' his knob. but you captured the essence...

Like I said before I'm not a LeBron fan because the local media back home talked about him nonstop for 4 straight years when he was in HS. I had LeBron-fatigue before he even got to the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.