• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post- that stuff is definitely part of it.

Its why if you dropped LeBron into the NBA of 30 years ago it would be a straight up massacre.

Not with all of the games he would sit out to "rest" it wouldn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I wonder what my boss would say if I said: "Yeah, I'm gonna show up for 3/4 of the days I'm scheduled and take 4 months a year off"?
if you said- now- this will give me a better chance to sell houses (which- rest has been scientifically proven to give him a better chance to be healthy and in 100% physical condition for the finals)- then absolutely 100%

its a bottom line business-

20 years from now they wont be asking if LeBron played in all 82 games. They will be asking how many titles he won--- which is his goal and the teams goal.

LeBron's duty and obligation is to do whatever he possibly can to give himself the best chance at winning the NBA Championship. That cannot be argued with. Its simply fact.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exactly why LeBron shouldn't, and won't win MVP.

He's on pace to lead his superteam to 55 wins and he willfully sits out games when he's healthy. You can't make it obvious you dgaf about the regular season then expect to win a regular season award. This is why Shaq only has one MVP
I totally agree with this. I do think him resting should be held against him in any MVP conversation.

but again- the goal isnt to win the MVP, the goal isnt to play 82 games, the goal isnt to play on national tV

the goal is to win a title- PERIOD.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca, you might as well just make the switch and become a Laker fan. I mean, let's look at it logically...the Clippers done had the better team for like 5 years, and they still the sidechick of LA. Just imagine what things are gonna be like when the Lakers get good again...
happy-side-chick-day.jpg

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Shaq only has one MVP

Exactly. Wiggy likes to think that I (among others) just pick on Lebron because of hate. You should see some of the things I've posted about Shaq and how he refused to stay in shape in the off-season, wouldn't get treatment for nagging injuries in the off-season because "I got hurt on company time, I'm gonna heal on company time" and how he would use training camp and the first few weeks of the season to play himself into shape.

I've always said that Shaq could have easily been the greatest center in league history, if not overtake MJ as GOAT, if he wasn't so lazy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. I do think him resting should be held against him in any MVP conversation.

but again- the goal isnt to win the MVP, the goal isnt to play 82 games, the goal isnt to play on national tV

the goal is to win a title- PERIOD.

"screw the fans AND their perspective"-Wiggy:heh:

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"screw the fans AND their perspective"-Wiggy:heh:
if the league wants to make rule changes- then its on them.

LeBron's obligation is do everything in his ability to win a title inside the rules. If the league wants to change the rules- then they are certainly welcome to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or drop 40 on a "top 5 pg"...:lol::lol:
its just a shame he couldnt finish the job and only came up with 3 in the 4th qtr.

Kyrie of course put up 46 - 11 of which came in the 4th qtr. in the WIN.

in Kyrie's other prolific scoring games- he dropped 55 on the Blazers and hit a game winner with LeBron sitting out. IN A WIN.

and of course no one can forget wehn Kyrie torched the Spurs in San Antonio for 57 points- including the game tying shot right in Kawhi leonards eye. IN A WIN

russell gots a looooong way to go before he is on KI's level. Would be nice to see it in a win as well. ;)

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont let DeAngelo Russell see you giving that cake your sidepiece...he will rat you out! lol.
DAngelo-Russell-Rat-e1459419753632.jpg
He's a piece of shit and honestly should have been black balled from the league, he can go fuck himself and I wish the team would have jumped his pie ass in the locker room.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the league wants to make rule changes- then its on them.

LeBron's obligation is do everything in his ability to win a title inside the rules. If the league wants to change the rules- then they are certainly welcome to.

his "obligation" is to do what he's paid to do. play basketball. titles and all that other crap is all window dressing...

CLEARLY he thinks like you do though...:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a piece of shit and honestly should have been black balled from the league, he can go fuck himself and I wish the team would have jumped his pie ass in the locker room.
under the "dumb things you can do category" being a rookie who rats out his teammates to their significant others is PROBABLY not the brightest thing one can do to endear themselves to their teammates. lol.

while its certainly not an offense punishable by death- it was also pretty fucking stupid.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under the "dumb things you can do category" being a rookie who rats out his teammates to their significant others is PROBABLY not the brightest thing one can do to endear themselves to their teammates. lol.

while its certainly not an offense punishable by death- it was also pretty fucking stupid.
It's an offense punishable by getting the shit beat out of you and blackballed though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you said- now- this will give me a better chance to sell houses (which- rest has been scientifically proven to give him a better chance to be healthy and in 100% physical condition for the finals)- then absolutely 100%

its a bottom line business-

20 years from now they wont be asking if LeBron played in all 82 games. They will be asking how many titles he won--- which is his goal and the teams goal.

LeBron's duty and obligation is to do whatever he possibly can to give himself the best chance at winning the NBA Championship. That cannot be argued with. Its simply fact.

Maybe LeBron thinks this . . . but it isn't completely true. One's legacy encompasses more than just how many times someone won. It's why, regardless of how many championships he wins, LeBron's legacy will forever be tarnished by the fact that he left Cleveland to go play with two All-Stars and only agreed to return to Cleveland once they had an established All-Star and agreed to whatever it took to trade for another one.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just a shame he couldnt finish the job and only came up with 3 in the 4th qtr.

Kyrie of course put up 46 - 11 of which came in the 4th qtr. in the WIN.

in Kyrie's other prolific scoring games- he dropped 55 on the Blazers and hit a game winner with LeBron sitting out. IN A WIN.

and of course no one can forget wehn Kyrie torched the Spurs in San Antonio for 57 points- including the game tying shot right in Kawhi leonards eye. IN A WIN

russell gots a looooong way to go before he is on KI's level. Would be nice to see it in a win as well. ;)

point was he's STILL a defensive liabilty. course anyone OBJECTIVE already knows this...

but DO keep trying to impress everyone else...:D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah was Russell did was bad. But there's a certain level of irony in you using the phrase..."pretty fucking stupid".:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.