• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why a good deal for Houston?

6M per year. He is a vet. Provides a decent bat. Has a ring that he can show the kids and make them want one of their own.

6M is not a hand-cuff contract and they are not flush with talent where his roster spot will be a problem.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't sign with Houston, he signed with the Marlins, who play in Miami.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that on this one you are just wrong. A generalized statement that we have signed no free agents of significance was what I made and asked for opinions why that might be. Instead of answers all I got was defensiveness I guess trying to defend the Giants. In my opinion there was no defense needed. The statement is accurate but it seems the answers get twisted to display the responders agenda because they sense an attack.
I don't know the history of this board, perhaps you have a history of invaders on this board but it makes newcomers like myself uncomfortable. There seems to be a general distrust and "outing of trolls" thng that goes on when someone disagrees with the group. Maybe its just me.

All I can say is that on this one you are just wrong. You made a statement that we have signed no free agents of significance, and then offered your opinion that "top players do not want to come to the Giants". You then followed that up with asking why players don't want to sign with the Giants.

You made a STATEMENT on this thread, page 44, at 12-14-2014, 06:57 AM :

I guess that's OK. You don't want to do a deal just to do a deal. It has to benefit the team.
It has become very clear that for some reason the top players do not want to come to this team and its something the Giants will just have to live with. The choice the Giants are left with is to grossly overpay for FAs or develop players within. I think they'll opt for the latter.

Then on the next page, although you technically asked a question, it presumed that your first statement was correct, which is a logical fallacy. You know, like "Does your mother know you suck horse cock with that mouth?". The question assumes a fact that hasn't been proven.

Well, every big name free agent they've gone after since Barry Zito and on that one the got hoodwinked.

Doesn't it seem odd to you when players will not come to the most successful team of this century, with the best manager, the best park in baseball, a sell out crowd to play in front of every day and who is willing to pay as much as anyone for these players? C'mon now.

Nobody bought your premise "players don't want to play for the Giants". When you were asked for specifics, you waffled. So, frankly, you standing here has dropped. Not because of your point of view, but because of the way you post. "I'm right, why can't you see it" with no supporting facts is not the way to make yourself respected. Actually, your posts on this subject have been all about lack of facts, and all about your *opinion*.

Nobody buys your opinion on this subject. Suck it up, accept it, and move on. That would be the adult way to move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire engines are red.
Ferraris are red.
Fire engines and Ferraris are automobiles.
Thus automobiles must be red.

Sorry, "top players don't want to come here" won't be accepted as fact until you actually produce some points supporting that. "We haven't signed what I consider top free agents" isn't at all the same thing as "top players don't want to come here", nor is it the same as "Giants are all about the bottom line and won't spend money". See the Ferrari example above.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA has Garrett Jones who I guess is drawing trade interest. Morse will probably be their starting 1B

Gordon
Yelich
Stanton
Morse

I don't understand your list. Dee Gordon is a 2B/SS, Yelich and Stanton are LF/RF, respectively. Yelich and Stanton were with the team last year, Gordon was recently acquired in a trade, and Morse was just signed. Could you explain to me in simple terms, please ? I guess I'm a little slow today. ;)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your list. Dee Gordon is a 2B/SS, Yelich and Stanton are LF/RF, respectively. Yelich and Stanton were with the team last year, Gordon was recently acquired in a trade, and Morse was just signed. Could you explain to me in simple terms, please ? I guess I'm a little slow today. ;)

First 4 in their new batting otder

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't sign with Houston, he signed with the Marlins, who play in Miami.

HA!!

I knew that, too. For some reason, Miami translated in my head to Houston.

While my reasoning was designed for Houston, it still works for Miami...

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN article is still saying 2/8mil......

Then again, it is ESPN. Not the most reliable.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If 2/$8M is true, it's an absolute bargain for the Marlins compare to what Butler (3/$30M) and Morales (2/$17M) received. Even with Morse's defensive liability, for only 2/$8M I would love to have him back as a Giants. But then he is from Florida maybe that's where he wants so play.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2/$8M is true, it's an absolute bargain for the Marlins compare to what Butler (3/$30M) and Morales (2/$17M) received. Even with Morse's defensive liability, for only 2/$8M I would love to have him back as a Giants. But then he is from Florida maybe that's where he wants so play.

Also he's got no position here in SF. He's not gonna bump Belt (or Posey) from first, and while he's ok fielding 1B he's a huge mess in left as we all know. Just not a fit, sadly.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He spurned the Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he's got no position here in SF. He's not gonna bump Belt (or Posey) from first, and while he's ok fielding 1B he's a huge mess in left as we all know. Just not a fit, sadly.

Yea. He just isn't a fit. We have a shit-ton of 1B, and he simply cant play the OF.

He is a good player for a team with a weak 1B situation or a young team that can afford to have a good player with warts but with a ring.

You can be a good player and just not be a fit for every team. Not a knock on the player.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see him play for a team like Baltimore, Cleveland or the Yankees......if he stayed healthy and got 500+ ABs as a DH, I bet he could hit 40+ Home Runs in those parks.

I liked him, but you guys are right....he didn't fit going forward.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just looking at rumors and saw Marlon Byrd being shopped.....

Not the greatest, but wouldn't be a bad option at the right price, of course.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just looking at rumors and saw Marlon Byrd being shopped.....

Not the greatest, but wouldn't be a bad option at the right price, of course.

Only if they throw in that Hamels kid to sweeten the deal.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres looking at acquiring either Justin Upton or Wil Myers, maybe with farm system they could get both...

Already have a nice rotation. With improvements to lineup, could really be a surprise team this year.