• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Rosterbation

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, moving on from the Panda.....so long, and thanks for the memories.

What combination of the following could be the consolation prize?......

A.Torii Hunter on a short deal.
B. Re-sign Morse, Romo and one of Peavy/Vogey
C. Chase Headley on a 4/50 deal.
D. Lester on a HUGE deal.

I'm thinking C and D.........

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, moving on from the Panda.....so long, and thanks for the memories.

What combination of the following could be the consolation prize?......

A.Torii Hunter on a short deal.
B. Re-sign Morse, Romo and one of Peavy/Vogey
C. Chase Headley on a 4/50 deal.
D. Lester on a HUGE deal.

I'm thinking C and D.........

What about the Cubans? I want in on that! Any chance we're legitimately in the mix?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hunter is coming here. He has been pretty open saying that his preference is Minnesota. Molitor wants him as essentially a player-coach.

I want to move on from Morse and Romo. I am OK with Vogey coming back on a 1/6 or 1/8.

If we can do Headley on a 4/50, I am OK with that. OK bat, +defense, and he knows the NLWest. I am scared to bring in a big $$ SP through FA. Pitchers just don't have the shelf life to ever make it worth it. To be fair, though, I am quite ignorant on the Lester specifics. I have no ability to project him.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Cubans? I want in on that! Any chance we're legitimately in the mix?

They could be the game changers in this. I don't know enough about them to comment with any accuracy. Sounds like Tomas could be a beast....if that is the direction the Giants choose, I would be behind that, too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most rumors I have seen had the Giants as the favorite for Tomas if they lost out on Panda.

In general, though, I have seen Philly and SD as the Tomas favorites.

The Giants appear to be in the mix for Moncada, along with Boston and the Spanks. The prob with him is that his signing would could towards their international amateur pool. There are some STRICT restrictions/penalties in how those $$ get used.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....Free Agent pitchers are scary at times. Lester seems like a pretty solid choice though. Stand up guy with nasty stuff.

I'm a huge Torii Hunter fan, but at this point in his career, I think he is better served in the AL.

I think we have to make a strong play for Headley now. (Unless we think we can land Tomas)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could be the game changers in this. I don't know enough about them to comment with any accuracy. Sounds like Tomas could be a beast....if that is the direction the Giants choose, I would be behind that, too.

I have no direct knowledge, but my feel on him is that he is a Kevin Mitchell clone. He CAN play 3B, but he is more geared towards RF/DH and is rather short and stout. Light-tower power, though.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hunter is coming here. He has been pretty open saying that his preference is Minnesota. Molitor wants him as essentially a player-coach.

I want to move on from Morse and Romo. I am OK with Vogey coming back on a 1/6 or 1/8.

If we can do Headley on a 4/50, I am OK with that. OK bat, +defense, and he knows the NLWest. I am scared to bring in a big $$ SP through FA. Pitchers just don't have the shelf life to ever make it worth it. To be fair, though, I am quite ignorant on the Lester specifics. I have no ability to project him.

#TeamHeadley

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lester has either come into his own, or just had his career year and will regress to norm. (Last season was a HUGE best year for him. Best in ERA, WHIP, K/BB)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard him say that on KNBR.

That is about as definitive a statement as can be made. And that was said post-Panda, so I actually believe it now.

Yep. And the Giants have continually said that 3B will be solved from outside the organization, so I don't expect Crawford, Duffy etc. to be options either.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And the Giants have continually said that 3B will be solved from outside the organization, so I don't expect Crawford, Duffy etc. to be options either.

What is this Crawford ot 3B nonsense I keep hearing. He is our SS and is a good one.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this Crawford ot 3B nonsense I keep hearing. He is our SS and is a good one.

It's not happening, and I agree with you. Why would you want to move him? But, it has been flying around so I'm just mentioning it. Our new 3rd baseman is not in the org. right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not happening, and I agree with you. Why would you want to move him? But, it has been flying around so I'm just mentioning it. Our new 3rd baseman is not in the org. right now.

I'd like to see Duffy get a shot. I was impressed with him in the post season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I'd like to see Duffy get a shot. I was impressed with him in the post season.

I think him and EA are the reason Craw got mentioned at 3B. Craw has an arm that can play in RF if needed. EA reportedly has better D than Crawford and Duffy supposedly has a decent enough Arm for SS, but not for 3B.

If Duffy or EA win out, it may have made sense to move Craw over for defensive purposes.

Not sure if this theory was actually considered past the brainstorming level in the FO, but this was the thought process put forth here.

Agree, though. These are worst-case-scenarios and should not be the plan going into ST.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in the end....it was all about money for Sandoval.

Oh well, have fun being the whipping boy for Sox Nation if things don't go as planned.

Go Giants!

Panda is lovable, but he is insanely frustrating. I wonder how long it will take for the Boston fans to turn on him. In SF, he came up as a kid, and the fans had 3 rings to keep them distracted. In Boston, he is a mercenary.
I don't get it. He spends his entire career so far with one team, has been an all star, and has three WS rings, and bolts for 6% more money? Did some one offend him at some point, like talk about his mama, or does his agent (read: money) have that much power over him?

Boy, a bunch of panda hats are going to clog the landfills. :)

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval kicked the fans squarely in the nuts! and this is going to hurt the team big time.
There aren't any good options to replace him

Yeah no more panda hats or anything like it at the park - he is HISTORY!!!